Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
V-Tech

Charlie Sheen changes name back to Carlos Estevez

9 posts in this topic

charlie-sheen-changes-name-back-to-carlos-estevez.jpg

Anger Management star Charlie Sheen has gone back to his birth name, and Latino roots, in the billing for his newest film Machete Kills. In a screengrab obtained by TMZ, the films credits list Sheen as Carlos Estevez.

Now 47 years old, Sheen was born ?Carlos Irwin Estevez? to father Martin Sheen, who also changed his name for the screen. Martin Sheen?s birth name, Ramon Gerardo Antonio Estevez, is one that he has always regretted changing. In a 2003 interview in Inside the Actors Studio he said to James Lipton ?One of my great regrets is that I didn't keep my name as it was given to me. I knew it bothered my dad."

Charlie Sheen has not previously expressed any of the same regrets of his father. Last year Sheen told Univision ?I don't wake up feeling Latino. I'm a white guy in America.? He changed his name to Charlie at the age of 4 to avoid being confused with his uncle Carlos and took on the last name Sheen to follow in the footsteps of his father.

So why would the Anger Management star change his name for a movie? It is possible that Sheen is trying to distance himself from his well-earned crazy person persona in his first serious film role in a number of years.

http://www.tvrage.com/news/6864/charlie-sheen-changes-name-back-to-carlos-estevez

Sorry, didnt see it there :/

That's cool :) I always search everything because of the amount I (and others) post here :rofl:

That's cool :) I always search everything because of the amount I (and others) post here :rofl:

I always search as well but i only search a main thing in the topic and not the whole message. For example if i see some news about Superman, then i search if there is a topic already about superman and post there. I almost never search the content really :D

He's still the same crazy person regardless of his name.

I guess 'Mr. Sheen' will not shine through for us anymore :(

1 person likes this

well, he is brother to Emilio estevez...

Perhaps his father will go back to being Ramon.