from Note I to Note II, should I go for WP8?

Fanboy rage?

If you had bothered to think about what you typed, you would realize it was a fanboy comment you made. The masses don't choose Android so they can futz around with developer options or root and mod their device. It was a very ignorant comment on your part, especially when the vast majority of Android users know nothing of adb or dd.

Yes, fanboy rage. It's the only explanation for the lack of reading comprehension here.

If you like to type obscure commands, choose Android, because you won't be doing that on Windows Phone (unless you want to SSH into another machine and type obscure commands... then yes, there are apps for that on Windows Phone).

No, he's not attacking Android saying that you need to type obscure commands. You don't need to. But if you want to, choose Android.

Yes, fanboy rage. It's the only explanation for the lack of reading comprehension here.

If you like to type obscure commands, choose Android, because you won't be doing that on Windows Phone (unless you want to SSH into another machine and type obscure commands... then yes, there are apps for that on Windows Phone).

No, he's not attacking Android saying that you need to type obscure commands. You don't need to. But if you want to, choose Android.

He was attacking android with his little comments. Read it again, all of it including his little salesman comment. You can type obscure commands in any OS. Either way, the fanboyism is coming from him and nobody else.

Are you out of your mind? It's very rare for anyone to have to use the console in Android, even most rooting processes are done with 1 click software these days. Go educate yourself and then come back to this debate when you actually have the slightest clue how Android really works.

Are you out of your mind? It's very rare for anyone to have to use the console in Android, even most rooting processes are done with 1 click software these days. Go educate yourself and then come back to this debate when you actually have the slightest clue how Android really works.

You're still not listening. I didn't say you have to use the console on Android. "vcfan" didn't say you have to use the console on Android. You obviously don't. We know that. Stop thinking that's what we're saying. We're not. We know you don't have to use the console on Android.

I said if you want to use the console, it's there. And if you want it, Android is what you need. If you want to be able to access it, don't get Windows Phone. If you don't need it, you can still choose either Android or Windows Phone. "vcfan" was simply saying that if you don't need access to the console (which would exclude Windows Phone), then he recommends Windows Phone.

Is that clearer? This is a simple concept. Heck, it's actually a complement.

Let me translate this to a different context:

If you need the ability to flash custom ROMs, choose Android. Otherwise, I suggest product X.

If you need blue kernel panic screens (and blue kernel panic screens are important to you), choose Windows. If you don't care what color your kernel panic screens are, try product X.

He was attacking android with his little comments. Read it again, all of it including his little salesman comment. You can type obscure commands in any OS. Either way, the fanboyism is coming from him and nobody else.

No, he wasn't attacking Android... at least not until the salesmen comment. You're just being way too sensitive. Huge misunderstanding.

You're still not listening. I didn't say you have to use the console on Android. "vcfan" didn't say you have to use the console on Android. You obviously don't. We know that. Stop thinking that's what we're saying. We're not. We know you don't have to use the console on Android.

I said if you want to use the console, it's there. And if you want it, Android is what you need. If you want to be able to access it, don't get Windows Phone. If you don't need it, you can still choose either Android or Windows Phone. "vcfan" was simply saying that if you don't need access to the console (which would exclude Windows Phone), then he recommends Windows Phone.

Is that clearer? This is a simple concept. Heck, it's actually a complement.

Let me translate this to a different context:

If you need the ability to flash custom ROMs, choose Android. Otherwise, I suggest product X.

If you need blue kernel panic screens (and blue kernel panic screens are important to you), choose Windows. If you don't care what color your kernel panic screens are, try product X.

No, he wasn't attacking Android... at least not until the salesmen comment. You're just being way too sensitive. Huge misunderstanding.

I guess everyone who saw his nonsense and commented is oversensitive too.

I guess everyone who saw his nonsense and commented is oversensitive too.

Well, the original sentence in question was ambiguous. It could be interpreted in multiple ways. You took it as an attack against Android. That wasn't his intention.

Well, the original sentence in question was ambiguous. It could be interpreted in multiple ways. You took it as an attack against Android. That wasn't his intention.

Yes it was.

You are right that it was ambiguous, and could be interpreted multiple ways. He confirmed it later that the way I took it was correct (as an attack) with his salesman comment. You would be correct that I (and others) took it the wrong way, had he not shown his true intentions later.

I honestly wouldn't use anything but Android. It has the apps I want and need and it allows me the freedom to do anything I want with the phone. Besides the Note II is the best phone I've ever used.