Marvel Reportedly Has Scripts For Blade Reboot, Captain Marvel Film

Although studio President Kevin Feige indicated Marvel is in no rush to put recently returned properties like Daredevil, Blade, Ghost Rider and the Punisher into development, a new report may suggest otherwise.

In its story about Robert Downey Jr.?s contract negotiations, The Hollywood Reporter contends Marvel already has a script for a Blade reboot ? the rights reverted two years ago ? as well as a Ms. Marvel (aka Captain Marvel) feature, both products of the studio?s writing program. More pressing, perhaps, are previously discussed projects featuring Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, the Black Panther and the Runaways. The latter, an adaptation of the comic created by Brian K. Vaughan and Adrian Alphona, actually made it as far as casting before Marvel abruptly pulled the plug in late 2010.

Now, just because there?s a Blade script doesn?t mean the project will move into production any time soon. Beyond the mere calendar constraints ? the studio?s dance card is already filled through 2015, with additional releases penciled in afterward ? Marvel?s writing program has served as a concept generator, producing sometimes well-regarded scripts (a Black Widow solo film, for example) that never go forward. So sometimes a script is just a script.

Blade last appeared on the big screen in 2004?s Blade: Trinity, the lackluster final installment of the New Line Cinema franchise that reignited Hollywood?s passion for comic-book movies. Captain Marvel was recently rumored as a possible addition to the lineup of The Avengers sequel.

Source: Spinoff Online

I hope they do manage to do a Blade reboot.

Would you bring back Wesley Snipes? I'd like to see him back in the role but apparently he was very rude and unhelpful in the last instalment, with attitudes bordering on racist against his white co-stars.

http://www.efilmcritic.com/feature.php?feature=1451

Would you bring back Wesley Snipes?

No. I'd start anew. Nothing against Snipes, and I like his Blade movies well enough. But to me a reboot means starting over.

Yeah, if they put Wesley Snipes back in then it wouldn't really be a reboot. Though a Captain Marvel film would be cool because she would be a great addition to the Avengers movies. Though, to be honest, I'd much rather see a movie about DC Comic's Captain Marvel, also known as Shazam.

I'd also love to see a reboot of Daredevil and the Punisher.

NO, the trend of reboots needs to stop. Something new comes along and does well it eventually dies off when people forget about it. Then its redone again. How about some fresh new ideas instead of rehashes and reboots?

Nooooooo. why remake blade? The first blade was classic! Leave it alone!

+ 1000

But Marvel is Marvel. They would reboot and sequel their own mom for some money.

One day or another Marvel will hurt itself with so many sequels and reboots. I like their movies but too much is like not enough. It's sad the industry did not learn the Jaws 4, Back to the future 3 and Friday the 13th 10 lesson ...