• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Internet Bog!!!!

Question

XChrome    9

For the past couple of days my data light on my Toshiba cable modem has been blinking non stop. I installed A firewall and in one day there was one ip tha did either a udp or a tcp/ip scan over 1000 times. I had about 15 others in the 300 range and over 100 at 50 or less. My speed is slower and some web sites I lockup on or have to refresh over and over again to get to load. So is ther another Code-Red? Or is it something that only effects the @Home/Cox.Net network? Also where I never lost connection to a Quake3 server or RtCW I am losing my connection about every 3 min and getting fragged. So whats up and where is the news about it?

4 answers to this question

Timan    554

u know wat same here. but i think its cause of my isp changing from @CRAP to cox.net

XChrome    9

I would agree except that does not explain all the udp and tcp/ip scans comming in. The last time I recorded activity like this was during the code red worm.

MxxCon    0

do you have static or dynamic ip?

if dynamic try getting new ip and see if those scans.

if you want to mess around a bit, consider installing SNORT. it's one of the best IDS around. it was originaly coded for *nix but there's win32 version, so config and use will be a bit messy. there are some decent windows frontends for it you could try.

it will show you alot more detailed info then just "udp or a tcp/ip scan".

Vlad    12

Unplug your cable modem and call your isp, tell them someone is doing a denial of service attack on your computer. Last I heard they're still illegal.