Last Ship

• 2 weeks later...

The Walking Dead, Revolution, Falling Skies are still going.

HA,    a day before the cancelled.     Revolution had terrible script and acting.   I watched first 6-7 episodes.  Before I gave up, on my eyes bleeding.  Seriously wanted to like the show too :(

so this new one:     its about a virus?   hmmmm...  I will wait for feedback after at least 3-4 episodes,   since I think it will be cancelled soon too.

Not a bad first episode! (Y)

Same with you, didn't think it was great nor was it crap. I like the idea, hopefully get to see them go on land for a few episodes.

It's airing on Space up here in Canada. First episode was really good. So this is Falling Skies meets World Waz Z/I Am Legend I guess.

Halfway through it and it looks bad..

First half was slow but the last half on the Italian liner was really good

First half was slow but the last half on the Italian liner was really good

Pace wasn't my problem. It was the plot contrivances, the clich?s and the bad acting. The Russians attack with 5 helicopters but they fail to kill anyone and teleporting dog saves the day for example or the black guy conveniently tripping (I kinda zoned out during these scenes), gets infected and blows his brains out instantly "for the greater good". Also, why is the handling of a global pandemic a covert op in the hands of two people?

I wanted to watch this for Adam Baldwin, but I just can't.

Pace wasn't my problem. It was the plot contrivances, the clich?s and the bad acting. The Russians attack with 5 helicopters but they fail to kill anyone and teleporting dog saves the day for example or the black guy conveniently tripping (I kinda zoned out during these scenes), gets infected and blows his brains out instantly "for the greater good". Also, why is the handling of a global pandemic a covert op in the hands of two people?

I wanted to watch this for Adam Baldwin, but I just can't.

I agree, I wanted to like this show, but these exact reasons have killed it for me.

To be fair about sending two people, they did address that atleast

The government didn't believe their theory and they didn't want to waste more resources on her wild goose chase.  Plus the guy scientist looks like he is a spy/conspirator of some sort. :/  Which puts another mark in the lame/clich? category.

To be fair about sending two people, they did address that atleast

Indeed they did, but it wasn't in any way satisfying. There's a very infectious virus that kills everyone very fast and you're telling me the world's super powers don't combine their efforts and explore every possible avenue for a cure? Also what the two scientists are doing isn't some some mad scientist's notion. I would imagine that trying to find the virus' origin and studying it's carriers (and how to stop them) would be up there as a priority. We're talking about an extinction scenario here!

Not sure how much I like that they changed the basics of the story from the novel. In the novel, for those who don't know, it is a nuclear war that occurs between the USA and USSR (and other regional nuke battles as well) and the ships journey trying to find a safe harbor to start humanity over etc.

I  really liked the first episode, I too think it wont survive past the first season but I got hopes it will.