CBS Cancels 'CSI: NY,' 'Vegas,' 'Rules of Engagement&#3

CBS has canceled long-running procedural CSI: NY, freshman Vegas and long-running pinch hitter Rules of Engagement.

The New York-set Crime Scene Investigation spinoff will not return for a 10th season, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Following a condensed 17-episode season (its shortest to date) the series edged CSI: Miami for the eleventh-hour pickup last season.

This year, the Friday series -- which remained a cash cow for its network and sister studio -- was a mixed bag on the typically low-rated night. Despite holding its own against fare including Grimm, Fringe and Supernatural, CBS opted not to move forward with the series. In a telling sign of the veteran drama's future, core cast members including Natalie Martinez and Hill Harper have already lined up new series regular roles in first position -- on USA Network's Covert Affairs and CBS' summer drama Under the Dome, respectively.

CSI: NY's departure leaves only the flagship series as the remaining show in the franchise after CBS dropped spinoff CSI: Miami last year. The future of the series had been in question after being left off CBS' massive renewal in March, when it renewed seven dramas. For its part, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation was renewed in March for a 14th season with Ted Danson and Elisabeth Shue set to return.

The cancellation comes after CBS has picked up two dramas -- Intelligence and Hostages -- for 2013-14.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cbs-cancels-csi-ny-vegas-520885

Well, that sucks. I really liked Rules of Engagement. On the other hand it's been 7 seasons and maybe it's time to watch something new :)

Actually I just saw that Golden Boy was canceled by CBS as well. :(

I thought it was a good show and had potential. I hate it when networks cancel new shows so fast.