Seth MacFarlanes 'Dads'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPfl_52eNaY

Dads, Fox

PREMIERE DATE | TBA

WHEN | Tuesdays at 8 pm

WHO | Seth Green (Family Guy), Giovanni Ribisi (Friends), Brenda Song (The Suite Life On Deck), Peter Riegert (The Good Wife), Martin Mull (Roseanne, Arrested Development), Tonita Castro (Go On), Erin Pineda, Vanessa Lachey (Hawaii Five-0)

WHAT | The live-action, multi-cam comedy revolves around two successful guys in their 30s who find their lives turned upside-down when their nightmare fathers unexpectedly move in with them

22.png

"Talk about a rising sun!" :laugh: ... Epic!

Looks like a solid light hearted comedy. Looking forward :)

The laugh track nearly didn't stop for that entire video. No thanks, looks like another typical dumbing down comedy, so it'll probably do well.

• Like 3

Ummm, is this an actual show or a ****-take?

If it's an actual show then........urrrrrrrrghhhhhhh...looks friggin awful, canned laughter, forced exposition, they might as well be winking to the camera after every thigh slapper.

• Like 1

Ummm, is this an actual show or a ****-take?

If it's an actual show then........urrrrrrrrghhhhhhh...looks friggin awful, canned laughter, forced exposition, they might as well be winking to the camera after every thigh slapper.

But don't you love the: *long drawn out build up* *stop music* *punchline* *laughter* formula?

How about the: *Every guy in the room becomes a moron when a girl is pretty so she's totally in control* *Stop music* *Girls quip about beauty* *laughter*

Who could forget the: *I said something that was very typical to say but it's been 15 seconds so* *stop music* *something normal* *laughter*

• Like 1

I have to admit I don't love those "ingredients" but either I'm in the minority or I'm not in the "slouched on the couch. can't be bothered to change the channel" demographic that these shows seem to aim for.

Remember though, there's a good chance one of the characters might say something mildly funny which will end up as various t-shirts, internet memes thus ensuring another couple of seasons are bought.....

...I'm going to go lie down now and lament the dumbing down of TV :(

Although it's most got a yes from Fox because there's 2 somewhat famous people in it and it's cheap.

Giovanni Ribisi rubs me up the wrong way though to be honest, ever since I found out he's a $cientologist (and apparently actually attended the opening of the "Psychiatry: An industry of death" nonsense), anyone who joins that cult, religion, club strikes me as not having good judgement but I'm not gonna talk any more about it cos it just riles me right up.

Giovanni Ribisi rubs me up the wrong way though to be honest, ever since I found out he's a $cientologist, anyone who joins that cult, religion, club strikes me as not having good judgement.

I don't dislike any actor because of their cult religious club stupid affiliations, I just plain don't like how he acts the same in everything. He nearly ruined Avatar for me but luckily his one style of acting suited that role.

• 2 months later...

The laugh track nearly didn't stop for that entire video. No thanks, looks like another typical dumbing down comedy, so it'll probably do well.

I agree the laugh-track/studio audience formula for comedies makes them insufferable. If a show assumes its audience is too stupid to know when the jokes occur unless they are told then I'm not going to waste time watching it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...