The IT Crowd To Return For One More Episode, Films In a Few Weeks

1370872777.png

Series creator and writer of the Channel 4 sitcom set in a company?s IT department, Graham Linehan just announced during an IT Crowd Q&A at German conference re:publica that the long-teased special, which he has previously stated will serve as the finale to the series, will be filmed in three weeks? time.

The script for the forty-minute special was written over a year ago, but the actors, including Richard Ayoade, Katherine Parkinson, Chris O?Dowd and Matt Berry, have been too busy with other filming commitments ? and in one case a pregnancy ? to work on it until now.

In the meantime Linehan also announced that his new TV sitcom Count Arthur Strong, based on the character that has been appearing in Radio 4 sitcoms for a few years, is expected to be broadcast on BBC Two in June. It was filmed in January, so that might give you an idea of when the IT Crowd special will be broadcast?

[x]

• Like 3

The only way this news could be better is if they get to the end of the episode and say, "you know what? That was too fun, let's do more."

excellent, very happy to see at least a bit more of the show.

They will write it as a finale, realise that there is a demand (after a short break the cow is ready for milking) and then need to shoe-horn in a poorly written and rushed new series, thus ruining the special-one-off. Then they will need another new series to make up for the rubbish one... and then they will do a finale again.

I'm sure that there are plenty of times this has happened in British comedy.

They will write it as a finale, realise that there is a demand (after a short break the cow is ready for milking) and then need to shoe-horn in a poorly written and rushed new series, thus ruining the special-one-off. Then they will need another new series to make up for the rubbish one... and then they will do a finale again.

I'm sure that there are plenty of times this has happened in British comedy.

sorry, all I heard was "blah blah blah there will be more IT Crowd". So, :D

• Like 2

The IT Crowd! Returns! In a brand new episode!

nice, i liked allot but alas i stopped in S2, the comedic factor was becoming bland...might give it another shot.

The IT Crowd! Returns! In a brand new episode!

nice, i liked allot but alas i stopped in S2, the comedic factor was becoming bland...might give it another shot.

Yeah go back it's still a great series

The only way this news could be better is if they get to the end of the episode and say, "you know what? That was too fun, let's do more."

Always Netflix :shifty:

• 1 month later...

i love this show and it was always sad how short the seasons were.

There is no good UK TV shows now, I watched Still Game and then the IT Crowd. I've watched a few episodes of some other shows like the Apprentice, the thick of it and top gear. But there has been very few no good UK produced TV shows since the IT Crowd. All Reality TV shows are utter crap, it's killing television. The UK TV show worth watching recently has been Derek.

Yeah IT crowd and the Thick of it were great. I give you guys all credit though for bowing out on high notes and not running your shows into the ground or until they are cancelled like Hollywood perpetually does,

There is no good UK TV shows now, I watched Still Game and then the IT Crowd. I've watched a few episodes of some other shows like the Apprentice, the thick of it and top gear. But there has been very few no good UK produced TV shows since the IT Crowd. All Reality TV shows are utter crap, it's killing television. The UK TV show worth watching recently has been Derek.

Still Game is the BOY, same with Burnistoun and Limmy's Show - Scottish comedy never gets the right promotion, but it has been urinating from up-high on the rest of the UK for a few years now.

Best Recent-ish British Shows

Sherlock

Psychoville (From the guys who did The League of Gentlemen)

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace (Feat. Richard Ayoade & Matt Berry)

How Not To Live Your Life

The Thick of It

I'm sure there are some others that have slipped through the net, but I cannot recall any without going too far back. If you're really lacking in shows worth watching in English, I'd give the below a try:

The Following

Hannibal

Trailer Park Boys

Bates Motel

The Borgias

We Can Be Heroes

Summer Heights High

Angry Boys

Watch Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

It was brilliant but the idiot british audience never watched it. It does have a cult following though.

Peep Show is another excellent british sitcom.