Win8China: Windows 8.1 EEAP Build 9391 "Developer Preview" Released

If you doubt if there is a build 9391, it has made a first appearance in the metadata files in an build 9385 WinJS(Windows Java Script) update:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1148150-windows-81-build-9374-x86-leaked-to-internet/page__st__45__p__595675906#entry595675906

"Microsoft.WinJS.2.0.Preview" will show another build 9391: 1.0.9391.3.fbl_partner_out18.130426-2000

And the changed "This PC" window:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1148150-windows-81-build-9374-x86-leaked-to-internet/page__st__60__p__595681606#entry595681606

You can rename "My Computer" to anything you want, such as "Not My Computer." I suppose Microsoft is just changing the default branding, although, really, drop the article. Just call it "Computer" or "PC."

care to post a link

No link needed: it stats that it's build 6000, but when you follow the SP logic, it should be build 6003

http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=957414&kbln=en-us

According to a comment at the Softpedia article, Vista SP3 Gets First Hotfix, every hotfix released after (or not included with) the prior Service Pack, had a higher number in the release notes.

Apologies for derailing the topic.

Sorry went out, and thanks to Ian for answering. Actually I guess everybody is more interested in build 9391, hopefully it will leak.

The Windows 8.1 preview will be available on June 26(it's all in Windows Blog and Neowin News), and there was a question that came to my mind:

AFAIK, the win8.1 RTM could be downloaded free thru Store and upgrade your licensed win8, or you can purchase a stand-alone pack, OK, that's no problem.

But for the Preview, in win7 and previous windows versions, when there is a SP beta, I could download and install it on my existing OS, it remains an activated OS with the current key.

But what happens in the leaked win8.1 build was, you install it with a preview key, and it got a time-bomb(presently it is Jan. 15, 2014); so, if it's the same with the 6.26 win8.1 preview, if I "upgrade" my win8(which is activated permently), it actually became a time-bombed preview OS!!

I think there was a similar scenario, in win7 beta, people could upgrade his Vista by editing the cversion file, and activate with the win7beta key, I haven't tried that so no idea what had actually happened, but for the win8.1 preview, if it has a working Store, I would surely prefer to install it over my win8 to enjoy all the new features. So hopefully MS would clarify on this point.

So this build isn't what the public will get in June, correct? Wonder if you can update from this version to the one in june.

Interesting article, a detail insight into what could be expected in win8.1:

http://justinangel.net/Win81APIs

1.Bluetooth 4.0 RfComm and GATT support

2.Point of sale: Barcode scanners and Magnetic card readers

3.Smart Cards

4.Lock screen Image Apps

5.VPN support for Metro apps

6.Scanner APIs and apps

7.Support for any External / USB device

8.Native PDF rendering in apps

9.Multiple screens projection support in apps

10.XAML/WinJS: New resolution scaling support / Super-high resolution tablets

11.Camera: Low-lag cameras / HDR

12.New Metro App Types: Appointments, LockScreen, Contacts and GeoLoc

13.New App Type: GeoFenced activation

14.New App Type: Lock screen call

15.New App Type: Appointments Provider

16.Text-to-speech

17.Read-write access to Camera roll, Saved pictures and playlists

18.XAML/WinJS: new SearchBox control

19.XAML/WinJS: Hubs for SemanticZoom

20.XAML: DatePicker and TimePicker

21.XAML: Flyout, MenuFlyout and SettingsMenuFlyout

22.XAML: AppBar simplification

23.XAML: DataBinding Improvements

24.Globalization: Currencies, Numeral systems and Numerical formatters

25.Other minor but important Win8.1 features

26.How to code Win8.1 C# apps before public beta?

27.How to develop Win8.1 WinJS apps before public beta?

Very doubtful.

Agree, build 9391 doesn't have a working store to say the least, the public preview should be expected to sign-off around early June.

http://www.ithome.co...win8/45020.htm#

Google translate

Finally! Windows 8.1 940x Start button in the official return

IT's House ( www.ithome.com ): Finally! Windows 8.1 940x Start button in the official return

Objectively look Win8 , since it is Win7 next-generation systems, and naturally there are a lot of progress: such as system performance, boot speed, power, sleep, hibernate technical improvements, etc., which is very commendable. However, Windows 8 launch has been a lot of users, especially primary white users greatly criticized: too accustomed to, the interface is too monotonous, but less useful things become more useless things ......

Yes, the computer is a device, PC since called the PC, that note is prepared for all individuals, and not just fixed her eyes on the high-end users. From soft media in IT House ( www.ithome.com ), Win8 home ( http://www.win8china.com/ ) published an article in the comments of view, very Win8 accounts for a large proportion of the absolute, But ordinary people in the market allows dodging Win8 Windows7 ran away. Soft media readership mostly high-end users, mostly able to toss the computer yourself, but also adventurous latest version of Windows. But the rest of the family young and old, the computer is just a device, and tablet computers, mobile phones, TVs, as is a household appliances, must not let them feel confused, must fool.

That's a bit far away, in a nutshell is the operating system is the computer's soul, must ground gas, must get close to the people, must let one year old baby and 70-year-old started to use directly.

Well, to say we should praise Apple's iPhone and iPad design and landmark of the People First (this would be despised for Apple's home now), we are now entering Topic: Windows 8.1 is the latest internal version (Build 940x), started Button finally return it. Of course, click on the Start button, or enter the start screen, the button's return does not mean the return of the traditional Start menu.

I believe that the return of the Start button, make a lot of PC computer users cheers, of course, some high-end users do not mind already. There is a saying, that: too big strides, easily pulled the eggs. If not rough rough handling, relatively Windows 7 Microsoft Windows 8, the interface is too radical UI interactions. Excessive pursuit of simplicity, forgetting simple is relative, rather than absolute. Microsoft Windows 8 because the interface is too accommodating final touch devices, at the expense of the body constituted 99% of users of computer users.

The return of the Start button, in the end is regressive or progressive, vice versa does not matter, I believe that Microsoft provides the option to display and hide the Start button. The Start button and the same as before, the same effect as pressing after pressing the Win key on the keyboard.

Well, because of confidentiality issues, here is a screenshot without Windows 8.1 build 940x, but with Win8 optimized master Win8 Start button built into the software.

20130522_133047_249.jpg

Why Why Why Why?

Because, clever, Windows 8.1 version inside the Start button, and soft media figure above the original design Win8 start button (transparent version) is basically same look.

Note: ithome.com(win8china) has clearly said that the above screen-shot is NOT from build 940x, and is a enumerated shot of the start-button on a current win8, but according to them, the actual start-button looks basically the same as in the picture.

Note: ithome.com(win8china) has clearly said that the above screen-shot is NOT from build 940x, and is a enumerated shot of the start-button on a current win8, but according to them, the actual start-button looks basically the same as in the picture.

Thank you for keeping us up to date, FaiKee.

Still don't know if anything new is in these supposed 94xx builds.