Peep this: The lovely evolution of Nintendo controllers

This short, sweet look at Nintendo's controller design over the last quarter century, by Chris Koelsch, is probably a better way to waste 30 seconds than whatever you are doing. Unless you're knitting or doing sick kick flips off of cars on your skateboard. Incidentally, you should upload the latter onto Vimeo.

I wasted more than 30 seconds because I kept replaying it for that infectious beat, as well as the lively colors. RIP GameCube. It was built for fun.

Source

Can't beat the N64 controller imo :)

2 x N64 controllers to play Goldeneye with dual analog sticks :D

The gamecube controller is still one of the best contollers ever.

Agreed, was very well made. (though I didn't care for the Z placement; felt like it was just tacked on last minute when they realized they forgot a button)

I liked the N64 controller for FPS titles (Turok, Doom 64, Goldeneye) but the joystick was downright awful. How many of you broke it to where when you started the console up, you had to hold the stick down a tad to prevent it from continuously pointing up once the game started? I blame Mario Kart for that one lol. Also, it kind of hurt the thumb after a while.

The Wii nun-chuck controller was just awful, and the Wii U pad is pretty awful, in my opinion at least. I really wish they'd quit trying to reinvent the wheel with each iteration... :/

Agreed, was very well made. (though I didn't care for the Z placement; felt like it was just tacked on last minute when they realized they forgot a button)

I liked the N64 controller for FPS titles (Turok, Doom 64, Goldeneye) but the joystick was downright awful. How many of you broke it to where when you started the console up, you had to hold the stick down a tad to prevent it from continuously pointing up once the game started? I blame Mario Kart for that one lol. Also, it kind of hurt the thumb after a while.

The Wii nun-chuck controller was just awful, and the Wii U pad is pretty awful, in my opinion at least. I really wish they'd quit trying to reinvent the wheel with each iteration... :/

I never actually had to replace an n64 controller in the 4 or 5 years i had my n64. And i played it a ton.