Are you going to install the Windows 8.1 preview?

Are you going to install the Windows 8.1 preview?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to install the Windows 8.1 preview?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but only if it can be upgraded to the final Windows 8.1 release.
    • No, I'm happy with Windows 8 as it is.
    • No, I don't use Windows 8.x and don't plan on it either.

Naw, I'm on windows 7 now due to some files needed for this move I'm in. But when I get to where I'm going and settled, I'm looking to install a Linux Distro exclusively.

I'm, also researching ReactOS as well. I'm really trying to peel myself away from being exclusively MS.

I am going going to install it in a virtual machine as soon as it is released and leave 8 installed as my main OS. When 8.1 final comes out, I'll upgrade for good.

Only if System Image Recovery feature makes a comeback. It seems like Microsoft has dropped it since 8.1 betas which were leaked.

Will play with it virtually but won't install until the final 8.1 is available.

i voted the last 'No' answer, because i don't think i will, but i'm still not sure. I still have my old win8 dev preview partition, so i might install it over that... I'm not going to decide until i read more about the desktop side of it.

(Yes, i'm one of the people who didn't like the new start screen.)

It'll probably mess with Start8 so I'll either wait for some type of update or...yeah, I'll just do that. :p

I've run W8 since the DP in 2011 as my main OS at home with no regrets.

If it turns out to be unstable, or has a bug I can't live with, I'll just have to take 20 minutes and restore this current OS from a backup. Given the history of W8 previews (in my experience) I don't think that will be likely though.

I'm looking forward to more tile sizes and better Modern app multitasking support.

Yes, it may actually make it a usable OS. My family are going to stay with previous versions which means I wasted my money on so many upgrades. I do hope 8.1 works for me as a desktop user.