Last Ship

Based on the novel of the same name by William Brinkley, The Last Ship picks up in the wake of a global catastrophe which nearly obliterates the earth?s population, forcing the crew of the naval destroyer USS Nathan James to confront the reality of their new existence in a world where they are among the only survivors. The series is produced by Platinum Dunes and stars Eric Dane (Grey?s Anatomy), Rhona Mitra (Strike Back), Adam Baldwin (Chuck) and Tracy Middendorf (Boardwalk Empire). Michael Bay, Brad Fuller, Andrew Form, Steven Kane (The Closer) and Hank Steinberg (Without a Trace) serve as the executive producers. The script for the pilot was written by Kane and Steinberg, who is also serving as showrunner on the project.

• Like 2

tnt-orders-michael-bay-series-starring-eric-dane.jpg

TNT has gone ahead of schedule and given a 10-episode series order to explosive action filmmaker Michael Bay?s post-apocalyptic drama, The Last Ship. The series, starring Eric Dane (Grey?s Anatomy) is one of the two pilots (the other being Legends) at TNT that have been awaiting a series order.

The Last Ship is based on the novel of the same name by William Brinkley and it is not set to premiere until 2014. The series will be helmed by Bay and his partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form. Hank Steinberg (Without A Trace) has been named as showrunner, with Steven Kane (The Closer). Kane and Steinberg penned the pilot together, which was directed by Jonathan Mostow.

The Last Ship begins with a global catastrophe that nearly wipes out the world?s population. Because of its positioning, the Navy destroyer U.S.S. Nathan James avoids falling victim to the devastating tragedy. But now the crew and its captain must confront the reality of their new existence in a world where they may be among the few remaining survivors. Dane plays the lead role, Captain Tom Chandler, a Navy man who has all the important qualities of a strong leader: authoritative, decisive, fair and courageous.

?The Last Ship has all the elements of a big Hollywood blockbuster, from its epic storytelling to its top-notch cast headed by the perfect leading man, Eric Dane,? said TNT?s head of programming Michael Wright. ?Michael Bay and his fellow executive producers have shaped William Brinkley?s story and characters into an exceptional drama full of action, suspense, tragedy and triumph.?

You can check out the trailer for the series below.

Souce: http://www.tvrage.co...rring-eric-dane

Looks very interesting. I will add it to my "To Watch" list....

Sorry Rappy, didnt see there was a topic about this already.

Thanks for merging the topics :)

Will watch for Adam Baldwin, I can't get enough of these post apocalyptic themed movies/tv shows/games

If i'm not mistaking, in the last several years, all the post apocalyptic themed TV shows didnt hold more than 1 season.

I am still surprised at that one :/

I actually like the show, it's coming back for another season next month and the last one ended with a twist so i'm waiting to see what will happen.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

awww man, it was looking REALLY good up until they brought the a virus in.

I thought it was going to be about a ship barrier in Antarctica!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...