"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" starts production, Cast revealed

wHwkr.jpg

NEW ORLEANS ? Twentieth Century Fox announced that principal photography is underway on Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species.

Andy Serkis, celebrated for his performance in the last film, reprises his role as Caesar. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes also stars Jason Clarke (Zero Dark Thirty, Public Enemies, The Great Gatsby), Gary Oldman (The Dark Knight Rises, The Harry Potter film series), Keri Russell (The Americans, Mission Impossible III), Toby Kebbell (The Prince of Persia, Wrath of the Titans, Rock N Rolla), Kodi Smit-McPhee (Let Me In, ParaNorman), Enrique Murciano (Traffic, Black Hawk Down), Kirk Acevedo (The Thin Red Line) and Judy Greer (The Descendants, Three Kings, 13 Going on 30).

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is directed by Matt Reeves (Cloverfield, Let Me In). The producers are Peter Chernin, Dylan Clark (Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Oblivion), Rick Jaffa & Amanda Silver (Rise of the Planet of the Apes). Tom Hammel (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) is executive producing.

Oscar?-winning visual effects house WETA Digital ? employing a new generation of the cutting edge performance capture technologies developed for Rise of the Apes and Avatar ? will again render photo-realistic, emotionally-engaging apes. The film?s key behind-the-scenes team includes director of photography Michael Seresin, production designer James Chinland, and VFX Supervisors Joe Letteri and Dan Lemmon, VFX producers Ryan Stafford, editor Bill Hoy and Stan Salfas, and costume designer Melissa Brunning.

Twentieth Century Fox will release Dawn of the Planet of the Apes worldwide on Memorial Day weekend, May 23, 2014. Rise of the Planet of the Apes opened theatrically during the summer of 2011, grossed nearly half a billion dollars worldwide.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=79145

• Like 2

I think I said this in this movie's rumor thread. I don't understand what else there is to tell about this story. The originals explain the ultimate outcome of the story, and "Rise" explained how it all started. It even explained, indirectly, how the apes were able to take over. What can this new movie possibly add to the franchise? There are no other avenues to explore.

I think I said this in this movie's rumor thread. I don't understand what else there is to tell about this story. The originals explain the ultimate outcome of the story, and "Rise" explained how it all started. It even explained, indirectly, how the apes were able to take over. What can this new movie possibly add to the franchise? There are no other avenues to explore.

It adds to it because the last movie and this movie are not reboots but more so an alternate universe kind of thing. The last movie is loosely related to the franchise.

It adds to it because the last movie and this movie are not reboots but more so an alternate universe kind of thing. The last movie is loosely related to the franchise.

"Rise" is directly related to the originals, because it's a prequel. Where was it said that it's not related and that it's an alternate reality? (to clarify my other post, I wasn't talking about the crappy film Marky Mark was in. I meant, the true originals).

Let's see... We get to see apes kick the **** out of humans, and it makes money. There's plenty left to explore.

I just don't like that they're skipping so much time between the last one and this. I want to see the fall of humanity.

Haha, don't say that.. Otherwise we'll get a prequel to this prequel :p

On-Topic: I'm looking forward to this movie. Loved the "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" so I have high hopes for this one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Let's see.

Population of Humans - 7,000,000,000

Estimated Chimpanzee Population - 200,000

Estimated Orangutan Population - 60,000

Estimated Gorilla Population - 130,000

Each "ape" would have to kill approximately 17,948.7 people to defeat humanity. Even if they mastered firearms. We'd roll in with the tanks and armoured vehicles, or Aircraft. I'm sure we wouldn't be above Nuclear weapons if we were on the verge of extinction.

Except as it was shown in the previous film, a virus has all but wiped out humanity.

Did it? I completely missed that part.

Yeah, I think it was either a post credits scene showing something, or directly before the credits. One of the lead scientists that was infected by Franklin if I remember correctly is in an airport (in Paris I think) and his nose starts bleeding. Then it shows the virus spreading via airline routes around the world.

That also happened at the end of 28 Weeks Later, lol. He's right though:

A mid-credit scene reveals that Hunsiker, who had been infected with the virus by the now-deceased Franklin, is a pilot. As he walks into the airport, a timetable is zoomed into a flight to New York, with a graphic showing air routes connecting to Paris and from there to other cities around the world, implying the spread of a global pandemic. In which many, many people died.

Source: Planet of the Apes Wiki

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...