Amazon cans 'Zombieland'

Well, bad news for that Zombieland series that was at Amazon. After debuting the pilot episode a few weeks back, Amazon has decided not to take it to series.

Customers were invited to view the pilot and voice their feedback. That feedback was going to help Amazon determine whether it should move forward with a series. Those behind the project are welcome to take it elsewhere. So, what does this mean for pilot director Eli Craig (Tucker and Dale Versus Evil)? Well, he's got his next film set up.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, he's set to direct Little Evil based on a script he penned.

The logline is being kept under wraps, but this may be the "evil kid" tale he told us he wanted to do while Tucker and Dale was being promoted.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/173983-zombieland-series-fails-to-move-forward-director-boards-little-evil

it was not very good, i am not surprised that it was cancelled.

The movie sucked.

The movie was good. You're definitely a minority there.

However, we can all agree that this TV show at least.. sucked. ;)

The movie was good. You're definitely a minority there.

However, we can all agree that this TV show at least.. sucked. ;)

Agreed. In fact, it was definitely one of my favorite movies of 2009.

Once they changed the actors out for the same characters, the show was inevitably going to suck. What they should have done was wrote all new characters in the same universe with the premise that one day they might meet the original characters (as in a cameo). I think they could have done so much more with that than using the same set of characters.

I would still like to see a Zombieland 2, but with the original cast. Although, since the same writing team that wrote the film wrote the pilot, I'm not sure they've got much story left in them. This might be one of those films that will be great without a sequel.

I like the movie, and mildly liked the pilot for the show. However I agree that the big mistake was to recast the characters. They really should have made it a different group of people.

With no offense to Kirk Ward, he wasn't even close to what Woody Harrelson was in the role of Tallahassee.

Yeah, the movie was quite entertaining to me, however, this was yet another money grab to try to squeeze every last bit of cash out of a successful story line like Hollywood loves to do so much today, and like every other time they do it, it was yet again a failure. Saw this coming a mile away.

Agreed. In fact, it was definitely one of my favorite movies of 2009.

Once they changed the actors out for the same characters, the show was inevitably going to suck. What they should have done was wrote all new characters in the same universe with the premise that one day they might meet the original characters (as in a cameo). I think they could have done so much more with that than using the same set of characters.

I would still like to see a Zombieland 2, but with the original cast. Although, since the same writing team that wrote the film wrote the pilot, I'm not sure they've got much story left in them. This might be one of those films that will be great without a sequel.

I would be up for a Zombieland 2 for sure