Microsoft E3 - Xbox: A new Generation of Games Revealed

69 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be watching/reading live?

2. 2. What is your general impression pre-conference?

• Waiting for E3
    • Like what I've seen/heard so far
    • Don't like what I've seen/heard
  3. 3. What is your general impression post-conference?

• Buying on day 1
    • Like it but won't buy on day 1
    • Don't like it but may buy eventually
    • Hate it

From what i know of Twitch it's mostly girls showing their breasts while playing games.

As one that watches Twitch streams whenever he can to learn more about the game I'm interested in and just for fun, I wish that was true :(

I was surprised to see Insomniac there. Not sure what to think of their new game.

It looks awesome i think. Now we just need to see it in action on the floor hope it's gonna be playable.

From what i know of Twitch it's mostly girls showing their breasts while playing games.

I guess you get what you're looking for ;)

never seen girls showing breasts while gaming though.

While we didn't get any info about the game Black Tusk is working on from the trailer it seems to have a stealth vibe to it, so if that's true then it's a instant buy from me as well. I like anything with stealth where I can take my time and not be forced into what the game thinks my pace should be.

With all the titles MS is making themselves and sponsoring as well as the 11 EA titles. the launch title lineup for the Xbox one is going to be massive. meanwhile my poor Wii U even after all this time doesn't have half as many games as the One will have on launch... EA alone pretty much killed the console. oh well, it'll still get the Nintendo games. I would rather play these next gen games on the One anyway.

With all the titles MS is making themselves and sponsoring as well as the 11 EA titles. the launch title lineup for the Xbox one is going to be massive. meanwhile my poor Wii U even after all this time doesn't have half as many games as the One will have on launch... EA alone pretty much killed the console. oh well, it'll still get the Nintendo games. I would rather play these next gen games on the One anyway.

Most of those EA titles aren't next gen, they're cross gen.

Think this author has got it spot on: http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/the-uninspired-lineup-of-xbox-one-6409579/

So ? it's not the same game. the next gen versions run the Frostbite and ignite engines at a completely different level with different resources.

the old gen games won't have the advanced AI's and movements, the soft body dynamics and all that. and pretty much only the EA sports games are cross gen and as I Said. they mostly only share graphical similarities and gameplay similarities, while they're similar one is next gen the other is not, same as last console launch. while the games where released for both old and new, they where decidedly different games.

Think this author has got it spot on: http://uk.gamespot.c...ox-one-6409579/

Wow... shunned core gamers, pre-rendered... yeah he sure got it all spot on :rolleyes:

Wow... shunned core gamers, pre-rendered... yeah he sure got it all spot on :rolleyes:

You didn't read the article did you? Either that or you lack the necessary comprehension skills to understand what was written.

The Division on Ubisoft was awesome, the whole concept was great with open world multiplayer, and the graphics. the volumetric smoke that actually volumetrically reflected light internally alone raised the bar for game graphics. and took it into a more believable level . I'm a sucker for such small seemingly minor things that ultimately are what adds to the reality, like the dynamic way the characters move instead of just simple walk animations, like the player closing the slightly open car door are he moved along.

Xmas and 2014 s going to be awesome for gamers, with MS, EA and Ubisofts game launches. and we still have some other slightly smaller publishers giving us some predictable stuff.

I'm almost all the way through the Xbox briefing and I'm actually a lot more excited for Xbox One now. Lot of new exclusives and some sequels to games I've not played that look fantastic. Might be an expensive holiday after all...

You don't watch very many twitch streams then do you? There are the obvious attention ###### like you said, but then there are some great channels like Lethalfrag and Man vs Game.

The Division on Ubisoft was awesome, the whole concept was great with open world multiplayer, and the graphics. the volumetric smoke that actually volumetrically reflected light internally alone raised the bar for game graphics. and took it into a more believable level . I'm a sucker for such small seemingly minor things that ultimately are what adds to the reality, like the dynamic way the characters move instead of just simple walk animations, like the player closing the slightly open car door are he moved along.

Xmas and 2014 s going to be awesome for gamers, with MS, EA and Ubisofts game launches. and we still have some other slightly smaller publishers giving us some predictable stuff.

I loved it too, until I didn't hear that it will be released on PC too. But at least the next thing that got my attention (The Crew) will, so there's something.

MS knows The Division will be a multiplatform and Sony may even show it off at their E3 tonight. Too bad, if MS could showed it off with exclusive annoucement then MS would be in a great spot.

I'm almost all the way through the Xbox briefing and I'm actually a lot more excited for Xbox One now. Lot of new exclusives and some sequels to games I've not played that look fantastic. Might be an expensive holiday after all...

Really? :huh:

Pretty sure its not being made by Rare.

Rare are making a new Kinect sports game lol.

Get an emulator and play the old KI's, no way rare did this, the look/feel of the old games seems more next gen that this IMO. I'm not sure what kind of video/fmv/animation they used for those games but it was awesome.

Some advise for Microsoft... or they will DIE for sure!!!!!!!

1) Please step back from these FPS games. I know they are popular, but they shouldn't ever forget their other gamers! That's the dumbest thing they done. I personally couldn't give a rat's ass about Call of Duty and Halo. Ugh

Focus more on the Adventure/RPG games like Kameo, Conker, Jade Empire, Knights of The Old Republic, Oblivion/Skyrim, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Syberia, Dreamfall, Fallout 3 etc that actually made Xbox a past winner to me.

2) Making sure TV series/Video Game intergration like Quantum Break is actually an AMAZING/JAW-DROPPING game that's on the level of The Last Of Us! And make more that is more action packed!

3) Maybe offer HBO on Xbox Live for a small price, so Game of Thrones fans can watch it without cable subscription

4) KILL the ideas of DRM, and let people play used games. No restrictions please!

5)Offer 10 FREE Xbox 360 games with the Xbox One console purchase

Was at work while this was going on and didn't get home until almost an hour into Sony's conference. Waiting for HD downloads of all the pressers so I can watch them in good quality. As of right now it's looking like I'll be waiting on a price drop before I even consider picking up the X1.

Was at work while this was going on and didn't get home until almost an hour into Sony's conference. Waiting for HD downloads of all the pressers so I can watch them in good quality. As of right now it's looking like I'll be waiting on a price drop before I even consider picking up the X1.

I assume you already knew PS4 is only $399

I assume you already knew PS4 is only $399

"Only" and you now have to pay for online AND that is for the lowest model- bare bones PS4.

"Only" and you now have to pay for online AND that is for the lowest model- bare bones PS4.

They announced other models for the PS4? I thought there was only one version of it? (at least so far)