Official - Xbox One Needs To Connect To The Net Every 24Hrs For Gaming

That's the same bull**** response that got that dude fired.

Why should I need an internet connection to play single player games? One of the first things I would turn to when my connection goes down, is my console.

It's just DRM, and it's ********.

Yep it's crazy that they would impliment something that just plain isn't required! Does this mean that I can't take it to a hotel with me or to a caravan without internet? I want to play my games that I've purchased, I shouldn't need to remind Microsoft that I've purchased them every 24 hours.

The rumours are on NeoGAF, I don't have time to seek them out and these are from industry insiders who fear for their job, but I don't expect you to believe them because Microsoft isn't beating it into your face with a big stick.

You can download them if you don't have the disk only if you pay for gold. I expect you still have to have the disk in should you only have non pay service. That's assuming there even is a silver tier, rumours are there is a pay service or no service.

The developer already got paid by the publisher to make the game, the money you pay at the store gets split up and the publisher takes the lions share. So all this reselling stuff is a non-issue, Microsoft are using it as a trojan horse for much worse DRM.

Mark my words, $299 console with $10 a month service or no access to all the digital games and sharing stuff, no pay have to have the disc in the drive even if its stored on HDD.

Wow so much wrong in one post.

firstly there has been NO rumors, official or unofficial about the requirements for family sharing. There has only been some rumor speculants like you trying to start rumors. But nothing even NeoGaf worthy, and I use theat term very lightly as when it comes to the Xbox One, NeoGaf has proven how worthless their rumor mill is. you're not reliable because 1-2 rumors posted there turns out "somewhat" true, when the 99 other rumors aren't even close.

As for having to have the disk in if you don't have gold, you mean like how you need to have gold to pay your digital download games on XBOX today ? oh wait, no you don't. ALL the game are Digital Downloads, the disk is just a pre-download. The game is treated like any other digital download you own. the disk is merely a delivery method for the key and download, it has no other use. Honestly think about it.

The developer got paid their base price. but that's a somewhat ignorant claim as it ignores several factors, two of which are

- The publishers paid for the whole development, they are the one who bankrolled it. the game wouldn't exist without them. of course they take the brunt of the money. They are also the ones who decide based on this income whether they're going to risk making a sequel or more awesome games like this. whether the risk into a new original game was worth it and if they'll risk more original games. If they don't make money on the game, well then they'll go right back to making another CoD.

- Your argument is false to start with. Developers get paid on commision depending on how well the game does. this varies form contract to contract. the only developers who don't get paid extra are studios that are part of the publishers, and then the publisher IS the developer so they still get paid for it. Look at the whole Infinity Ward CoD debacle where activision didn't pay the bonus to the developers. If it's an independent studio using a publisher only as a publisher, they get their fair share of the sales as well.

Yep it's crazy that they would impliment something that just plain isn't required! Does this mean that I can't take it to a hotel with me or to a caravan without internet? I want to play my games that I've purchased, I shouldn't need to remind Microsoft that I've purchased them every 24 hours.

But it IS required if you want all the other benefits that come with it, which we do.

How many games do you play at once where getting up off your ass is such a chore?

As much as I am against the new restrictions, playing a game without a disc is a nice feature that I enjoy on Xbox 360 today. I got a GoD version of Halo:Reach with my 360S and once I downloaded it, I could easily swap between a game in the drive and Reach. It's much easier with XBLA titles already so having that work with ALL of my games is definitely a plus.

Fun fact: I already had Reach on a regular disc and gave it to my nephew with my old Xbox. This is something I wouldn't be able to do with xb1 easily (new account, less than 30days on my friends list etc.)

We'll see.

So according to your made up rumor. how does the guy who bought the identical Digital download on demand version play when his live subscription runs out ?

that's besides the fact that it would be illegal for them to demand a live subscription to play your game anyway.

rumours are there is a pay service or no service.

I find it hard to believe as there is good 40-50% non-gold/non-live users of Xbox 360. I wouldn't take everything on NeoGAF seriously given it has turned into a honeypot of XB1 hate (whole reddit fiasco that made reddit mods show up a clarify that MS didn't do any schilling on reddit).

Fun fact: I already had Reach on a regular disc and gave it to my nephew with my old Xbox. This is something I wouldn't be able to do with xb1 easily (new account, less than 30days on my friends list etc.)

Actually you would. since you gave it with your old xbox, it's already tied to that console.

Actually you would. since you gave it with your old xbox, it's already tied to that console.

we are geographically separated (me US, him India), he has a minor account and I ended up removing that console from my account because he started playing Reach MP on my account :laugh: (something he is not allowed to play because he is just 13).