'Need for Speed' movie begins filming in Georgia

The Need for Speed movie adaptation has begun filming in North America.

The Need for Speed movie, which stars Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul, alongside Dominic Cooper, Imogen Poots and Michael Keaton, will be shot in Macon, Georgia.

Roads in downtown Macon have been closed while shooting takes place, with local news reporter Kenny Burgamy telling 13wmaz viewers that the movie was a "great moment" for Macon.

Need for Speed follows a street racer, Tobey Marshall, who has just been released from prison.

On the outside, he is framed by a wealthy business associate with a massive bounty lingering on his head.

Need for Speed will now debut in cinemas on March 14, 2014 rather than its original release date of February 7, 2014, Deadline reports.

The change means it will avoid the competition of Warner Bros' The Lego Movie and Sony/Columbia's RoboCop.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a481103/need-for-speed-movie-begins-filming-in-georgia.html

Cool -- I'll walk on over and see if they need any driving tips.

See if you can be an advisor and advise them to STOP MAKING MOVIES :)

As soon as many people know of this film is being made 1. It be class as a full rip off to F&F Films. 2. It prob be all CGI. 3.We have F&F 7 out next year so yeah..

• 4 weeks later...

DreamWorks Studios and Ford Motor Company have announced their exclusive partnership for Electronic Arts' upcoming Need for Speed movie. The news coincides with the unveiling of a one-of-a-kind Ford Mustang for the film during EA's press conference at E3 today.

"Need for Speed is rooted in Americana, and when we were casting our hero car for the film, Ford Mustang was the obvious choice," said DreamWorks' Stacey Snider. "With its 50-year history in film, the iconic Mustang is the perfect co-star for Aaron Paul. We are privileged to have such an esteemed partner like Ford working with us on this film and look forward to seeing their Mustang up on the big screen next year."

Should be interesting. Hopefully it will be as great as the Fast and Furious franchise.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just watched the trailer for this, even know i said from the start... looks cheap/nasty/ copy cat of some what of the fast films. Now watching the trailer, i can definitely confirm that i won't be watching this at the pictures. It just shows fast cars driving fast and then crashing with no really plot what so ever. The games were poor too.

So that's it. Pinkman Survives Breaking Bad and he goes into street racing XD

Also sounds like he's out for revenge ala Jessie in a way again!

• 1 month later...

I don't know, I don't have any expectations for this movie.   It'll seem like a Fast & Furious clone/rip off to many people who don't know about the game or care for it.

• 1 month later...

I don't know, I don't have any expectations for this movie.   It'll seem like a Fast & Furious clone/rip off to many people who don't know about the game or care for it.

Yeah, but Fast & Furious must be one of the least original movies ever made in the first place.

Anyway, this looks pretty bad, and the trailer is one of those "here's the entire story" types. I'll most likely pass.

• 2 weeks later...

Aaron looks like so out of place for that role. Its like he doesnt belong there and got the part because of his BB fame.

Good actor but IMO he doesnt fit the role.