I feel like the same things were probably said five or ten or twenty years ago about patch sizes then. That said they do seem peculiarly large. I personally don't care, but it does seem odd.

Definitely not a deal breaker by any means, but as you say odd. What the hell did they forget that's 7GB?

EDIT: can we assume it's just the usual "let's put the DLC in there why not then charge them for the activation code"?

You can have Nazi's without nazi symobology. no matter what the symbol is everyone recognizes a nazi anyway. 

Yes, we all knew what those Helghast were actually supposed to be :rofl:

I wonder what the state of the game will be for anyone who doesn't have the internet  :/

Probably something like Dead Rising 3 recently? Not DLC ready? If there really are 50GB on the disc it can't possibly be graphics or audio or something like that, it has to be DLC

Doesn't bother me one bit, as I will be buying it from xbox live

• Like 2

LOL Machine Games really have it in for Germans, must be some lingering resentment. Did The Darkness not do well in Germany or something? :laugh:

Anyway, just kidding, really awesome trailer, dude in gas mask casually steps on sunflower...then shoots wounded gas attack victim who's crawling on the ground in the head. Maybe it was merciful....

We all knew patches like this were coming. You pretty much have to expect it now.

We all knew patches like this were coming. You pretty much have to expect it now.

This is true, stuff is so dynamic now that from "going gold" to going on your drive the devs add so much stuff there's no getting around these patches. They're not even patches anymore, they're like mini games growing out of the main game, like Kuato in Total Recall..."open your hard drive....open your hard drive..."

Kuato.png

At this rate we'll only be able to fit like 5 games on our consoles.

No, most of the patches files will overwrite existing files so the overall original install won't get much larger.

No, most of the patches files will overwrite existing files so the overall original install won't get much larger.

You have source that says this or just guessing?

You have source that says this or just guessing?

Past experience with past day one patches.

Basically Max Payne 3 was one of the first games that started all of this bull. First when rockstar released the system req. I was "WTF IS THIS?!" and then the first day patch came, I was about to tear my own hair out. But I guess we'll be seeing more and more of this.

So if you replace swastikas with some other sharp edged symbol the game is suddenly bad.

in that case, I'd say it was a bad game to start with.

Strange how the first and second Wolfensteins, including censoring, where so immensely popular in Germany.

I'm hoping I might receive wolfenstein today. ShopTo dispatched yesterday by first class so unless they were lying it should be in the post today. Maybe.

I ache for the day when developers release a game that is finished so we get no more damn bug fixing patches. 
I would rather wait 6 months then get a game early riddled with bugs that needs such ridiculous  5GB+ day-one patches.

You have to remember that the Nazis brought it on themselves. A lot of games treat Nazis as almost an entire race in and of themselves rather than blanket 'Germans'.

After what happened there is no way their usage as enemies in games can be seen as racism.

It is also important to remember that the Nazi party was the minority party, and they ruled and came to power through fear, intimidation, and murder. They eliminated all opposition.

Many german citizens saved many lives at risk to their own and their families, and their stories will be untold. Once a dictatorship like that is in place, it's difficult to judge those who don't fight against said regime. That is difficult to judge. There is a human instinct to survive and protect your families and children, so once evil is in power ... they are hard to unseat.

Plus, Nazi's were able to evolve their ideology so far uninterrupted because of support and being modeled after similar beliefs in the US (American Racism, Eugenesis. Hitler had the support of Joe Kennedy, the Rockefellers, Henry Ford and many other powerful Americans) and Russia (Marxism, the part that believed lower classes should be exterminated to allow the superior classes to prosper). Before the Nazi's invaded Russia, Russia starved what, over 7 million lower class people to make room for the upper classes to prosper? The prison camps Russia liberated were not shut down, Russia filled them and used them for the same purpose for many years after the war. Most pictures you see of bodies being removed, are Russia removing them to make room for their prisoners.

It's not racism, or nationalism, it's good vs. evil. Thus the world will never tire of killin', stabbin', stranglin' Nazis. And I think that is a good thing.

• Like 3

Looking forward to picking the game on on Tuesday, and even better is it looks like I will be extending my upcoming holiday weekend by taking Thursday & Friday off as well, so should get some quality time playing the game I am hoping. :yes:

• Like 1

SPACE NAZIS!

Precisely, except in Shadowfall Guerilla showed their true faces...and made the space nazis very sympathetic all of a sudden. Perhaps guilt after slaughtering them by the hundreds for over a decade!