Psychic Who Said Amanda Was Dead, Silent After Berry Is Found Alive

2xSilverKnight    179

Be open-minded, but not so open-minded that your brains fall out.

That quote is true. But you're not.

And pleaseeee ... new age ? really ... It's easy to label anything new age to discredit someone :rolleyes: There is nothing new about it all anyway

astropheed    2,335

It's easy to label anything new age to discredit someone

I'm going to go ahead and agree with this completely.

COKid    875

tumblr_maxhqkbIpW1qfnf6eo1_400.jpg

People are sooo closed minded here. It's unbelievable.

YES she is a fraud. So that means she is not a psychic. Only a very small number are the real deal.

Let me tell you, you will know when you meet one.

Sort of like believing in Santa Claus, right? You'll know the real one when you meet him. :laugh:

It is not closed-minded to require verifiable proof of something before accepting it as fact.

Let me guess, you watch Ghost Hunters on Syfy on a regular basis?

Nashy    1,662

Presumably, if your father was "killed" (my condolences), as opposed to dying of natural causes, there is some sort of public record of his death (newspapers, internet.). Did you supply him with any information prior to the reading? (even your name on a application form.)

Anyway, if what he told you made you happy, then good for you. You are one of the lucky ones.

Was my "giant plastic pineapple" reading spot on?

He knew me as "Bailey". My middle name.

Yeah mate, Gympie, QLD.

I don't think you're is a fair comparison to what I experienced though.

astropheed    2,335

It is not closed-minded to require verifiable proof of something before accepting it as fact.

That sounds like devil talk to me boy!

waterboy3.jpg

Pupik    452

I think Nashy either works for that "psychic" or he's really gullible. Had too good of a story, without any way to prove it.

+Raze    17,705

Wait a minute...hold on...I'm getting a message...yes...yes...wow...a member of Neowin posting in this thread will have a........

And now a message from our sponsor!

Zjr5aF5.jpg

Yogurtmaster    210

If you turn to this kind of stupidity to get your answers of course you're going to get burned. People just need to start using their brains and turn to answers that have some rational grounding.

Not defending anyone here. I think Mrs Browne just guesses and is wrong most of the time. I personally would not trust her at all. However, being rational and having the mom use her brain would not have solved this either.

You act like being rational and using your brain is the solution to everything, yet it wouldn't have helped even if that were possible. When your daughter is missing you aren't going to think clearly and think rational.

Now, when you come out of your shell and stop living a sheltered life, maybe you will understand that.

Shiranui    1,920

Yeah mate, Gympie, QLD.

Yay! I'm gonna email this thread to the Amazing Randi and get my prize.

Anyway, as long as this guy didn't try to tell you that his was in communication with your late father, then I guess it is harmless fun.

Yogurtmaster    210

Typical new-age non-rebuttal, which I will counter with this clich?.

Be open-minded, but not so open-minded that your brains fall out.

Most people on this forum have no idea what open minded means. It's like the James Randi Foundation, we will pay you blah blah blah amount of money to do something paranormal. Even if someone did, they would not receive the money. They would ask to prove it and then if you give them proof you still would not receive the money, it's a scam for free thought (there is always an agenda).

People believe what they want to believe and have no idea what having an open mind is all about. They will throw crap on a wall even if it doesn't fit to prove their point. I have been down this road before and it's filled with the sewage of human thought that isn't rational or logical because of pride and other issues.

I never have like Browne because she is an outright fraud though.

Shiranui    1,920

You act like being rational and using your brain is the solution to everything

• Like 2
Yogurtmaster    210

Well, it's not. It would have done nothing to help the girls own situation. It's not just some magical solution that provides every answer known to life. The mom would not have been rational anyway. Tired of hearing overrated answers that are not answers.

My point is that people on here think they have all the answers, but they don't. They just sit at their keyboards on their laptops and have no idea what "real life" is, that is my point to all of this and offering something like "rational thought would have saved the day" is just stupid.

Apparently many people used rational thought and used their brains and the girl wasn't found until now. Whoops, didn't save the day did it? A non answer is just that.

• Like 1
Pupik    452

Well, it's not. It would have done nothing to help the girls own situation. It's not just some magical solution that provides every answer known to life. The mom would not have been rational anyway. Tired of hearing overrated answers that are not answers.

My point is that people on here think they have all the answers, but they don't. They just sit at their keyboards on their laptops and have no idea what "real life" is, that is my point to all of this and offering something like "rational thought would have saved the day" is just stupid.

Apparently many people used rational thought and used their brains and the girl wasn't found until now. Whoops, didn't save the day did it? A non answer is just that.

Rational thinking did save the day, as Amanda didn't kill herself in captivity. On the other side, a woman died as a result of losing her will of living, because another woman's opinion. A woman that thought she was so smart, that she could predict the future.

FloatingFatMan    21,361

People are sooo closed minded here. It's unbelievable.

YES she is a fraud. So that means she is not a psychic. Only a very small number are the real deal.

Let me tell you, you will know when you meet one.

If psychics are real, why aren't they winning the lottery every week?

• Like 2
Pupik    452

• Like 2
FloatingFatMan    21,361

I can't watch youtube from work, what is it?

Pupik    452

I can't watch youtube from work, what is it?

A psychic getting slapped, because his future prediction was off a bit. I bet all he saw for that day, was water.

Yogurtmaster    210

Rational thinking did save the day, as Amanda didn't kill herself in captivity. On the other side, a woman died as a result of losing her will of living, because another woman's opinion. A woman that thought she was so smart, that she could predict the future.

More like survival thinking. Rational thought is hard when something traumatic is happening to you. Silva Browne is a fraud. Too many people on this forum don't get actual life. They hide behind their computers thinking they are intelligent, but most have never even been confronted with real life situations and it's painfully obvious.

Pupik    452

More like survival thinking. Rational thought is hard when something traumatic is happening to you. Silva Browne is a fraud. Too many people on this forum don't get actual life. They hide behind their computers thinking they are intelligent, but most have never even been confronted with real life situations and it's painfully obvious.

So basically what you said is: "I know better than the rest, because my computer and keyboard is diffrent than theirs and I have bible quotes in my signature, so obviusly I know about suffering and what's really fake and real on this entire planet that existed only for 6000 years". Or did I read your argument wrong :rolleyes: ?

• Like 1
FloatingFatMan    21,361

Too many people on this forum don't get actual life. They hide behind their computers thinking they are intelligent, but most have never even been confronted with real life situations and it's painfully obvious.

The same can be said about people who hide behind a poorly written story book and claim their invisible sky friend can fix everything.

eXtermia    19

Was my "giant plastic pineapple" reading spot on?

I have never seen a giant plastic pineapple, where do I go to see one (not an image on google or so). Sure i could probably google or search where. Just saying I never saw one.

mudslag    11,004

That's rich coming from you, you can't claim to be any different then anyone else on this forum. You dont know about anyone else's life experiences and do not have the authority to speak on behalf of anyone other then yourself.

• Like 2
compl3x    6,290

Your complete ignorance is showing.

You clearly have studied nothing.

Studied what? I used to be into reading about the paranormal, UFOs, psychics, etc. I stubbornly believed in all that stuff for awhile, but when I made an honest attempt to be objective and read the rebuttals sceptics offered the bull**** melted away.

I don't feel like the world is any less interesting or awesome. I am glad I no longer waste time on that stuff.

I wrote it all down. The only thing he hasn't got right is that I would be working for someone called Steve.

Technically I do, as my state manager's name is Steve.

Anyway, you can say what you like, I'm not here to try an convince anyone that it's real. But my experience was spot on, and that's correct for the other two people I know who have been to him. I'm not talking about vague responses either.

I'm talking about the exact way my father was killed, the correct town, and the connection to other towns he lived.

What!? You'd work for someone with an incredibly common name!? I am blown away!

Here's something to think about: How come you never see a headline like 'Psychic Wins Lottery'?

Jay Leno

The Evil Overlord    18,442

I guess she didn't see that coming....

• Like 1
Nashy    1,662

Studied what? I used to be into reading about the paranormal, UFOs, psychics, etc. I stubbornly believed in all that stuff for awhile, but when I made an honest attempt to be objective and read the rebuttals sceptics offered the bull**** melted away.

I don't feel like the world is any less interesting or awesome. I am glad I no longer waste time on that stuff.

What!? You'd work for someone with an incredibly common name!? I am blown away!

Here's something to think about: How come you never see a headline like 'Psychic Wins Lottery'?

Jay Leno

I guess he's not doing bad if the only thing to go against him is getting said common name correct.

Like I said earlier. I am not trying to convince anyone, I'm just giving my experience, and one which I was skeptical about, and am convinced was real.