Still So Many BUGS.

After finally getting hold of 2600 to replace my old RC1 build i was in for a few nasty shocks. First of all after 20 minutes of installation it crashed with a black screen. After hours of messing around, i finally found out it didnt like my gforce mx. After ripping a g400 from my girlfriends computer, i finally managed to install the thing and then replace my mx. I was a bit short of disc space, so i thought i'd give the built in compression a test on the windows folder. Half way through, i was suddenly greeted by loads of WINDOWS FILE PROTECTION windows saying all my system files had changed and i needed to insert the XP CD. It seems that windows file protection is completely unaware and incompatible with compression, and microsoft hadn't even noticed. After managing to fix that, i thought i'd get rid of some old games, so i deleted lots of stuff, and when i empted the bin, all the icons vanished on the desktop. This also happens when copying large files to another drive. Then to my shock, the old WHITE BLANK WINDOW bug which covers the entire screen appeared. This was introduced in the first IE6 build and again, microsoft didn't bother to remove it. Oh yeah, and then occasionally just like with the old betas, the computer locks up for about 30 seconds at a time, except for the mouse.

And then theres the display properties, completely unfinished. If u try and manually change the colors, most of the changes have no affect at all using the new XP style. I could go on and on and on.

The only bug fixed for me is that i finally get no horrible glitches on my sound, every other bug is still firmly in place.

The product is not even in the shops and it's in desperate need of a service pack. So what went wrong, it all went so well upto RC1.

I've tried XP on all three of my computers, hoping it would be different on the others, but NOPE, bugs everywhere

Are my computers all cursed? or is everyone else having some nasty XPeriences too.

Tested on

(AMD Duron 900, 512mb, Nvidia G-force2-mx)

(AMD Duron 800, 256mb, Matrox G400)

(INTEL Celery 450 256mb, Nvidia Tnt2 Ultra)

WindowsXP has installed fine on my system, and so far never crashed once.

My system:

p2 333MHz with 256MB RAM

40GB HD, SoundBlaster Live!, Voodoo 3 3000

So far, not a single issue with anything.

Are you upgrading from Win9x, 2k, or clean installing?

i wasn't criticising xps stability, just its bugs and unfinished state it was released in. it's only had on BIG crash on me since BETA 2, and that's impressive.

I've been using NT since 3.51. but so what. What has that got to do with anything.

All installations are clean installations. The mothboard company company has set me a beta BIOS 2today after emailing them yesterday, and they discovered that it was something to do with the BIOS, so at least next time i install it (when i buy it), i wont have to change graphics cards

i get that stupid blank folder that covers most of the screen cept for a small portion at the top sometimes too. and has anybody ever had explorer freeze so that you would have to control alt delete it then rerun it again after emptying the recycle bin?

i mean if i right click the recycle bin and highlight empty recycle bin and click it.....then press enter real fast...i mean almost before the confirmation window even comes up..maybe it will appear for a quick milisecond because i dont feel like having to wait for it to come up so i just press enter almost before it does so it can just go away real fast...cept when i do that the explorer freezes.....and i have to manually end process on it and reload it...didnt use to do that in 2k or 98/ME.