Are you going to install the Windows 8.1 preview?

Are you going to install the Windows 8.1 preview?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to install the Windows 8.1 preview?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but only if it can be upgraded to the final Windows 8.1 release.
    • No, I'm happy with Windows 8 as it is.
    • No, I don't use Windows 8.x and don't plan on it either.

Nope, don't like Windows 8, though they are heading in the right direction with 8.1 I am still not a fan. Will be sticking with 7.

I will so long as i can upgrade to the final version without any problems.

I'll put it on a spare hard drive, to learn, play around with it.

I also have to be familiar with it.

No, but I will upgrade to it when it's RTM'd.

The day it comes out most likely. I do all my work inside VM's so other than installing Office and connecting to SkyDrive there isn't much more to installing Windows on a new machine for me even if I had to do a clean install.

You need another poll option

"Yes I use windows 8 and don't like it the way it is but I could care less about 8.1 because I want to keep my 3rd party start menu."

No I'm sticking with Windows 7 until 8.2 reintroduces the start menu.

and that wont ever happen since oh guess what the start screen is the start menu like it has been siad many times the windows 8 start screen does everything the old classic start menu did and more and now with windows 8.1 it does even more then the windows 8 version

Looking to try the preview on Surface!

Yup, but in a VM only. Will upgrade directly to the RTM version on my computers.

I'm diving in. It looks to bring some new improvements, and besides, only takes me about an hour to re-install and set everything up thanks to most of my stuff being portable apps.

Yeah, I'll be installing it. I like being on the cutting edge of technology and was using Windows 8 as my primary OS from the Consumer Preview onwards (I ran the Developer Preview as a secondary OS as it had too many compatibility issues).

I'll update to the final 8.1 only. I don't want a preview as my main OS.

Can't see why, as it brings bugger all to desktop users... it's rather pointless, and ms seeks to attempt to fool us into thinking that it has paid attention to the masses....

I will however, surely enjoy sitting back and watching the show...

The Windows 8.1 preview is upon us three weeks from now. Time to ask the Neowin community: Are you going to install it?

Personally I plan on installing the 8.1 preview as long as it can be upgraded to Windows 8.1 RTM. Failing that I'll wait for the final release.

I have a Windows 8 Pro VM (Server 2012 side) and dual-boot, so I will likely upgrade one or both to the Preview. My hardware situation will be changing during the summer, so a complete re-do (both OSes) will be a mandatory in any case (upgrading from Q6600 CPU and G41 chipset->i5-4670K and Z87 chipset - Z87 supports AHCI; G41 does not). If I add an SSD to the mix, the redo will be painless (my current boot drive will demote to storage-only)