"I rob banks. It's my hobby ..."

Dale Jenkins, 78, is accused of robbing a bank on Monday. He told both a TV reporter and a judge that he is guilty of the crime.

An elderly man accused of robbing a San Diego bank wasn't interested in remaining silent about his alleged crimes.

During his arrest, he blurted out to a TV reporter: "I rob banks. It's my hobby," and told the judge during his first court appearance: "I'm guilty as charged."

Dale E Jenkins, 78, was arrested Monday for robbing a Comerica Bank branch by threatening to throw acid in the teller's face, SanDiego6.com reported.

During the robbery, he was dressed in a three-piece suit and fedora. After receiving his money, he allegedly left the bank carrying his ill-gotten loot in a rolling suitcase and was picked up two blocks away, NBCSanDiego.com reported.

Jenkins reportedly netted only $80 from the bank, but it was what he said to KGTV-TV reporter Allison Ash during his arrest that was truly priceless.

"I rob banks. It's my hobby," he said, adding that this robbery was his seventh. "Somebody needs to take care of the veterans in this country."

Jenkins' confession spree didn't end there.

During his first court appearance on Tuesday, he blurted out to the judge, "I'm guilty as charged and do not want to go through any long trial. I can't live on the streets anymore," KGTV-TV reported.

The judge cut him off, warning him that anything he said will be used during a trial, according to the station.

Despite Jenkins' advanced age, officials said there's no evidence he might be the Geezer Bandit -- an elderly-looking man who robbed 16 banks between 2009 and 2011, according to the Associated Press.

Authorities suspect that robber was a younger man wearing a mask.

source

He probably hopes he can go to prison and get free health care.

when your national healthcare systems sucks and doesn't take care of your own people. your people get desperate. I suspect a getting a roof over his head s of more immediate concern though.