The thing that really gets me is this here: Lobato said it was so bad that, "It felt like someone was kicking me in my stomach."

He went on to say that his supervisor?s response to his illness was less than sympathetic, reporting, "He told me I wasn't allowed to leave my machinery again."

Now, before I am flamed hear me out. Something like this happened with my wife, and she is a RN. She kept having upper abdominal pain, and real bad heartburn. She blew it off as usual, and went to work normally. She told her immediate supervisor that she felt like she was going to faint, and that woman had the gall to tell her she would live, and to go back to work, so she did. When she got home that night, she was hurting so bad that I took her back to the ER. Come to find out, her gall bladder was full of stones and had to come out. The doctor took her of work for a week, and when she finally got everything taken care of, when she went back to work, they told her they did not need her services anymore. This is the way this country is coming, your not a person, and if you die on the job your fired.

The thing that really gets me is this here: Lobato said it was so bad that, "It felt like someone was kicking me in my stomach."

He went on to say that his supervisor?s response to his illness was less than sympathetic, reporting, "He told me I wasn't allowed to leave my machinery again."

Now, before I am flamed hear me out. Something like this happened with my wife, and she is a RN. She kept having upper abdominal pain, and real bad heartburn. She blew it off as usual, and went to work normally. She told her immediate supervisor that she felt like she was going to faint, and that woman had the gall to tell her she would live, and to go back to work, so she did. When she got home that night, she was hurting so bad that I took her back to the ER. Come to find out, her gall bladder was full of stones and had to come out. The doctor took her of work for a week, and when she finally got everything taken care of, when she went back to work, they told her they did not need her services anymore. This is the way this country is coming, your not a person, and if you die on the job your fired.

Gall stones are a far cry from death. Surgery has its risks, and gall bladder attacks due to gall stones, are probably some of the worst pain a person can go through, but nowhere near death.

Sorry but, the FB TOS means bullcrap to your employer. and even if you set it to private, you're still posting it publicly online. and if other people can see it, your employer can see, it if not directly indirectly. If you have a private FB with just your 2-3 best friends sure, but you're still doing it at your own risk, posting it on a public internet forum.

use your head or lose your job. simple. just like you don't tell your next employer at the interview why you quit or got fired from your last job if you want the job.

The FB TOS is a legal contract that you agree to when you sign up to Facebook. I don't really care whether my employer agrees with the TOS or not, if I have made the data private they have no right to access it.

Gall stones are a far cry from death. Surgery has its risks, and gall bladder attacks due to gall stones, are probably some of the worst pain a person can go through, but nowhere near death.

Are you a doctor? They can cause jaundice and liver damage, and my wife was close to it. I will take their word over someone on a forum any day.

Are you a doctor? They can cause jaundice and liver damage, and my wife was close to it. I will take their word over someone on a forum any day.

I'm aware of what they can do, they cause your body to absorb less vitamin k. And it would be some rare instances where you could die from gall stones alone.

I would know, I had to live with the damn things for almost a year before they figured out I had Gall Stones, and before they did the surgery for it.

They wouldn't have done the surgery if my vitamin k levels were as low as they were a few weeks to a month before surgery..

http://www.umm.edu/p...se_000010_3.htm

there is actually a clause in my employment agreement that the company i work for that that says that i agree not to say thing negative about the company or any of its employees on any social networking site. Which i do not have a problem with at all. Then again I keep my facebook page rather locked down where my twitter feed is public.

I wouldn't agree to work for anyone that made that kind of demand of me. What I do in my own private space is nobody's business but my own.

there is actually a clause in my employment agreement that the company i work for that that says that i agree not to say thing negative about the company or any of its employees on any social networking site. Which i do not have a problem with at all. Then again I keep my facebook page rather locked down where my twitter feed is public.

Is it really that bad to work there that they have to have a clause in the contract about saying negative things in public about them?

Employers should have no right to pry into what we do in our private lives full stop. You wouldn't tolerate an employer putting a hidden mic in your home so why should we tolerate them snooping on our Facebook accounts? If this post was private and another employee had to show it to the employer, it means the employer was snooping on something they hadn't been given consent to access. The fact that it's the Internet doesn't automatically give companies elevated rights to snoop on your private affairs.

It was a fellow employee ( a friend, no less) who reported the post, and not the company snooping.