Woman attempts diet of water, sunlight for 6 months

SEATTLE, Wash. ? A Seattle woman is attempting to live without food. :huh:

Navenna Shine is calling her experiment ?Living on Light.?

?This is a paradigm for living in which we as human beings do not have to ingest any kind of food whatsoever into our stomachs in order to thrive,? Shine said.

Shine says her experiment is an attempt to follow an obscure group of yogis called The Breatharians, who for thousands of years have claimed they have the ability to live on light alone.

Thursday marks Shine?s 33rd day without food, although she has lost more than 20 pounds.

Shine is attempting to go as long as six months without eating.

She has placed eight cameras in her home to prove she isn?t cheating on her experiment.

https://www.facebook...5858808?fref=ts

source

I bet she'll look fondly back on her experiment after her body has irreversibly "eaten" most of her muscle mass and she's no longer able to walk and do most normal things unaided.

• Like 6

While I believe it is possible for the body to go without food or water for extended periods of time in a state of deep meditation, maintaining any kind of regular life without food or water for six months is another matter entirely.

Living in Seattle and she plans on living on sunlight? I used to live there, and she'd better plan on moving south if she wants to find sunlight for 6 months straight.

• Like 4

While I believe it is possible for the body to go without food or water for extended periods of time in a state of deep meditation, maintaining any kind of regular life without food or water for six months is another matter entirely.

Forget that, maintaining muscle without food or water for extended periods of time is impossible. People forget the heart is a muscle and protein is used to create antibodies. It also weighs much more than fat so she probably does think the diet is working well. Idiots.

makes you wonder why there is so much starvation in the world (especially African countries) where they have tons of sunlight

^ I think there is a spiritual aspect where you must use your mind to 'channel' the sunlight properly.

No I have not studied The Breatharians.

Living on light

One of the two types of breatharians I found, are those who live on light.

Light: Light is the complete matter from which all matter originates and exists within. Light contains all colors, colors are the smallest auric aspects of any type of matter or atom, these in turn are everything that exists including nutrition and our body.

Requirement 1: For a person to live on light, there are a number or requirements. When a person is in denial of an aspect of themselves, their energy flow is blocked. Denial creates these blockages. A person who knows who they are, and accepts who they are, has no blockages or denials and gets an active energy flow (very rare). The person's aura becomes white. The white light is now flowing in the body. Being all of who one is, is a requirement.

Requirement 2: Consciousness of who one is makes the DNA active and magnetic. And so, when any part of the body, eg. blood cells or hair, needs to be built, and there is the need of body material, the DNA pulls from the light that now flows in the body, the colors which will manifest the required body material. There is instant manifestation of the body.

The breatharian: This kind of breatharian lives of life alone. The person does not eat, does not drink. There is never any hunger or thirst. Sleep is for only a few hours at night. This breatharian has never ending energy. Ageing is stopped and reversed. A breatharian with active DNA is immortal.

http://www.angelfire.com/stars3/breathe_light/types.html

makes you wonder why there is so much starvation in the world (especially African countries) where they have tons of sunlight

but not much water....

This is stupid even cold blooded animals need food... I just finished full metal alchemist and it goes on about equivalent exchange... if your body is hurt you need to replace or fix what ever is hurt... there is no protien in water... there is no protein in sun light ... unless she can turn water and sunlight in to carbohydrate she will be very ill... people like this make me mad...of course she will live... but she is going to **** her self up majorly... I agree with the premis more sunlight less food needed because it allows you to take in warmth from another source fine... but to lay there all day you are still going to need atleast 500 calories just for body repair... there is so much science behind this that I want to go into ... but ...its 4am... I need to join a science chat room... i dont get big debates on biology any more :(

perhaps with protein reinforced waters, vitamin reinforced waters, fat reinforced waters, minerals reinforced waters?

... where did i see that . . . . . . . ah the IV drips.

i thought you could do this only after decades of self discipline and austerities under guidance of a guru and not just get up one day and decide to do it randomly!! this wont end well...

Wow, what a nutjob. There are some really stupid people in this world.

i thought you could do this only after decades of self discipline and austerities under guidance of a guru and not just get up one day and decide to do it randomly!! this wont end well...

If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you.

• Like 2

If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you.

im just trying not to make fun of her. as far as i know breatharianism is not yoga it was created by some black dude sitting cozily in his basement. lol

The real answer is that we grow enough food to feed the world twice over, it's the way food is distributed that leads to hunger. But that's for another topic to discuss.