Psychic Who Said Amanda Was Dead, Silent After Berry Is Found Alive

I believe in the possibility of psyches, however, believe 99% are not legit.

I guess he's not doing bad if the only thing to go against him is getting said common name correct.

Like I said earlier. I am not trying to convince anyone, I'm just giving my experience, and one which I was skeptical about, and am convinced was real.

So, did he predict your future? Or did he only tell you about your present? If I recall correctly you sadly didn't audio record anything, only wrote down; and thus, my guess is that he fished the information out of you. Were you very verbal at this meeting or very, very quiet?

(edit: did a very quick look at your original post - yeah, he skipped the whole future thing; and talked somewhat about your past but more so about the past of some other people ...with all due respect, sounds like cold reading)

Until this guy gets a million dollars by proving his capabilities I'll keep my jizz in my pants.

...... ;)

And again, with all due respect, you guys now know my stance on this - despite I would love to believe, and frankly mediums/psychics are good entertainment.

Here's how Derren Brown would scam people:

I guess he's not doing bad if the only thing to go against him is getting said common name correct.

Like I said earlier. I am not trying to convince anyone, I'm just giving my experience, and one which I was skeptical about, and am convinced was real.

You have to ask yourself why someone with powers like you're claiming isn't out solving crimes or collecting prize monies offered by sceptics.

You said:

There is a guy here in Brisbane who is known across the country as being very good. I was skeptical, so I waited the year to get into see him.

I've never heard of him. Who said he is well known? Him?

You mightn't be trying to "convince anyone", but you've made a pretty bold claim about this person's abilities, but offered zero evidence to corroborate it. Please don't get into discussions about the supernatural/paranormal with sceptics and then attempt to diffuse criticism by saying " I'm not trying to convince you". It's rather frustrating.

So, did he predict your future? Or did he only tell you about your present? If I recall correctly you sadly didn't audio record anything, only wrote down; and thus, my guess is that he fished the information out of you. Were you very verbal at this meeting or very, very quiet?

(edit: did a very quick look at your original post - yeah, he skipped the whole future thing; and talked somewhat about your past but more so about the past of some other people ...with all due respect, sounds like cold reading)

Until this guy gets a million dollars by proving his capabilities I'll keep my jizz in my pants.

...... ;)

And again, with all due respect, you guys now know my stance on this - despite I would love to believe, and frankly mediums/psychics are good entertainment.

Here's how Derren Brown would scam people:

He didn't ask me questions. He just told me things. The questions he did ask were already containing the information. See my first post. He asked at one point, who is the father figure named Murray?

It couldn't be a wild guess that he had an Allan or Elsie who died of a stroke, I didn't even know this. Coincidence maybe? The location my father was killed. What he was carrying in the truck. Where my father was from.

It wasn't until this experience did I believe anything. And like said, I thought the same way as all the skeptics in here. This experience changed that.

You have to ask yourself why someone with powers like you're claiming isn't out solving crimes or collecting prize monies offered by sceptics.

You said:

I've never heard of him. Who said he is well known? Him?

You mightn't be trying to "convince anyone", but you've made a pretty bold claim about this person's abilities, but offered zero evidence to corroborate it. Please don't get into discussions about the supernatural/paranormal with sceptics and then attempt to diffuse criticism by saying " I'm not trying to convince you". It's rather frustrating.

How on earth did I not provide any evidence. My experience is all I have to go on. If you don't believe it, that is entirely your prerogative.

How on earth did I not provide any evidence. My experience is all I have to go on. If you don't believe it, that is entirely your prerogative.

Frankly, I don't.

If I am expected to believe in psychics based on the testimony of someone online with zero evidence or believe there is a far more rational explanation (e.g. you're lying, exaggerating, incorrectly remembering (especially because much of the content is emotional/personal, the psychic sorted info about you before you session (the internet has made it super easy for the modern fraud.)) etc. I choose the latter.

A testimonial is not evidence for this claim, Its absolutely worthless and goes on the big steaming pile of claims of alien abduction ghosts etc..

I was listening to the radio one time when they brought a supposed psychic on to help one of the hosts find his lost camera with pictures of his child on it that they have given up on finding thinking it was stolen. She's not one that uses it to make money or advertise herself. She didn't even want to be on the show but reluctantly agreed because the pictures were so important to him. They other hosts were mocking her but she helped him find the camera in the attic of his house and he just keep thanking her.

Still don't believe in this stuff but would be interesting to see someone like her actually let herself be studied just to make sure.

Or it was an obnoxious stunt by the radio station. By comparison to some they do now, it would admittedly be a tame one.

Or it was an obnoxious stunt by the radio station. By comparison to some they do now, it would admittedly be a tame one.

Yeah probably but they really made it sound genuine. It seemed like it was setup just to mock psychics and show what a joke they were until the end when the camera was found.

The ones who claim to be psychic on matters involving serious stuff and supposedly talk to dead people are horrible. They just prey on people.

He didn't ask me questions. He just told me things. The questions he did ask were already containing the information. See my first post. He asked at one point, who is the father figure named Murray?

It couldn't be a wild guess that he had an Allan or Elsie who died of a stroke, I didn't even know this. Coincidence maybe? The location my father was killed. What he was carrying in the truck. Where my father was from.

It wasn't until this experience did I believe anything. And like said, I thought the same way as all the skeptics in here. This experience changed that.

You never answered the question: Was this free? If not, how did you pay? Did you have to 'register' or 'apply' to go? Did you use your name (surname) to do this?

Sorry Nashy, i'm not trying to ruin the experience you had but i'm in agreement with most people here in that these psychics are tricksters. You yourself said you had to wait for over a year before you could see him.

A year is a long time research you, gather info that'll make you believe in them.

Also, you had to buy tickets yes? Did you use a credit card? PayPal? Cheque? All of which have your full name on plus varying bit's of information.

The fact is these people are tricksters and bloody good at it. I done a lot of reading up on cold reading and what things to research and it's absolutely amazing what these people have learnt to do and they should be celebrated for that at least. In the same way Derren Brown is for what he does.

So basically what you said is: "I know better than the rest, because my computer and keyboard is diffrent than theirs and I have bible quotes in my signature, so obviusly I know about suffering and what's really fake and real on this entire planet that existed only for 6000 years". Or did I read your argument wrong :rolleyes: ?

I have suffered in my life sure, no doubt about it. I haven't had to go through what her parents did. However, when you give answers to someone's problem and it's appropriate that is one thing. I just hear the same thing over and over again and that answer would have not solved the problem and it's not appropriate.

This has nothing to do with Religion it has to do with people that can't understand what the real world is like so they have to give an answer that is not appropriate and is very unrealistic.

The same can be said about people who hide behind a poorly written story book and claim their invisible sky friend can fix everything.

I am not hiding behind the Bible and it has nothing to do with this thread. I guess when you can't give an appropriate answer, then you have to turn to attack the Bible because otherwise you have nothing. It shows that you have nothing and you have brought nothing to this conversation.

That's rich coming from you, you can't claim to be any different then anyone else on this forum. You dont know about anyone else's life experiences and do not have the authority to speak on behalf of anyone other then yourself.

Well, Arrogance and people trying to fit pieces of their "agenda" into places where it doesn't fit is very obvious. It's the same thing and the same response from same people with the same agenda. Nothing of value is gained from this agenda.

Frankly, I don't.

If I am expected to believe in psychics based on the testimony of someone online with zero evidence or believe there is a far more rational explanation (e.g. you're lying, exaggerating, incorrectly remembering (especially because much of the content is emotional/personal, the psychic sorted info about you before you session (the internet has made it super easy for the modern fraud.)) etc. I choose the latter.

A testimonial is not evidence for this claim, Its absolutely worthless and goes on the big steaming pile of claims of alien abduction ghosts etc..

like I said, I'm not trying to convince anyone, simply stating what happened to me. I really don't care if you think im lying, I know I'm not.

Well, Arrogance and people trying to fit pieces of their "agenda" into places where it doesn't fit is very obvious. It's the same thing and the same response from same people with the same agenda. Nothing of value is gained from this agenda.

Again that's rich coming from you, the person who throws bible verses around as if they are some black magic that you think will have some affect on others, that too would be an agenda, of yours. What I just quoted you saying is no different then who you act on these very forums. In many of the debates/arguments that many of us have had with you, you go around saying the same thing with the same agenda. You too have provided nothing of value to these forums and yet you are here now whining about others while you do the exact same thing you are whining about.

You act like being rational and using your brain is the solution to everything

We are the advanced society we are today because we used our brains and rational thinking. So yes rational thinking and using our brains is a far better solution then turning it off and being dumb to the world around us.

like I said, I'm not trying to convince anyone, simply stating what happened to me. I really don't care if you think im lying, I know I'm not.

Sadly, the unbelievers will never believe until they have a similar experience.

bible promise the faithful of psychic powers: divine healng, prophetic visions, etc ... etc...

but i never seen such powers being practices by church goers at least not in my area.

theres some who tries uttering the prophetic revelations, but its turn out to be fakes.

I've seen threads like this elsewhere. Did people actually expect her to throw up her arms and admit she's a fraud when one of her predictions didn't turn true?

and those that do believe will hang on to the tiniest scrap of evidence or the tiniest experience with the whitest of knuckles.

That's what's good about humans though, our ability to choose what to believe or not. I'm not trying to rubbish any one else's experiences but i personally think psychics are a crock but very good at what they do (some of them).

This has nothing to do with Religion it has to do with people that can't understand what the real world is like so they have to give an answer that is not appropriate and is very unrealistic.

The delicious irony is that this sentance sums up exactly what religion is. Psychics are simply a different form of the same type of delusion. Comforting lies for people that can't handle reality.

What arrogance? It speaks to a certain degree of callousness on your part that delusional stupidity caused someone to lose their life and you're still bellyaching about us not respecting your stupid beliefs instead of criticising the morons that peddle this kind of insanity and cause harm in the process.

like I said, I'm not trying to convince anyone,

The fact you keep pushing this point is enough to make anyone suspicious.

Actually, I have had weird experiences that to this day I can't explain. I just don't jump to the conclusion they are supernatural or unexplainable.

• Like 2

The delicious irony is that this sentance sums up exactly what religion is. Psychics are simply a different form of the same type of delusion. Comforting lies for people that can't handle reality.

Basically, what you offered was far worse. You can call religion a lie, but that still doesn't address her problem and your so called "rationality" offers nothing at all of value. In the end if you died, nothing of value is lost to the world, maybe even peace is gained from your loss and that is saying something.

What arrogance? It speaks to a certain degree of callousness on your part that delusional stupidity caused someone to lose their life and you're still bellyaching about us not respecting your stupid beliefs instead of criticising the morons that peddle this kind of insanity and cause harm in the process.

I wasn't defending Mrs Browne, I actually think she is a fraud. I was stating facts about your agenda. Most of the problems with humans are humans themselves, they cause most of the suffering. Those guys caused the suffering of those girls, that was their choice and they will pay for it in this world and in the next.

However, you use this and many other horrible things to push your own agenda. I wasn't talking about God or Religion here. Every time I see you post it's always about an agenda. It's the same old tired garbage over and over again. You can't seem to let it go, no matter what the subject is, you are always working your angle. I called you on it and you get upset. It is, what it is.

bible promise the faithful of psychic powers: divine healng, prophetic visions, etc ... etc...

but i never seen such powers being practices by church goers at least not in my area.

theres some who tries uttering the prophetic revelations, but its turn out to be fakes.

You must be reading the wrong Bible. It actually goes the opposite and says stay away from that stuff.

There are a lot of people just making stuff up in this forum.

Again that's rich coming from you, the person who throws bible verses around as if they are some black magic that you think will have some affect on others, that too would be an agenda, of yours. What I just quoted you saying is no different then who you act on these very forums. In many of the debates/arguments that many of us have had with you, you go around saying the same thing with the same agenda. You too have provided nothing of value to these forums and yet you are here now whining about others while you do the exact same thing you are whining about.

We are the advanced society we are today because we used our brains and rational thinking. So yes rational thinking and using our brains is a far better solution then turning it off and being dumb to the world around us.

I am not saying that you should never use your brain or be rational. I am saying that people overuse it as some excuse. If you over-think things that can be just as bad as not using your brain at all.

Being rational isn't something you can just turn on, your emotions go against that very part in your brain. Your brain isn't a computer, it is way more complex than that and you have emotions and other things that go into you making decisions.

People are still the same no matter if it is 4000 years ago or today, the brain is still the same. Sure we might have technology to help us and we can communicate much faster, but people are still people.

You act like oh well its the 21st century and everyone is now a commander Data (from STNG), that isn't realistic.