How I Met Your Mother (Season 9)

tumblr_mmysk6w3lb1qjd1y3o2_250.giftumblr_mmysk6w3lb1qjd1y3o3_250.gif

tumblr_mmysk6w3lb1qjd1y3o1_500.jpg

How I Met Your Mother?s signature quintet is swelling into a sextet.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Cristin Milioti, who was unmasked as the titular mom in this week?s season finale, will take the title of series regular during the comedy?s upcoming ninth and final season.

This marks the first time HIMYM will have expanded its core group of regulars beyond stars Josh Radnor, Alyson Hannigan, Neil Patrick Harris, Cobie Smulders and Jason Segel.

Series cocreator Carter Bays previously revealed that as HIMYM unspools its ninth and final season, viewers will become ?much better? acquainted with Milioti?s bass-playing cutie as the show tells ?the epic story of the longest wedding weekend ever.?

CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler later confirmed to TVLine that Season 9?s entire run will, in fact, span the wedding weekend and just the wedding weekend, as the comedy details ?how each character, before Ted, meets the mother. So, they each meet her independently before he does.?

http://tvline.com/2013/05/17/how-i-met-your-mother-season-9-spoilers-cristin-milioti-series-regular/

Well, that's an obvious. She is the mother and considering that fact that it's the last season and it's all going to be around the wedding weekend I don't see how she wouldn't be a regular :)

Well, that's an obvious. She is the mother and considering that fact that it's the last season and it's all going to be around the wedding weekend I don't see how she wouldn't be a regular :)

Yeah of course, good time to start a new thread :)

I just hope they don't split Barney and Robin. That's all I want :p

I do. Because I want Robin all for me. Because, you know, she does not deserve to end up with an American :shiftyninja:

• Like 1

I do. Because I want Robin all for me. Because, you know, she does not deserve to end up with an American :shiftyninja:

Dont worry, you have her. Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) is gay :laugh:

• 1 month later...

I'm not so sure what I think about the entire season being the wedding weekend. I wonder if they literally mean every single episode, or can we at least get an episode about them actually meeting and getting to know each other before we jump straight to getting married to the person that only had 5 seconds of screen time previously. Just seems a bit abrupt. I almost expect a timer at every commercial break, 24 style! :laugh:

I'll just have to wait and see though I guess!

Why does every thing I watch has to end? HIMYM and Breaking Bad. >.< 

Tell me about it. It seems like all the really good shows have ended in the last year or two or are ending in the next year or two, with little decent to replace them. I haven't found many new shows I find worth watching, but I've still got a backlog of shows to catch up on, so hopefully something will pop up to replace them eventually.

I'm not so sure what I think about the entire season being the wedding weekend. I wonder if they literally mean every single episode, or can we at least get an episode about them actually meeting and getting to know each other before we jump straight to getting married to the person that only had 5 seconds of screen time previously. Just seems a bit abrupt. I almost expect a timer at every commercial break, 24 style! :laugh:

I'll just have to wait and see though I guess!

Tell me about it. It seems like all the really good shows have ended in the last year or two or are ending in the next year or two, with little decent to replace them. I haven't found many new shows I find worth watching, but I've still got a backlog of shows to catch up on, so hopefully something will pop up to replace them eventually.

The only other one which hasn't ended is The Walk Dead, but yeah.. 

So am I the only one who thinks this final season could turn out awful? A quick google search tells me Milioti worked on broadway but that doesn't mean she can fit in with the others. Adding a new character to a show can make things awkward and throw off the group dynamics but to add one in the final season could mean it would go out on a low note instead of a high one and I'd hate to see that happen.

Four of the shows I watch are going off the air: HIMYM, Breaking Bad, Burn Notice and Psych :(  I guess that means I need to find some new shows to watch but the last couple of new shows I got into were cancelled before the first season was over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...