Sony teases PS4 design

I was think about getting the PS4 but sony is ****ing people off but now I really thinking about the next xbox. I do think they ****ing people off teasing like this.

I think you're one of the only ones who're getting '****ed off', mr. broken english. As (mostly) anyone else has enough sense to know it doesn't matter how it looks. Cause a fancy box wont make the games better.

I think there are lot of people who ****ed off at sony after the first reveal and still ****ed off. I don't care how it looks I just hate the marketing of it.

I think there are lot of people who ****ed off at sony after the first reveal and still ****ed off. I don't care how it looks I just hate the marketing of it.

And these people are...?

And these people are...?

Dumb people who live under a rock who think console manufactors are going to break their normal tradition of showing off their console before E3.

If you added glossy black finish, slimmed it down, removed the floppy drives, and added a modern power button, this design actually would be nice jokes aside :shifty:

post-455563-0-94291300-1369081249.jpg

Have you heard of google? Do a search and find out.

Dumb people who live under a rock who think console manufactors are going to break their normal tradition of showing off their console before E3.

Yeah, that's the kind of people I was thinking of.

The vast majority who have a PS3 now will be happy with what they are seeing so far with the PS4. You surely can't expect them to announce everything at the same time? How are they supposed to stretch the hype from that Melfster?

PS3 will keep selling for quite a while yet, especially with this years lineup. The current, and potentially still to come revisions of the PS3 are that rock solid, the worst that may ever happen over time is you needing to replace the Blu Ray laser which is very easy.

qku82uj.jpg

Everyone is wondering what this is, not part of the controller/camera....

second panel from Naruto chapter 629. two eyes are Rinngean"]Rinngean

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Rinnegan

naruto-4136843.jpg

Heres a rough mockup of what I would like the PS4 to look like! It is like of like the PS2 design!

post-455563-0-67307100-1369086390.jpg

Have you heard of google? Do a search and find out.

Make unsubstantiated claims... ask other people to find your evidence for you...

Should be a politician :rofl:

He is the one who is being lazy........ Have you looked the comments on neowin. http://www.neowin.ne...4-design-teaser. I don't think to people are singing the praises of Sony LOL :laugh:

As I said earlier, Neowin's front pages are notorious for MS fanboys. Some of the comments in that news post reek of teenage angst.

As I said earlier, Neowin's front pages are notorious for MS fanboys. Some of the comments in that news post reek of teenage angst.

You just claimed that that was alone in criticizing Sony and you say Neowin has lots MS fanboys that don't count. I do have have a PS3 and like very much I just think the way Sony marketing the PS4 is **** pour. I hope the do better.

You just claimed that that was alone in criticizing Sony and you say Neowin has lots MS fanboys that don't count. I do have have a PS3 and like very much I just think the way Sony marketing the PS4 is **** pour. I hope the do better.

Oh no they do count, but they're part of the minority at the moment. Go to some of the larger news sites, or a large forum like GAF, and you'll find it harder to find evidence of Sony "****ing people off" with the PS4 campaign so far, or that they've "blown it now/it's too late" to show off what the console looks like. These folks you highlighted on Neowin conveniently gloss over that MS are only showing you tomorrow (or potentially, might save for E3), a few weeks before E3, where the PS4 will be playable, what the next Xbox hardware will look like... Until tomorrow the next Xbox doesn't even "exist".

A philosophical question, how can it ever be "too late" to show off what a console looks like? Apple practically announce phones and then sell them a few days later... The consoles aren't out for months?

The teaser shows you... wait for it... it's going to look something like every other console/piece of computing equipment enclosed in hardware. Yes we want to see it, to make sure it's not ugly/poorly constructed/too big/glossy (matte ftw) etc, but we'll find that out well before release like every single other console launch anyway. Like E3 soon.

But I concede, Sony didn't show me at the pre-E3 reveal, who cares now? I mean I've now owned the PS4 for months, and I mean we're going to see the next Xbox tomorrow! There is literally absolutely no point and no one caring what the PS4 looks like now, they only did in February :rofl:

A philosophical question, how can it ever be "too late" to show off what a console looks like? Apple practically announce phones and then sell them a few days later... The consoles aren't out for months?

It's too late when people perceive it to be too late. Sony rushed the announcement of the PS4 and didn't reveal the appearance of the console, which for many people is an important factor. Sure it doesn't have any bearing on the performance of the machine but it does impact its desirability and its "cool" factor. It really doesn't make much difference to me though, as it's still going to be a long time before it's released.

It's too late when people perceive it to be too late. Sony rushed the announcement of the PS4 and didn't reveal the appearance of the console, which for many people is an important factor. Sure it doesn't have any bearing on the performance of the machine but it does impact its desirability and its "cool" factor. It really doesn't make much difference to me though, as it's still going to be a long time before it's released.

But it's cool factor isn't changing if the device.... well... looks cool? Whatever the design choice they have in mind will have been settled on a while ago. The point is you aren't buying these consoles until November-ish, you will know what it looks like well before then, so if you were absolutely 100% persuaded to buy strictly based on looks you'll be able to judge in advance. Well in advance. If it's such an important factor why are people panicking a few weeks before E3 and ALSO saying things like "it doesn't matter now" contradicting that it ever did matter to them in February anyway? :s

People can perceive anything they want, but when a perception is stupid, it's stupid.

Damn that looks like a good go at it considering what there is to go on from the video.

But it's cool factor isn't changing if the device.... well... looks cool? Whatever the design choice they have in mind will have been settled on a while ago. The point is you aren't buying these consoles until November-ish, you will know what it looks like well before then, so if you were absolutely 100% persuaded to buy strictly based on looks you'll be able to judge in advance.

But fans wants something they can unite behind, something that represents what the product is. It's hard to do that with just specs alone. It means that Sony fans are currently in limbo, as they don't know whether they're going to like the appearance or not. In the grand scheme of things the delay is completely irrelevant but for the moment it has annoyed some people.