How I Met Your Mother (Season 9)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think its very boring so far.

Agreed. Man I was so disappointed in the Slapbet episode. So much potential, wasted. I mean, the kungfu was kind of corny but kinda funny. Overall, it sucked hard.

• 1 month later...

i liked tonights one it was good, i still enjoy it but it does need to end lol

• 2 weeks later...

I don't feel content with tonight. Sure I loved that Robin and Ted ended up together, especially after the connection with the trumpet, but I just don't like that they had to kill the mother off like that and soo quick

• Like 2

I felt underwhelmed to be honest. I don't mean to be so critical, but I didn't feel enough for the Mother because of her near absence from the entire show, let alone this season. I didn't get a connection with her and would have felt more if Robin had died than the Mother.

Like most series finales, I just didn't care enough anymore to actually feel anything. It also felt like they were trying to hard to please the fans with the Robin/Ted setup at the end. Blarg! I know this is a comedy, but seriously? Just felt forced and after nine long years, I hoped for a better ending.

They could have spent more time this season getting that connection to the Mother instead of so many stupid flashbacks and maybe I would have cared more about her when she died. Ultimately, it was a dud for me.

[edit] If you come into a thread after an episode has aired, be warned, spoilers lie ahead. DUH! :rolleyes:

loved the finale.  

i always did wonder why ted started the story exactly around the time when robin entered the picture.  

hehe...I guess we all know now.  

however, I do wish they spent more of the season fleshing out mother.  other than that, legendary finale.  

• Like 2

I think it was a great ending. I know a lot of people didn't really care for the show and watching it and saying they hated it. I believe some die-hard fans loved the ending, because they watch it religiously and they know that everything that happened on the episode really made sense.

I was a fan of the ending, maybe felt a little rushed right at the end but was still good, actually ties everything up unlike most finales!