Adam Scott Replaces John Cusack in

The gang?s all back for Hot Tub Time Machine 2, with one major exception. John Cusack will not reprise his role in the eventual sequel to the 2010 film. Instead the other lead in the film will likely be Adam Scott, star of Party Down, Parks and Recreation and the upcoming A.C.O.D. He?ll join returning cast members Rob Corddry, Craig Robinson and Clark Duke for another journey through time in the hot tub along with director Steve Pink.

Scott won?t be playing the same role as Cusack did in the original film though. He?ll be playing a completely different person.

The Wrap broke the news of the likely casting. No definite deals have been set, but all are likely to jump in.

The original film took four friends on a journey back into the Eighties where they became their younger selves. Filming could start on the sequel as early as this summer with an as-yet-to-be revealed plot. (Though I do remember hearing rumblings the film could potentially lampoon the Nineties this time around.)

http://www.slashfilm.com/adam-scott-replaces-john-cusack-in-hot-tub-time-machine-2/

• 5 weeks later...

8974240700_f36670289e_b.jpg

Community's Gillian Jacobs has landed the female lead in MGM?s Hot Tub Time Machine 2, the Steve Pink-directed sequel that stars Rob Corddry, Craig Robinson, Clark Duke, Adam Scott and Chevy Chase. Jacobs has Walk Of Shame in the can, which she stars in opposite Elizabeth Banks and James Marsden, with Film District releasing September 20, 2013. Jacobs will also be seen this fall in the Jacob Vaughan-directed comedy Milo opposite Ken Marino and Peter Stormare, following its SXSW premiere. She also has the Thomas Beatty-directed Teddy Bears opposite Jason Ritter and Melanie Lynskey.

Jacobs returns for the fifth season of NBC?s Community, for which she got a 2012 nom from the Broadcast Television Journalists Association for Best Supporting Actress. Jacobs separately wrapped Life Partners opposite Leighton Meester and Adam Brody, and the Richard Gray-directed The Lookalike opposite Jerry O?Connell, Justin Long and Gina Gershon.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/communitys-gillian-jacobs-soaks-up-female-lead-in-hot-tub-time-machine-2/

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Wait WTF.... it says February 20th on his damn ball but the trailer says THIS XMAS!!?!?! OMG I'm getting so damn tired of these companies pushing movies off and making me wait longer.

Ok I'm done venting....carry on.

• 1 month later...

I'm not convinced after seeing the trailer but I really enjoyed the first, so I'll definitely see the second (even in the cinema if the aggregate reviews are good enough).

Strange that such a basic movie has had so many delays, I mean the production stills go back to 2013.  Still adam scott is awesome, screw you Cussack, ill see this just with low low expectations.

Strange that such a basic movie has had so many delays, I mean the production stills go back to 2013.  Still adam scott is awesome, screw you Cussack, ill see this just with low low expectations.

Whilst I really like Cusack as an actor, I think I will prefer Adam Scott in a movie like this :yes:

• 3 weeks later...