Is Chromium more private than Chrome ?

I know this is an old image, but

searchsuggestions.png

I believe that without logging in with your account, the services you use from google are:

- search bar autocompletion / search suggestions (can be turned off)

- default search engine (can be changed)

- URL checker for malware and the likes

- URL errors (I think it performs a google search , offers you a cached version etc)

That's it. Not sure if chromium uses any of these.

Other things such as saving your history, your searches, etc... only happen if you're logged in with your google account (in chrome, I doubt chromium even has this).

With regards to...?

Google has tracking in all its products . But Chromium is open source . So they couldn't have included tracking in it . So it is more private ? or not ?

According to Wikipedia, one of the items added to Chromium to make it Google Chrome is "An opt-in option for users to send Google their usage statistics and crash reports." So it could be argued that Chromium is more private.

However, if privacy is important to you, you're better off using a third party mod like SRWare Iron.

Pfft.

Just stick with Chrome or Chromium. (Of the two, I use the latter)

But let's face it, the browser isn't what you should be worried about when it comes to privacy.

I use google chrome, I don't sign in, and I turned off all the google services in settings, it's now as private as any other browser

post-105752-0-06794500-1370780313.png