Badger, Badger, Badger

Space isn't the issue as generally badgers coexist pretty well around people. The problem is that they've become a disease vector for bovine TB, canine distemper, and sundry viruses that can hit livestock and less often pets. That's a whole other issue.

Sounds like an excellent reason for the cull then.

Strange response given humans use the same method in infants to reduce the incidence of say measles

In the US, Canada and the UK the TB vaccine is seldom used in humans or cows for one reason: it makes tracking the disease nearly impossible as it causes false positives on TB tests. In humans the US only uses the vaccine in those deemed at high risk. AIUI the EU also bans it in cattle for the same reason. This inability to easily screen for & track the disease is not good given the development of highly antibiotic resistant strains, and recently a totally antibiotic immune strain was isolated in Italy. That's a tad close to be giving up the ability to easily screen & track it.

As to my previous comment, I thought you meant the use of prophylactic antibiotics in cattle, which encourages the development of even more resistant strains.

the proof against badgers is biased propoganda.

To what possible end? Do only persons who were bit by badgers get appointed to the game and disease management boards?

Sounds like an excellent reason for the cull then.

Only if it is based on whole facts and not guess work which it is at the moment

To what possible end? Do only persons who were bit by badgers get appointed to the game and disease management boards?

I have no idea as to motives all I know is the information that I have seen screened on Television indicates that this viewpoint is wholely based on hunches and farm owner heresay.Nothing I have seen indicates any true link between cattle disease and Badgers.

Ahhhh....it's that way 'cause the TV told you so, and if that's your primary source of info then of course it must be true regardless of what trained wildlife & farm managers and epidemiologists say! :rofl:

• Like 1

I have no idea as to motives all I know is the information that I have seen screened on Television indicates that this viewpoint is wholely based on hunches and farm owner heresay.Nothing I have seen indicates any true link between cattle disease and Badgers.

Try listening to actual scientists rather than TV presenters. One of those two are experts, guess which one.

These sources would be the same people that are quoted in said programs but much like the internet one has to read between the lines.Denegrating a persons judgement just because they gathers it from television does not make said judgement incorrect.

Nor does their presence on TV with letters after their name infer credibility. If that were true infomercials would win documentary awards. Often it just means they're just degreed animal-rights-at-all-costs activists.