A Look At Disney's First Animated Marvel Movie 'Big Hero 6'

big-hero-6-bridge.jpg

Hero Complex have our very first glimpse at the first animated feature from Disney and Marvel, Big Hero 6. The series was created by Steven T. Seagle and Duncan Rouleau in 1998, and the animated adaptation will be directed by Don Hall (Winnie the Pooh) and due in 2014. The CG-animated movie will tell the story of a robotics prodigy named Hiro Hamada and his robot companion BayMax, who join a team of superheroes in a high-tech city called San Fransokyo.

Not sure what to think of it but that did look very nice and promising!

The only thing I enjoyed in that teaser, was the sound. Not a fan of the graphic style. And as I never heard of the comics, not expecting much from the story either.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Bolt director Chris Williams has now joined Don Hall (Winnie the Pooh) as co-director on Disney and Marvel's Big Hero Six

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Chris Williams has joined Walt Disney Animation Studios' Big Hero 6 as director, alongside Don Hall. Williams co-directed and co-wrote the Academy Award nominated Bolt, while previous writing credits include Mulan and Brother Bear. Roy Conli has also joined the project as producer. Big Hero Six is currently scheduled to be released on November 7th, 2014, and will be released in stereoscopic 3D. The site adds that, "The action comedy adventure follows robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada, who must save the city of San Francisco from a criminal plot with the help of a robot, Baymax; and Gogo, Honey Lemon, sushi chef Wasabi and fanboy Fred."

x

• 2 months later...

fJTtQ.jpg

The first voice actor for the first official big screen team-up between Disney and Marvel has been revealed. Rotoscopers (via Bleeding Cool) reports that T.J. Miller will play Fred in Big Hero 6, which is a Disney Animation adaptation of the Marvel comic of the same name. Miller subsequently confirmed the news on Twitter before deleting the tweet, so perhaps an official cast announcement is coming our way soon.

Source

• 1 month later...

Was that a teaser for the teaser they're releasing the next day... And I thought some of Sonys we have news about news news where bad...

It seems they are using the sound effects from the Avengers/Iron Man. lol. I know it's a Marvel movie, but yeah.. just wanted to point that out. 

• 2 weeks later...