Muhammad Farrukh

And.... Mobile

Title: ?Halo: Spartan Assault?

Publisher: Microsoft Studios

Developer(s): 343 Industries and Vanguard Games

Format: Digital download available only for Windows 8 PCs, tablets and Windows Phone 8 devices

ESRB Rating: T for Teen

Price: $6.99 ERP1

Availability: July 2013

Product Overview: Available only for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8, ?Halo: Spartan Assault? is a new top-down action shooter that brings a ?Halo? video game to touch-based devices for the first time in franchise history. Developed by 343 Industries in conjunction with Vanguard Games, ?Halo: Spartan Assault? provides an accessible, pick-up-and-play experience for fans and newcomers alike.

Set between the events of ?Halo 3? and ?Halo 4,? ?Halo: Spartan Assault? is a new chapter of the award-winning ?Halo? universe that explores the first missions of the Spartan Ops program and dives deeper into the backstory of Human-Covenant wars. Play through the eyes of either Commander Sarah Palmer or Spartan Davis stationed aboard the UNSC Infinity as they fight never-before-seen battles against Covenant forces.

With rich storytelling, intuitive controls, and best-in-class action, audio and graphics, ?Halo: Spartan Assault? brings the epic scale and action of the ?Halo? universe to mobile devices through unrivaled action and intensity.

Features: Top features include the following:

?? Original ?Halo? gameplay. An action-packed, single-player campaign spanning 25 missions in battles never before experienced in the Halo Universe, all played from a top-down camera view

?? New and immersive storyline. An original story set between the events of ?Halo 3? and ?Halo 4,? experience a new war with the Covenant, the first missions of the Spartan Ops program and the rise of Commander Sarah Palmer, all with best-in-class graphics and audio

?? Built for simplicity. A unique fusion of touch and consolelike controls for easy pick-up-and-play gaming, with the added flexibility of keyboard and mouse controls on Windows 8 PCs and tablets2

?? Integration with ?Halo 4.? Earn experience points (XP), all-new Achievements, and unlock emblems for your ?Halo 4? Spartan career, with additional integration features available after laun

?? Nonstop competitive fun. Compete against friends in Leaderboards or hone your skills against an onslaught of Weekly Challenges while collecting more than 40 in-game Achievements and Med

?? In-app purchases. Grind to earn upgrades or speed up your training by purchasing credits for boosts, unique weapons or armor abilitie

?? Only on Windows. Available only on Windows 8 PCs and tablets and Windows Phone 8 devices.

original.jpg

original.jpg

George P

Well, since they went ahead and talked about this game now that means it's not going to come up at E3 either. Makes sense now though since this isn't for the Xbox at all.

Draconian Guppy

windows 8 pcs? no windows 7 love?

George P

windows 8 pcs? no windows 7 love?

Because it's a WinRT aka, metro game. Also why it's coming to WP8 as well since they share much of the same APIs already.

LaP

Because it's a WinRT aka, metro game. Also why it's coming to WP8 as well since they share much of the same APIs already.

We all know why it's coming to windows 8 only. It's for the same reason Halo 2 PC was Windows Vista only. Saying otherwise is being totally delusional.

• Like 3
Draconian Guppy

Oh pardon my ignorance, a "mini-game" then

the better twin

Interesting. I'd much rather they try out new stuff like this than another reboot/spin off like i was expecting.

Looks like it could be a fun little time waster while on my phone.

Heres the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx-MZVSajRs

Oh and I think they need to sort out the store pricing. Hopefully this is coming with 8.1 but I am not going to buy the exact same game on different platforms. Galatic Reign was cheaper on Windows 8 store, yet they expect me to pay again, and in fact more for the same game on my mobile. Sort it out.

Razorwing

I'm guessing this is an RTS. ..again? It should be very interesting though.

edit: Nvm, it's some sort of shooter. Pretty cool.

Geoffrey B.

VERY eager to play this, i will have to pick it up on my phone when it is released, i might also pick it up on the PC however, it would be sad if they made me buy it twice.

TPreston

Stoped reading at "top down" god can we just have pc ports of all the xbox 360 halo games ?

• Like 1
The Laughing Man

Stoped reading at "top down" god can we just have pc ports of all the xbox 360 halo games ?

I was excited then I read the same thing, Id really like the Halo Franchise on the PC, yea know like how it started out...
BajiRav

Title wrong on two counts. It is exclusive to Windows 8 PCs not just PCs and also Windows Phone 8.

the better twin

I was excited then I read the same thing, Id really like the Halo Franchise on the PC, yea know like how it started out...

On Mac you mean....

George P

Because they wanted to bring it to mobile they specifically went with the top down style instead of a FPS. This type of jump in and play arcade shooter fits mobile better.

The Laughing Man

On Mac you mean....

Originally Mac only exclusive yes, but it was at least released on the PC as well as Halo 2 then it stopped, If Halo 3 was released on the PC it would have blown sales away.
Yusuf M.

It's a Win8/WP8 title. I was hoping it would be an actual PC game like StarCraft 2. Oh well, I guess I'll never experience Halo on PC. I'm not the only one that reminisces about the Halo: CE days.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LoneWolfSL
      Weekend PC Game Deals: Grab a slice of Star Wars and carve through some zombies
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Weekend PC Game Deals is where the hottest gaming deals from all over the internet are gathered into one place, every week, for your consumption. So kick back, relax, and hold on to your wallets.

Epic Games Store's latest freebie from its weekly promotion is straight from EA's coffers, with Star Wars Battlefront II: Celebration Edition now available to claim for free. Expect some server issues at the moment thanks to the massive player injection though.

The DICE-developed shooter is from the rebooted Battlefront series. Released in 2017, the title comes with a story campaign set around the time of Episode VI - Return of the Jedi as well as a massive amount of multiplayer content. These include co-op missions, 40vs40 head to head rounds, and starfighter-exclusive matches, among many other modes. Moreover, the Celebration Edition arrives with every cosmetic option released for the title.

The Star Wars Battlefront II: Celebration Edition giveaway will last until January 21, which is when Galactic Civilizations III will arrive as the next freebie.

Freebies don't end there, however, as Humble also kicked off a brand new giveaway to mark its winter sale. The store is giving away copies of Bomber Crew, an FTL-like strategy experience that has players operating a bomber and its crew in WWII. You must manage factors like fuel, ammo, and hydraulics of the bomber while also being wary of flak guns, enemy fighters, weather, oxygen levels, and other dangers.

Keep in mind that Humble's stock of Bomber Crew keys may run out before the giveaway's official end, January 17 at 10AM PST, so it's better to grab one quickly.

Free events
      There doesn't seem to be any free events happening on Steam, but Battle.net is picking up the slack this weekend. You can try out Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War's Zombies mode until January 21.

The four-player cooperative mode's Die Maschine and Cranked variants are now available to try out, with the former being the standard experience with a multitude of guns to unlock and secrets to uncover, while the latter is a faster-paced mode that adds a twist where you explode if your zombie slaying speeds slows down.

Big Deals
      Winter sales were all but over until Humble came through with one of its own. We have highlights from that and much more in our big deals list below for this weekend. Moreover, if you head to the official Bandai Namco store before January 17 you can grab a Steam copy of Little Nightmares 2 for free.

Red Dead Redemption 2 – $40.19 on Steam Mafia: Definitive Edition – $29.99 on Steam The Outer Worlds – $29.99 on Steam Need for Speed Heat Deluxe Edition – $20.99 on Steam Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night – $19.99 on Steam XCOM 2 Collection – $19.99 on Humble Store Yooka-Laylee: Buddy Duo Bundle – $16.98 on Steam Darksiders Genesis – $14.99 on Humble Store Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition – $14.99 on Humble Store SUPERHOT VR – $14.99 on Steam Red Matter VR – $14.99 on Steam Moving Out – $12.89 on GreenManGaming Megaquarium – $12.49 on Steam Outward – $11.19 on Fanatical Need for Speed Payback - Deluxe Edition – $10.49 on Steam Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines – $9.99 on Humble Store Kerbal Space Program – $9.99 on Steam The Crew 2 – $9.99 on Steam Nova Drift - Early Access – $8.24 on Steam Vaporum – $7.99 on Steam Supraland – $7.99 on Steam Yakuza Kiwami 2 – $7.49 on Humble Store Far Cry Primal – $7.49 on Steam Tower of Time – $7.49 on Steam Burnout Paradise Remastered – $6.99 on Steam Need for Speed Most Wanted – $6.99 on Steam Hydroneer – $6.99 on Steam 60 Seconds! Reatomized – $6.69 on Steam Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun – $5.99 on Steam Call of Juarez Gunslinger – $5.99 on Steam We Happy Few – $5.39 on Fanatical Bully: Scholarship Edition – $5.24 on Humble Store Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon – $4.49 on Steam Undertale – $4 on Steam Yoku's Island Express – $3.99 on Steam Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered – $3.99 on Humble Store Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Duke Nukem Bundle – $3.64 on Fanatical Dragon Cliff – $3.39 on Steam The Banner Saga 2 – $2.35 on Fanatical FlatOut 2 – $1.99 on Steam Blackwake – $0.99 on Steam Crazy Machines 3 – $0.99 on Steam Bomber Crew – $0 on Humble Store STAR WARS Battlefront II: Celebration Edition – $0 on Epic Store DRM-free Goodness
      As is usually the case, there are some DRM-free games having sales this weekend also, including a specials promotion just for hack and slash games. Check out our highlights:

XCOM 2 - $14.99 on GOG Warcraft I & II Bundle - $12.74 on GOG Sunless Skies - $12.49 on GOG XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack - $9.99 on GOG Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Digital Deluxe Edition - $6.74 on GOG Sunless Sea - $6.45 on GOG Grim Dawn - $6.24 on GOG The Darkside Detective - $5.84 on GOG Costume Quest - $4.99 on GOG Her Story - $4.99 on GOG Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments - $4.49 on GOG The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut - $4.49 on GOG The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - $3.99 on GOG Little Inferno - $3.74 on GOG The Settlers 4: Gold Edition - $3.39 on GOG Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director’s Cut - $2.99 on GOG Star Control I & II - $2.99 on GOG Lords of the Fallen Game of the Year Edition - $2.99 on GOG Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete - $2.49 on GOG Enclave - $2.49 on GOG Sacred Gold - $1.99 on GOG Populous - $1.49 on GOG Deus Ex GOTY Edition - $0.97 on GOG Keep in mind that availability and pricing for some deals may vary depending on the region you're in.

And that is it for our pick of this weekend's PC game deals folks, and hopefully, some of you have enough self-restraint to not add even more games to your growing backlogs. Of course, there is an enormous amount of other deals waiting all over the internet if you comb through it hard enough, so keep your eyes open for those, and have a wonderful weekend.

• By Namerah S
      Hitman 3 headed to Nintendo Switch on January 20
      by Namerah Saud Fatmi

IO Interactive announced Hitman 3, the third and final installment in the World of Assassination series, at the PS5 event back in June 2020. At the time, the stealth shooter was set to land on the PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC in January 2021. A few months later in October, a Nintendo Switch announcement followed suit.

So far, the Danish video game developer had only confirmed the exact release date for the Sony and Microsoft consoles and PC. Today IO announced the specific launch date for the Nintendo Switch as well.

Hitman 3 is scheduled to launch on the exact same date, January 20, 2021, across all the aforementioned gaming platforms. The NS release is going to happen through the cloud.

A lot of details about the upcoming Hitman 3 release have been announced so far. In August it was revealed that the game will be an Epic Games Store exclusive and that owners of the title will be able to import their old data and game locations from Steam. In the same month, IO also detailed the game modes for the January 2021 release.

• By Jay Bonggolto
      Samsung will bake gaming features into its next-gen Neo QLED and QLED TVs
      by Jay Bonggolto

Samsung announced today that its Neo QLED and QLED TVs for this year will feature new gaming capabilities. The company's new TV lineup was introduced earlier this month along with its other premium displays.

The Neo QLED models, in particular, feature Super Ultrawide GameView that's designed to let you choose between the 21:9 or 32:9 aspect ratio when playing a game. This variable aspect ratio is also available on Samsung's new Q70A TV and later models.

These TVs also include a Game Bar where you can check input lag or connect a headset. Samsung promised an immersive audio experience, thanks to the Game Object Tracking Sound feature that enables its QLED TVs "to project audio around the room corresponding with onscreen action" using artificial intelligence.

In addition, the Neo QLED and QLED TVs boast a 4K resolution, a 120Hz refresh rate, and lag time less than 5.8ms. And just like LG's new range of monitors for gamers and creators announced at CES 2021, Samsung's 50-inch Q90A and other QLED TVs with screen sizes 55 inches and larger feature AMD's FreeSync Premium Pro technology for a "true HDR console" experience.

There's no word on when these TV models will be released or how much customers will have to shell out. That said, Younghun Choi, Executive Vice President of Visual Display Business at Samsung, vowed that the new enhancements will "unlock the full power of next-gen gaming" on the premium TVs.

• By Namerah S
      Team Ninja details features of Nioh 2 Complete Edition for PC
      by Namerah Saud Fatmi

Team Ninja launched the action RPG Nioh sequel titled Nioh 2 for the last-gen PlayStation 4 console last year. Two months ago, the video game developer revealed that Nioh 2 would be leaving PlayStation exclusivity by announcing Nioh 2 Complete Edition. The PC version is set to arrive early next month.

Today the game's makers revealed more information about the upcoming PC game on Twitter. Publisher Koei Tecmo shared further details about the features of the upcoming Nioh 2 Complete Edition. A new game trailer highlighting the PC features has also been released.

As per today's announcements, Nioh 2 on PC will support 4K Ultra HD, ultra-wide screens, HDR and a 144Hz screen refresh rate. The game's makers have added complete customizability for mice and keyboards and the game is touted to run at 60fps or 120fps consistently, depending on whether the PC specs are compatible of course.

Nioh 2 Complete Edition for the PC platform is due out February 5, 2021, exclusively on Steam. Pre-orders are currently open and can be placed on Valve's dedicated game store. As a launch promotion, those who buy the Nioh sequel within the initial three weeks after the PC release will get two bonus in-game items, the Sohaya Deserter Garb and Ornate Gold Armour.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Ubisoft delays its extreme sports title Riders Republic
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Ubisoft announced Riders Republic during its latest Forward presentation in September, a brand new multiplayer-focused extreme sports IP by the same Annecy-based team that was responsible for Steep. However, like various other experiences that were originally set for 2021 launches, the game has now been hit with a delay.

While a new launch window was not announced, the development team shared an update on its blog that revealed it won't meet the original February 25, 2021, release plan, only adding that "this additional time will allow our passionate team to deliver the best fun fuelled experience to our players."

Instead of focusing on extreme snow sports like in Steep, the new game is set to offer a much broader experience with biking, skiing, snowboarding, wingsuits, and rocket wingsuits being available at launch. The open-world will meld together various U.S. national parks like Yosemite Valley, Bryce Canyon, and Mammoth Mountain into a single fully explorable map.

Described as a "massively multiplayer" title by Ubisoft, the PC and next-gen console versions will offer races with over 50 players, while the older consoles will support 20-player races. See the original gameplay preview trailer above.

Once the release is back on track, Riders Republic is headed to PC (Uplay and Epic Games Store), Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Google Stadia.