BMW M235i spied virtually undisguised

I usually tend to wait for the official announcements, but, in this case, I couldn't wait for it ))

BMW M235i spied virtually undisguised

Should have a 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine with 320 HP (235 kW)

The highly-anticipated BMW M235i has been spied virtually undisguised during a photoshoot.

Set to become the spiritual successor to the 1-Series M Coupe, the M235i has an evolutionary design which clearly echoes its predecessor. More notably, we can see the model will have little in common with the 1-Series that it is based on. Key styling changes include new bumpers, a revised grille and unique headlights.

While the exterior will be exclusive to the 2-Series, the interior will be heavily influenced by the 1-Series hatchback. This means the M235i will likely be equipped with Hexagon/Alcantara cloth upholstery, a sport steering wheel and Aluminum Hexagon trim with Estoril Blue or high-gloss black accents.

Like the M135i, the M235i is expected to be powered by a 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine that produces 320 HP (235 kW) and 450 Nm (332 lb-ft) of torque. The hatchback accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 4.9 seconds, so expect the coupe to be a few ticks faster.

The M235i is expected to go into production in November, so an official unveiling is likely just around the corner.

9118665061953028200.jpg

9495562921734113794.jpg

17125051741074824016.jpg

403126532909027597.jpg

Looks nice! I just ordered a new 2013 335xi, I take delivery today!

Congrats! Did you trade-in your CLS?

Congrats! Did you trade-in your CLS?

Yep, the repairs/maintenance are way too much for me. It was very fun while it lasted, but the 335xi is fun its own regard.

Saw one (335xi) yesterday and they are pretty sweet... dunno if I like the front being so low though but gotta get a closer look at one.

Saw one (335xi) yesterday and they are pretty sweet... dunno if I like the front being so low though but gotta get a closer look at one.

I'll post pictures later tonight, if the weather is good :)

i have an F21 currently, and i think the 1 series coupe (2 series) has got the proportions all wrong :/

the 4 series and 6 series are just so much better..

still, should be a VERY fun car this M235i if the M135i is anything to go by!!! :D :D :D

The new 2 series is looking better than the current 1 series coupe. I find the latter's roofline awkwardly tall. I like smaller, more agile cars and would own a 1 series coupe if I could get past the looks. I might look to the new 2er to replace my current 3 series.

I'm liking how BMW is keeping the even numbered models to the coupes and convertibles and the odd numbered models to sedans. This car is no exception but I'd take a 4er for a coupe instead simply because I like the extra roominess and possibility for a bigger engine for the ///M :woot:

Love the car, hate the branding. Is that a Euro thing? The 135i and the 1M are different cars, so I assume the same holds true here. Beyond the hood and side bump, it doesn't look aggressive enough to be an M. (Moar fender flare! - Maybe its just those rims)

I do like the roof change compared to the 1's. I agree they are a bit tall for the car. This one looks longer but still reasonable compared to the oversized 3s.

M sedans? If its not a coupe, its just a sport package. ;)

Congrats on the new 335!

Love the car, hate the branding. Is that a Euro thing? The 135i and the 1M are different cars, so I assume the same holds true here. Beyond the hood and side bump, it doesn't look aggressive enough to be an M. (Moar fender flare! - Maybe its just those rims)

I do like the roof change compared to the 1's. I agree they are a bit tall for the car. This one looks longer but still reasonable compared to the oversized 3s.

M sedans? If its not a coupe, its just a sport package. ;)

Congrats on the new 335!

M135i like the M550d and the soon to be M235i are sub brand M cars that fit in between the range topper I.e. 335i and the associated 'true' M car i.e. an M3

Yes, you did read that correctly, there is an M550d, it's a diesel.. Developed by the M team :s

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/explore/mpa/overview.html

There isn't an 135i on the new F20 range, it's gone straight to the M135i, and is not available in the US market, much to the anger of hundreds of North American folk on the various bimmer forums :D

unlucky, it's amazing :D

What's you point? Expecting a Porsche or something?

It looks pretty much exactly like current and previus models of the last few years. They need a proper new design

It looks pretty much exactly like current and previus models of the last few years. They need a proper new design

And you only feel that way about BMW? Or is the concept of a brand identity and image lost on you?

And you only feel that way about BMW? Or is the concept of a brand identity and image lost on you?

No, but it's more pronounced in the German brands. Many other brands have managed to make new interesting designs on their cars and updating them while still keeping the heritage of the old. Brand identity doesn't mean minimal changes to a few curves here and there you need two cars side by side in the same color 10 years apart in models to barely notice a difference, to exaggerate a little.

No, but it's more pronounced in the German brands. Many other brands have managed to make new interesting designs on their cars and updating them while still keeping the heritage of the old. Brand identity doesn't mean minimal changes to a few curves here and there you need two cars side by side in the same color 10 years apart in models to barely notice a difference, to exaggerate a little.

I actually like how they evolve designs instead of constantly changing the sheetmetal. On the roads I can immediately tell a BMW, an Audi or a Porsche apart from other cars. A lot of the other brands are... anonymous.