'Iron Man 3' Is Now The Fifth Highest Grossing Movie Of All-Time

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet
Marvel Studios sure do have a lot to boast about. As well as having the highest grossing superhero movie ever in the form of The Avengers, Iron Man 3 has today become the fifth biggest movie of all-time. As you can see from the stats below, only the final Harry Potter movie, The Avengers, Titanic and Avatar have beaten the third instalment in the Iron Man franchise. It's unlikely that it will now move any higher than #5, but do you guys think that the boost from Joss Whedon's superhero ensemble will mean that either Thor: The Dark World or Captain America: The Winter Soldier will manage to find their way onto the Top 10 list of box office hits as well?

Didn't see the movie yet. Need to find the time to go to the cinema :)

I heard awful things from friends who went to see it, I know what happens as well due to the same friends :p

I heard awful things from friends who went to see it, I know what happens as well due to the same friends :p

Really?! It has a rating of 7.7 on IMDB and the first Iron Man has a rating of 7.9. It usually means that it's not bad. (I know you don't like IMDB that much :D)

Interesting.....

Really?! It has a rating of 7.7 on IMDB and the first Iron Man has a rating of 7.9. It usually means that it's not bad. (I know you don't like IMDB that much :D)

Interesting.....

I think alot of opinion is it wasn't as good as it could of been but yeah its doing well, I call it "The Avengers Hype Train" because it's the first film since Avengers

• Like 1

They need to adjust this for inflation. Movie tickets are really expensive now.

You're telling me.. ?7.30 for an adult at the local Cineworld.

I've yet to see it, i'll say i'll watch it at some point but then again i'm still waiting to see Captain America..

You're telling me.. ?7.30 for an adult at the local Cineworld.

I've yet to see it, i'll say i'll watch it at some point but then again i'm still waiting to see Captain America..

Do they still do that movie pass where you can see as many films in a month for a fee?

Do they still do that movie pass where you can see as many films in a month for a fee?

They do a monthly pass of ?15 to see as many films as you like, it's not that often i go anymore though so the one film every now and then is enough.

They do a monthly pass of ?15 to see as many films as you like, it's not that often i go anymore though so the one film every now and then is enough.

I'd go for that if it wasn't two towns away :/

It had immense potential, but they ****ed it up. In other words, it was disappointing.

I'd go for that if it wasn't two towns away :/

Ouch, i wouldn't like to be the one making that trip reguarly either.

Now if it was an empty cinema each time, totally worth it!

It had immense potential, but they ****ed it up. In other words, it was disappointing.

They shouldn't have changed directors.

They shouldn't have changed directors.

Yeah there was no point. For sure it went in another direction.. downwards.

edit: Just also want to point out that everything was fine.. until the big twist.

Yeah, saw it last week and left feeling like it was the TDKR of the series. Kingsley was great as The Mandarin but some of the other plot points were just frazzled.

Apparently a lot of movie goers disagree with the haters.

I would not necessarily call superhero fans movie goers to be honest.

I would not necessarily call superhero fans movie goers to be honest.

LOL! Movie goer is a specific set of people? Iron Man 3 was awesome

LOL! Movie goer is a specific set of people? Iron Man 3 was awesome

Yes. Actually a movie goer is someone who watch a lot of movies (like Rappy). It is someone who is going to watch Iron Man 3 but also going to watch the Tree of Life. He might like them of not it doesn't matter he's going to watch them anyway. It is not someone who watch only one style of movie.