Showtime

showtime-s-the-borgias-may-be-wrapped-up-in-two-hour-movie-if-not-renewed-for-season-4.jpg

After three seasons, Neil Jordan drama The Borgias may not get a chance to return to television as a regular series. Airing on Showtime, the papal drama has been waiting for the word on whether or not they have the go-ahead for a season four, but the word at the moment is that the the likeliness of this occurring is slim to none. Jordan is instead considering wrapping up the series with a two-hour movie.

The Borgias producers had originally envisions actor Jermey Irons for the role of Pope Alexander VI, but even without their first choice in a lead actor, Borgias has held its own in the ratings. During a recent launch campaign for season three, Jordan admitted that he would rather finish the series with a movie than another season. ?I would like to finish it with a two-hour movie,? he told the British press. ?Another 10 episodes is kind of exhausting. I?ve mapped out a movie, which, if (Showtime brass) agree, will shoot in June with the same cast, and finally the Pope will die horribly.?

Whatever the network chooses, it is almost certain that Borgias fans will get some closure on the series. Showtime entertainment president David Nevins has a strong belief in giving series? the endings they deserve. ?It?s really important to me that our audience feels taken care of,? said Nevins back in January.

Would you rather see The Borgias renewed for a fourth season or ended with a two-hour movie?

Source: http://www.tvrage.com/news/6528/showtime-s-the-borgias-may-be-wrapped-up-in-two-hour-movie-if-not-renewed-for-season-4

I was wondering for sometime now if i should watch the show or not and always put it on hold because i have too many shows to watch as it is :)