Angelina Jolie has double mastectomy

Can't blame her given the prognosis....

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/14/showbiz/angelina-jolie-double-mastectomy/index.html?c=homepage-t

(CNN) - Actress Angelina Jolie announced in a New York Times op-ed article on Tuesday that she underwent a preventive double mastectomy after learning she carries the BRCA1 gene, which sharply increases her risk of developing breast cancer and ovarian cancer.

"My doctors estimated that I had an 87 percent risk of breast cancer and a 50 percent risk of ovarian cancer, although the risk is different in the case of each woman," Jolie wrote. "Once I knew that this was my reality, I decided to be proactive and to minimize the risk as much I could. I made a decision to have a preventive double mastectomy."

Jolie's mother Marcheline Bertrand died of breast cancer in 2007 at the age of 56.

Breast cancer happens when a woman deprives her man/husband from touching/massaging and playing with her breasts.

It's been scientifically proven that 10 minutes a day of such a procedure is all it takes to alleviate both the risk of breast cancer and male depression. Don't ask me for the source :D

• Like 2

Well, she doesn't need to lactate anymore and the plastic surgeon can have them looking pretty much how they were before.

I congratulate her on taking preventative steps given the chances. But the male in me is still sad to hear this. :(

Just watch the movie "Gia".

I wonder how much the risk is reduced by taking such drastic action.

Multiple studies in the US and Europe indicate an average risk reduction of about 90%.

but she still has the threat of ovarian cancer.. she can't stop cancer if she has the gene. don't ask for a source just my logical thinking

Not a decision to be taken lightly. Very brave but it would have a great impact on the length of her life so well done.

It is greatly reduced but because it is impossible for a surgeon to remove all breast tissue, breast cancer can still develop in the small amount of remaining tissue.

From the article

"My chances of developing breast cancer have dropped from 87 percent to under 5 percent."

Breast cancer happens when a woman deprives her man/husband from touching/massaging and playing with her breasts.

It's been scientifically proven that 10 minutes a day of such a procedure is all it takes to alleviate both the risk of breast cancer and male depression. Don't ask me for the source :D

Well, a man can help by checking for lumps while he's playing. I'd say it's a husband's/boyfriend's duty to become as familiar with his woman's breasts as possible. For her sake. ;-)

What a bold and brave move for a lady who's trade is partially reliant upon her femininity and beauty. This sends a very strong and empowering message to women potentially suffering breast cancer. I applaud her and my opinion on her has jumped massively!

• Like 1

Well, a man can help by checking for lumps while he's playing. I'd say it's a husband's/boyfriend's duty to become as familiar with his woman's breasts as possible. For her sake. ;-)

Yep, that's the whole point! Massaging curtails the development of breast tumors. It's the advice the doctors give to women to do themselves. But it just so happens that the procedure is also extremely beneficial for man's psyche when they are the ones doing it :D

A lot of very immature little boys in here today, aren't we?

Why so serious?

Seriously, my money is on plastic surgery, give them time to heal, then fill those puppies up!

A lot of very immature little boys in here today, aren't we?

I totally agree, some of the posts in this thread are in very poor taste.

Seriously, my money is on plastic surgery, give them time to heal, then fill those puppies up!

Same thing happened with Christina Applegate, I believe. I think I read where she said her new boobs were better than her old ones, or something to that affect.