PlayStation's E3 Press Conference Tonight at 6PM Pacific/9PM Eastern

Lol pretty funny. I heard people said it crashed onstage (I personally didn't see it) but thatwwould beccrazy if true. Sounds like your console of choice is having issues just months away away from launch. Let's see how that plays out.

Did see the video, it was during the live play of AC4.

Did see the video, it was during the live play of AC4.

It didn't crash (as far as we saw), it froze several times before being cut during the longest one (a cutscene). While frame drops/freezes/crashes are bad during a conference, I wouldn't pay too much attention to them. One can't expect the drivers and the unfinished software to be perfect at this stage. I'm just glad I saw a little naval combat before they cut the feed.

Since when UK is an Xbox dominated country? The only country dominated by Xbox is US. In Europe playstation is the king, like in Asia.

Since pretty much always. UK has been one of the best market for the XBox brand.

That crash was on the EA conference. I just watched it so, I should know.

They had problem with BF4 in the MS press conference too. It took then around 2 minutes to start the demo. I think they got stuck in a loading screen for a while and then decided to reboot after some time cause it was not working.

No DRM only applies for disc based games. Its also again not as big of a deal to most of the market as you would love to think.

24 hours phone home is bigger for lot more people than you might think.

If I can't get a trophy for buying at launch, I'm waiting for a price drop.

Lair 4K Trophy Edition.

I don't think we have seen Microsoft's complete hand about Indie devs. Build 2013 should reveal more.

Absolutely. And with a PC ecosystem to back those indie games (they could be Windows 8 + Windows RT + Windows Phone compatible too with very little work needed to port), I think it's silly to think Sony has the upper hand here.

The PS4 is clearly in a better position for indie gaming, because Sony does not have a publisher-wall for indie developers. Microsoft might have better dev tools, but that means nothing if those devs need to scratch and claw their way into a publisher's good graces just to get their game released.

The PS4 is clearly in a better position for indie gaming, because Sony does not have a publisher-wall for indie developers. Microsoft might have better dev tools, but that means nothing if those devs need to scratch and claw their way into a publisher's good graces just to get their game released.

Build 2013 will supposedly reveal details on self publishing on Xbox One, bringing the app store model to Xbox. That's the rumor at least (from non-gaming sources).

Build 2013 will supposedly reveal details on self publishing on Xbox One, bringing the app store model to Xbox. That's the rumor at least (from non-gaming sources).

Well if that's the case, then the consoles are practically the same from an indie-developer perspective. But I think Sony has better karma with them and gamers at this point. I guess we'll have to wait and see if that makes a difference in the long run.

Well if that's the case, then the consoles are practically the same from an indie-developer perspective. But I think Sony has better karma with them and gamers at this point. I guess we'll have to wait and see if that makes a difference in the long run.

Yup, this month is lots of news every week, last week will be Build 2013.

logos.png

so if Microsoft becomes the publisher for indie devs?

so if Microsoft becomes the publisher for indie devs?

That is what caused issues this gen.

Has anyone noticed that neowin replaced the stars ratings in the forums with Xbox ones? :no:

what issue are you talking about?

Go watch indie game the movie. Microsoft are ridiculously hard to work with and they didn't even allow free to play games on xbl. Plus the cost to update games is stupid high.

Do you xboxers just shut your eyes and plug your ears when negativity hits the Internet.?

Go watch indie game the movie. Microsoft are ridiculously hard to work with and they didn't even allow free to play games on xbl. Plus the cost to update games is stupid high.

Do you xboxers just shut your eyes and plug your ears when negativity hits the Internet.?

they didn't allow free to play? then how come I downloaded a couple free games with multiplayer, (free to play you mean ad supported?)

I knew they charged a lot of money to update games, but isnt' that because the devs didn't really have a "publisher", so they had to come up with the cost themselves?

I don't know how hard Microsoft was to work with, I've never tried submitting a game to them. but seeing that they got more experience with apps and games for windows phone I can only guess that they will be more open to devs this time around.

and whats with the snarky "you xboxers...." was that needed? don't act like a child. I would want to guess that we're all grown people here....unless you're actually a child.

they didn't allow free to play? then how come I downloaded a couple free games with multiplayer, (free to play you mean ad supported?)

I knew they charged a lot of money to update games, but isnt' that because the devs didn't really have a "publisher", so they had to come up with the cost themselves?

I don't know how hard Microsoft was to work with, I've never tried submitting a game to them. but seeing that they got more experience with apps and games for windows phone I can only guess that they will be more open to devs this time around.

and whats with the snarky "you xboxers...." was that needed? don't act like a child. I would want to guess that we're all grown people here....unless you're actually a child.

Free to play on xbox live? Which ones?

Um no.

BF4 crashed at the Microsoft conference running on XB1.

I watched the Microsoft conference and it wasn't there. It was at the E3 conference so you are wrong, but you already knew that.

I watched the Microsoft conference and it wasn't there. It was at the E3 conference so you are wrong, but you already knew that.

Sorry, but I saw the crash too at the Microsoft conference. I think you're mistaken.

I couldn't even watch the EA conference since I was at work...

Edit: Video, starting around the 30 second mark.

No DRM only applies for disc based games. Its also again not as big of a deal to most of the market as you would love to think. The extra $100 is with it easily. You get free games with XBL starting next month. And ,oh, we get plenty of excellent looking exclusive titles. We also carry our entire games library everywhere without having to drag discs around, can share it with 10 people, and can still buy and sell used games. I know I'll enjoy it. I also really like the integration with TV services and everything that'll be enhanced in that regard, as well as their partnership with the NFL.

Excellent looking does NOT equate great gameplay!

Free to play on xbox live? Which ones?

games like Aegis wing, happy wars, Doritos crash course 1 and 2, hexic, harms way and some others I had downloaded and played.

games like Aegis wing, happy wars, Doritos crash course 1 and 2, hexic, harms way and some others I had downloaded and played.

Crapware doesnt count.

Plus weren't half of those from promotions?

Crapware doesnt count.

Plus weren't half of those from promotions?

Crash Course 1 & 2 are far from crap ware. They are excellent games for what they offer.