Last Ship

No offense to the makers of this show and to those who enjoy it, and thanks for making the pilot free on iTunes and other places as well - but really didn't like it. Overly cliched and jingoistic, as many have noted it's really like watching a 1990's Michael Bay movie. Crimson Tide with a destroyer instead of a submarine. Won't be sticking with this, hope it fares well.

No offense to the makers of this show and to those who enjoy it, and thanks for making the pilot free on iTunes and other places as well - but really didn't like it. Overly cliched and jingoistic, as many have noted it's really like watching a 1990's Michael Bay movie. Crimson Tide with a destroyer instead of a submarine. Won't be sticking with this, hope it fares well.

No offence to you but this show is not like that  as it deals with a  viral outbreak that has cost  the lives of millions of people on this planet  there is no government to speak of anymore  but the  Last navy Vessel ship has  the only  Doctor  who is  trying to make a cure and they are trying to survoive the best they can  and  well any survivors from other nation will do  and stop at nothing to get it for themselves   so it is  a bit of everything but   still orginal  to itself  

No offence to you but this show is not like that  as it deals with a  viral outbreak that has cost  the lives of millions of people on this planet  there is no government to speak of anymore  but the  Last navy Vessel ship has  the only  Doctor  who is  trying to make a cure and they are trying to survoive the best they can  and  well any survivors from other nation will do  and stop at nothing to get it for themselves   so it is  a bit of everything but   still orginal  to itself  

Glad you enjoy it. I know what it's about as I watched the pilot plus read the summary of the book. Original is not the first word i'd use to describe anything about the book or the show, and how i perceive the presentation is entirely up to me: and i think it's a bunch of cliches. But there's no accounting for taste and of course it could evolve into something more interesting given time.

Glad you enjoy it. I know what it's about as I watched the pilot plus read the summary of the book. Original is not the first word i'd use to describe anything about the book or the show, and how i perceive the presentation is entirely up to me: and i think it's a bunch of cliches. But there's no accounting for taste and of course it could evolve into something more interesting given time.

The Book came out in 1988 long before  your cliches you mention from 90s  movies 

• Like 1

Not sure how they are even calling this related to the book since it's totally different. One dealt with a nuclear war that obliterated civilization and the "ship" and it's crew trying to rebuild humanity etc. The show is about a virus, and a virus...that's it so far.

• Like 2

The Book came out in 1988 long before  your cliches you mention from 90s  movies 

Those cliches have existed long before 1988, but let's not debate this too much. I don't like this show and have no intention of watching it, but i won't come into this thread to make people who do like it feel bad. Have fun and hope it gets renewed for multiple seasons.

Not sure how they are even calling this related to the book since it's totally different. One dealt with a nuclear war that obliterated civilization and the "ship" and it's crew trying to rebuild humanity etc. The show is about a virus, and a virus...that's it so far.

It is officially based on that book...so it's not me calling it that, it's the producers of the show itself. I'm aware the original was a cold war thriller (sounds like On the Beach) while this one is a virus scare. Since there's a REAL virus scare going on right now in our world, not really in the mood for the subject matter as entertainment at the moment. But yes, i've made my point that i think this show is a waste of time and money and completely trite, there's no need for me to say anything further in a thread dedicated to people who enjoy it.

EDIT: sorry LOC, just noticed you said "they". Totally agree, i also am not sure why they chose to base it on that book rather than treat it as an original story

• Like 1

That last episode was really stupid.

The part where the wind came up right after they said amen after praying was STUPID!.

Apparently if you are weak from lack of water, just seeing an island that has water is enough to give you your strength back.

It appears that once again only black people can actually sing.

• Like 2

I'm out, too clich? for me. Russian villain, Russian spy aboard the US ship, unvetted "bad ass" being assigned to crew etc etc it goes on and on.

I'm out, too clich? for me. Russian villain, Russian spy aboard the US ship, unvetted "bad ass" being assigned to crew etc etc it goes on and on.

At least they included Russians in the show. In the book they are stalked (kinda) by a Russian sub after the nuclear war, then eventually team up and restart humanity together. I'm pretty sure nothing like that is going to happen in the show lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have to say I really enjoyed this show, I was expecting it to flop hard. So pleased it got a second season, really enjoyed the finale too.

• 7 months later...