Burn Notice to Air Its Final Season This Summer

USA announced today that its Emmy®-nominated original drama series and ratings juggernaut BURN NOTICE will air its seventh and final season beginning Thursday, June 6 at 9/8c. The hit series, from Fox Television Studios and creator Matt Nix, stars Jeffrey Donovan, Gabrielle Anwar, Bruce Campbell, Sharon Gless and Coby Bell, and will join an elite group this season as the network's third series to cross the 100 episode milestone.

"BURN NOTICE has had an incredible run over the last six years, and we could not be more proud of the extraordinary talent both in front of and behind the cameras who have collectively made this show into one of the most popular and lauded shows on TV today," said Chris McCumber, USA Network co-president. "From day one, BURN NOTICE's characters, storylines and mythology have consistently captivated a massive audience, and this final season will raise the stakes even higher, leading up to a spectacular series finale," said Jeff Wachtel, co-president of USA Network.

The adrenaline-charged seventh season of BURN NOTICE will keep hearts racing as viewers uncover the details of the mysterious deal that fans' favorite renegade spy, Michael Westen (Donovan) struck in the season six finale. Michael's past and present collide as he tries to rebuild relationships with his family and friends while pursuing a dangerous mission involving the CIA and a lethal network of operatives. Recurring guest stars this season include Jack Coleman ("Heroes"), Adrian Pasdar (POLITICAL ANIMALS) and Stephen Martines ("The Closer").

Over the years, BURN NOTICE has been honored with numerous industry accolades, including an Emmy® nomination and Gracie Award for supporting actress Sharon Gless, as well as an Edgar Allan Poe Award for showrunner Matt Nix. The BURN NOTICE: A New Day digital graphic novel won the AdAge Vanguard Award for the Most Innovative Broadcast Brand Extension in 2011. The series has also been praised for its impeccable stunt work and has garnered multiple Emmy® and Screen Actors Guild nominations. Greatly beloved by fans, BURN NOTICE was nominated for Favorite TV Obsession in 2011 and Favorite Cable TV Drama in 2013 at the People's Choice Awards.

A critical hit since its inception, the Los Angeles Times praised the series, saying it had "a smart, savvy edge that seems fresh" and the Chicago Tribune called it an "espionage gem" and pointed out "The characters always come first, and they are all very well realized." USA Today noted it "mixes drama with humor, often through dry narrative asides," and Entertainment Weekly called it a "can't-miss."

A breakout hit, BURN NOTICE premiered in 2007 as the #1 new scripted series in P18-49, P25-54, and total viewers P2+. In 2009, BURN NOTICE became the most watched scripted series ever on basic cable in P18-49, the first-ever series to break 3 million in the demo in a year. BURN NOTICE has been one of the top ten scripted series on cable every year it has been on the air and was a successful lead-in to hit series launches for ROYAL PAINS and SUITS. When BURN NOTICE aired Thursdays at 9pm last summer, it became the top performer in that timeslot on cable, outperforming FOX head-to-head in P25-54, P18-49, P18-34, and total viewers P2+.

Fans can catch up on season six of BURN NOTICE on VOD or via streaming at usanetwork.com starting on May 7. The mobile app Shadow Recruit challenges viewers to get inside Westen's mind, test their spy skills and become his "shadow." Plus, fans can explore the show's mythology through the award-winning graphic novels BURN NOTICE: A New Day and First Contact, which feature the hunt for those responsible for burning Westen.

BURN NOTICE was created, written and executive produced by Nix. Mikkel Bondesen, Alfredo Barrios, Craig O'Neill, Ben Watkins, and Terry Miller serve as executive producers. From Fox Television Studios, Fabrik Entertainment and Flying Glass of Milk Productions, the series films in Miami.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=104129

yeah, i love that show.

highly cheesy and unrealistic, but very cool and entertaining. really enjoyed it. hope the last season is amazing.

:wacko: bummed one of the few decent shows left on tv

I love that show as well but it was clear that this season will be the final one. I think they took the show just a bit too far.

I am happy that i will have another season to enjoy before it's being cancelled.

I'm okay with ending the show this season. It's a fun show, but the main plot line was wrapped up midway through last season. They could possibly create another multi-season arc, but Michael is a spy again, which doesn't seem to leave much room for Sam, Fiona, Jesse and Madeline. Burn Notice isn't just Michael Weston, nor would it be the same without the gang. Since the primary plot has been resolved, wrap it up.

Supernatural, which had an overarching plot like Burn Notice (but a little more spread out with some filler), kept getting stronger and stronger as the plot worked its way to conclusion in the fifth season. The sixth season was surprisingly good, but the seventh and eighth seasons have been pretty underwhelming and lack the continuity that the first five seasons culminated.

This past season witnessed the end of Burn Notice's overarching plot that launched the series, so I say let it end on a high note.

My Father and i have watched this since it began and he loved the action the comedy and all of that he was thrilled to see the last season that air this summer but he passed away januray 8th due to anurizm and heart issues so i am gonna be watching this witha Sad heart and it will be hard to enjoy the show. :( i miss my Father so much i am 30 years old but have always been there for him and took care of him and TV is soothing we loved allot and watched allot of shows and this was among his favorite shows

As much as I love the show, I believe this is the right decision at the right time. Only so many times can we have explained to us how to be a spy on a mission before it gets really old.

I'm curious to see what Jeffrey Donovan and Bruce Campbell's next line of work will be. Both great actors that I want to see more of.

Excellent series, also good that they are going to stop it and not turn it into a massive cash converter (not that it hasn't already generated tonnes of cash).

Nice promo for the next season. Let's hope they will finish it strong. I hate when shows get lost in the last season because then no matter how good the show was before that, you always remember that the last season sucked.

Perfect72 - Totally agree, i really hope that both Jeffrey Donovan and Bruce Campbell will come back in some nice show soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Burn Notice: Heroes! Awesome that they have Jack Coleman in this season. Definitely the best actor on Heroes.

I really enjoyed the first episode of the final season. Don't want to say too much, but man I love this show.

• 2 months later...

I'm only four episodes in, but so far so good. My wife and I will have to start binge watching soon to be ready for the finale.

• 3 weeks later...