CBS Hits Pause On Pre-Upfront Pickups

I hear CBS might be done ordering new series, at least until after its upfront presentation on Wednesday. The network already has picked up five comedy series and three dramas, including two pickups on Sunday, of drama Reckless and comedy Friends With Better Lives. I haven?t heard that any of the three remaining contenders ? comedy Bad Teacher and dramas Backstrom and NCIS: Red ? are dead, so pickup talks might continue after the upfront for what already is one of the largest CBS slates of new series in recent memory. (Additionally, CBS is in retool/reshoot conversations about comedy pilots The McCarthys and Jim Gaffigan) UPDATE: Rumor is that Red is dead.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/cbs-hits-pause-on-pre-upfront-pickups/

It's a shame, i was waiting for NCIS: Red. They did 2 (i think it was 2) episodes with NCIS LA and it look like it has potential.

Well NCIS:LA is a spinoff of a spinoff. (JAG -> NCIS -> NCIS:LA) :)

In that case it doesn't need a series then :p

I don't think a spinoff needs a spinoff :p

I guess CBS thinks like you :D

I just really like NCIS and NCIS LA, so another NCIS would be good for me... :)

'cop drama' shows arent really my cup of tea. i dont see the need for so many year-after-year.

Easy to sell them to countries for syndication, over here in the UK there's CSI and NCIS on so many times a day

Well JAG was a great show (10 seasons), then came NCIS which is great as well (10 seasons and going), then came NCIS LA which again is great (season 4 now and still going). No reason not to try and make another one.