Arrow

http://insidetv.ew.c...12/green-arrow/

'Green Arrow' TV series near pilot order at The CW!

Smallville fans rejoice! The CW is getting back into the DC Comics universe and edging close to a pilot order for a new series starring the Green Arrow.

For the uninitiated, Green Arrow is sort of Batman meets Robin Hood. He?s hooded archer who creates trick arrows with special functions (explosives, grappling, etc), in addition to rocking a tight green suit. Like the Dark Knight, his secret identity is a billionaire ? Oliver Queen, the former mayor of the fictional Star City. The comic book debuted in 1941 and was loosely inspired by the film The Green Archer, which was based on a novel by Edgar Wallace.

The character was first introduced to CW viewers on Smallville in 2006, played by Justin Hartley, who appeared in more than 70 episodes of the long-running series as the arrow-shooting hero. The Green Arrow was reportedly first added to Smallville in a guest run as a substitute for Batman, a character whose adaptation rights are exclusive to the film franchise.

Hartley is not involved in the new project, however. Here?s who is on board developing the show: Executive producers/writers are Greg Berlanti (Brothers & Sisters) and Marc Guggenheim (FlashForward), who also both worked on last year?s Green Lantern film, along with Andrew Kreisberg (Vampire Diaries, Fringe ? plus he?s worked on the Green Arrow comic book). Berlanti Productions is producing in association with Warner Bros. Television.

If Green Arrow goes to series, who do you think should play the finest archer in all the land?

post-347280-0-96348400-1326447509_thumb.

As I read it, I assumed Justin Hartley would be involved. I'm quite surprised to read that he isn't. I guess they didn't want it to be tied to the Smallville universe. I think it's a bad move though. If Justin Hartley were to play the Green Arrow, they could get actors from Smallville to make guest appearances on the show.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Oliver Queen/Green Arrow:?Stephen Amell (Heartland, Private Practice, Hung)

Dinah Laurel Lance/[black Canary?]:?Katie Cassidy (Supernatural, Taken, Nightmare on Elm Street) [sean Cassidy's daughter]

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/15/katie-cassidy-cw-pilot-green-arrow/

Katie Cassidy scores lead in CW?s ?Arrow? pilot

Katie Cassidy has scored the role of Dinah Laurel Lance on Arrow, The CW?s DC Comics-inspired pilot. By day, Lance is a lawyer with the City Necessary Resources Initiative. She is also the second-in-line to the Black Canary superhero mantel and former lady love of Oliver Queen, a.k.a. Green Arrow (Hung?s Stephen Amell). Cassidy, the daughter of TV star and singer David Cassidy, previously appeared on Supernatural, Gossip Girl, and the short-lived Harper?s Island.

Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, and Andrew Kreisberg penned the pilot, which Smallville vet David Nutter directed. Arrow is one of eight dramas The CW is considering for fall 2012.

Stephen Amell

Stephen%20Amell.jpg

Katie Cassidy

katie-cassidy-01.jpg

If this happens....I will be so happy. I'm not a huge fan of the Green Arrow character, however any comic book character brought to live action is fine with me! I'm still really upset over the Wonder Woman fiasco. I was really looking forward to it. I was a huge Smallville fan so there's a hole in my heart ;) FILL IT!!!

• 1 month later...

Think of a dark Batman-ish character whose arrows are at least as as trick as Bats belt toys. Dinah Lance' should have an alter ego named Black Canary - extreme martial arts and a scream that can shatter, deafen and in general cause hell. Comic started in 1941.

• Like 1

Think of a dark Batman-ish character whose arrows are at least as as trick as Bats belt toys. Dinah Lance' should have an alter ego named Black Canary - extreme martial arts and a scream that can shatter, deafen and in general cause hell. Comic started in 1941.

thanks! :D sounds appealing!

Darren Shahlavi Joins ARROW As Villain Constantine Drakon
Darren Shahlavi (Ip Man 2 and ?Kano? from Mortal Kombat Legacy) has been shooting for the past few days as a bad guy named Constantine Drakon. The character first appeared in the Judd Winick/Phil Hester run of Green Arrow comics in 2003.

In the comics Drakon was a diminutive Greek martial artist and ruthless assassin, who discovered he was a gifted killer at the age of ten. His first meeting with Green Arrow resulted in him crucifying the hero with his own arrows, so it will be very interesting to see if they make him such a formidable opponent in the show.

http://www.comicbook...s/news/?a=56749

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

oXa2w.jpg

USA Today is reporting that Supernatural is headed to Wednesday nights at 9PM and Arrow will be slotted in front at 8PM. With CW's ratings plummeting 15% this past season one would have to expect that Arrow will be given every opportunity to flourish.