Fred Armisen Is Leaving 'SNL' Too, Jason Sudeikis "Probably&#34

pj0w2dph.jpg

Following Tuesday's news that Bill Hader is leaving Saturday Night Live, it looks like the show is losing at least one big cast member (if not two) following this weekend's season finale. An NBC source tells The Post that veteran cast member Fred Armisen is departing and that Jason Sudeikis will probably go, as well. Armisen has been at SNL for 11 seasons and Sudeikis for 8. Seth Meyers expected to leave in the middle of next season (December) to take over Jimmy Fallon's duties hosting NBC's Late Night, the show sure is losing a lot of cast members over the next few months.

With Hader, Armisen, potentially Sudeikis, and eventually Meyers gone, the most veteran cast member will soon be Kenan Thompson, who will be starting his 11th season this fall if he doesn't opt to leave also. He'll be followed by Bobby Moynihan, who'll be starting his sixth season in the fall and has another two years on his contract, which will keep him there through the end of the 2014-15 season. So, the show is losings its Weekend Update anchor/head writer, (former) President, and two heavy-hitter cast members, making this the biggest exodus SNL has seen since losing Tina Fey, Rachel Dratch, Horatio Sanz, and Chris Parnell all at once in 2006

http://splitsider.com/2013/05/report-fred-armisen-is-leaving-snl-too-jason-sudeikis-probably/

I've never really gotten into SNL, however I'm a big fan of Portlandia. Assuming Armisen continues to work on this excellent show (with Carrie Brownstein), I'm happy. ;)

Isn't this the nature of SNL?

Yeah but these are considered "veterans"

I've never really gotten into SNL, however I'm a big fan of Portlandia. Assuming Armisen continues to work on this excellent show (with Carrie Brownstein), I'm happy. ;)

Same I love that show!

Man, there is no one left now. It's gonna be hard starting over.

I don't really like any of the new cast :/

I don't really like any of the new cast :/

The show lost it's appeal to me years ago. It's been on life support for the past few.