Are you going to install the Windows 8.1 preview?

Are you going to install the Windows 8.1 preview?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to install the Windows 8.1 preview?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but only if it can be upgraded to the final Windows 8.1 release.
    • No, I'm happy with Windows 8 as it is.
    • No, I don't use Windows 8.x and don't plan on it either.

The Windows 8.1 preview is upon us three weeks from now. Time to ask the Neowin community: Are you going to install it?

Personally I plan on installing the 8.1 preview as long as it can be upgraded to Windows 8.1 RTM. Failing that I'll wait for the final release.

Ahh it's another public poll. There was a front page poll similar to this a while back too...

But I think i'll wait and see how 8.1 shapes up in it's final days before jumping into it.

Same, willing to install. Actually, would love to install, as lons as I'm able to upgrade to the full RTM version when it's released.

I'll install it in a VM unless you can then upgrade to the final.

No, happy with Win8 as it currently stands so can wait till final (did try the Win8 Previews though) but am looking forward to the improvements it will bring though (Y)

yes it looks a major improvement, but as others hope its upgradable to RTM

Depends,

Not sure how I go about getting the preview? Will be it available from the store or an ISO

If it's an ISO, how am I going to update my tablet? Can I extract the .WIM and copy it to the recovery partition?

Yes, but only on a test machine. I don't run works-in-progress on my primary desktop, never mind you'll most likely have to reinstall again anyways when it goes gold.

I'm most interested in Windows RT's upgrade ability to 8.1. An RT tablet is a very tempting thing right now, but only if it can be upgraded to 8.1.

MS already stated that Windows 8.1 will be a Free upgrade to current users through the windows 8 app store so this means when the finale is out you would simply just get the latest version from the App and it update i am sure tho if you had to uninstall it that be a easy thing to do then upgrade to the finale RTM version or update

MS already stated that Windows 8.1 will be a Free upgrade to current users through the windows 8 app store so this means when the finale is out you would simply just get the latest version from the App and it update i am sure tho if you had to uninstall it that be a easy thing to do then upgrade to the finale RTM version or update

If it is going to come through the Windows Store then I wonder whether it will be available to MSDN subscribers early as is usually the case. Also, I wonder whether a Windows RT upgrade will/can be made available early via MSDN?

Ill do it on the main client and let group policy do the hard work of deploying programs and settings.

I'm most interested in Windows RT's upgrade ability to 8.1. An RT tablet is a very tempting thing right now, but only if it can be upgraded to 8.1.

it will get the 8.1 update through the windows store.