Do you use an adblocker?

Do you use an adblocker?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use an adblocker?

• Yes, on all websites.
    • Yes, on most websites. I whitelist sites I care about - like Neowin.
    • No.
    • There is no adblocker available for my browser of choice.

There are a lot of sites I whitelist because I want to help support the sites.

I use a 4 server TMG array with NLB to block all adverts, analytics, tracking domains, social network buttons, share buttons, widgets etc etc etc centralizing it in one location instead of using software on clients.

This junk makes up 14-25% of web requests

I block on all sites, but tend to give back in other ways.

For instance I try and help out people with computer issues a lot here; I figure it helps the community which in turn helps the owners.

I also paid for Neowin obviously >.> Honestly, the reason I started ad blocking was download speed/times. I live in Australia where in a lot of people don't have fast internet connections. I find it a complete pain in the ass to spend time downloading ads that could be used to download content. I wouldn't mind if the ads were smaller in size than the content, but it's often not the case..

/shrugs

ive been banned and had 6 warnings talking about ad-blocker on neowin, so i think ill not say anything!

ive been banned and had 6 warnings talking about ad-blocker on neowin, so i think ill not say anything!

Yet with your post you said more than enough.

If Neowin didnt have pop-ups, I would add them to the whitelist :D..

Yes I do use AdBlock-Plus

Neowin doesn't have popups, if you whitelist Neowin and see one, screenshot it and report it to me please.

Neowin doesn't have popups, if you whitelist Neowin and see one, screenshot it and report it to me please.

Will do, it was on my laptop (fresh install of Win7) using IE10.

Edit: actually it just happened.. uploading scrn shot

wth? emailing.. will update when I get an answer.

Thats the only thing that bugs me with ads lol, well that and audible ones. They scare me

I have a life-time licence of AdMuncher currently at v4.93.33707/4673 it's 99% effective.

Whats the 1% :shiftyninja: ? :ike:

Yes pretty much,

For,

Firefox: Adblock Plus

IE10: MGTEK Adblock IE

Iron: ABP

I used to use Adfender as a proxy filter, but it doesn't work on HTTPS connections so I have to resort to browser extensions.