Bloatware and Ad removal for S4?

Hi, i have a AT&T S4. i just ran motochopper and rooted my device and installed Titanium Backup. i am totally new to this, i would like to remove all the AT&T crapped not needed and remove ads is possible. what is the best way to do this.

Thanks!

Go into Titanium Backup (hopefully you have the Pro version)..

Tap on the "Backup/Restore" header

Look down the list of apps

Tap on the one you want to change

Tap on "Freeze"

When you go back to the list the app will be highlighted (blue background most likely but depends on your theme)

Tap on the app again

Tap on "Uninstall"

Then agree to the prompts.

The app should then be uninstalled.

Try restarting the phone for good measure. Make sure you freeze the apps before uninstalling them because they may be running in the background when you try to uninstall them.

I would recommend getting Rom Manager too, you might want to look into installing Clockwork Mod too if you want to try different roms.

If you didn't want adware it bloatware on your phone, you shouldn't have bought an Android.

Yeah but he wanted a phone that actually has applications for it ;)

If you didn't want adware it bloatware on your phone, you shouldn't have bought an Android.

Not all Androids have bloat on them and some have lots more than others. And blocking ads on Android has been going on for a long time and is nothing new.

Ad-away is something of a must have for Android (imo).

There isn't really a list of safe apps. Generally you run risks with any of this kind of ****ing around, but you can system restore it and fix any issues you run into, at worst you need to reflash your rom.

Just make a full backup and don't delete anything obvious like "System" :p