2 hours ago, PGHammer said:

The GTX770Ti (Kepler) may be an issue - are you considering either Maxwell 2.0 (GTX9xx) or Pascal (next GPU up) as downstream upgrades?  (I have GTX550Ti - Fermi, which is even older - and I have both on the radar.)

i had a evga 550ti SC but but gave it away when i upgraded to the 770

i'll probably just not the play the game if they dont fix it.

btw, alot of people with the same card were having the same issue a month ago on that beta

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/43auvk/the_division_drivers_crashing_constantly/

probably still are but after this i didn't feel the need to search anymore.
It's nice for radeon users though to finally have a game that handles their cards better than geforce for a change.

Hopefully they'll have it resolved by game release, i don't they are just going to lose gamers who don't want to downgrade or upgrade cards to a slightly older or newer model.

36 minutes ago, blank said:

Hopefully they'll have it resolved by game release, i don't they are just going to lose gamers who don't want to downgrade or upgrade cards to a slightly older or newer model.

NV is bundling the game so it'd be rather weird if crash issues on NV were still an issue at launch.

14 minutes ago, randomevent said:

NV is bundling the game so it'd be rather weird if crash issues on NV were still an issue at launch.

However, the bundle is with their Maxwell 2.0 series (specifically, GTX960 and up) - that in and of itself should be a Rather Large Hint.

If you are NOT thinking in terms of 4K (I'm not, as the idea of a desktop that tall is way too scary to suit me), the GTX960 in 2GB trim (while you can get them) makes a ton of sense for those of us on Fermi abd Kepler 2GB GPUs - let alone anything worse that requires two 6-pin power feeds.

52 minutes ago, Dinggus said:

Just curious, why are you still in this thread if you don't like the game?

Probably just not that much else to talk about lately, it happens.

It's going to be really hard for me to not get way ahead of my friend I'll be playing with, since he works full time.  Heh :)

1 hour ago, Dinggus said:

Because not only are people that like the game allowed to comment on it, but people who dislike the game can comment on it also. That's how the internet works.

3 hours ago, PGHammer said:

However, the bundle is with their Maxwell 2.0 series (specifically, GTX960 and up) - that in and of itself should be a Rather Large Hint.

If you are NOT thinking in terms of 4K (I'm not, as the idea of a desktop that tall is way too scary to suit me), the GTX960 in 2GB trim (while you can get them) makes a ton of sense for those of us on Fermi abd Kepler 2GB GPUs - let alone anything worse that requires two 6-pin power feeds.

960 seemed like junk when I looked at the benches.  I guess if you feel the need to upgrade to NV from several gens back it might be worthwhile but I wasn't impressed.

11 hours ago, theyarecomingforyou said:

the cover system is clunky and it's easy to find yourself jumping out into the open.

As for the new cover system I love it.  I no longer need to be extremely precise if I want to get somewhere in the middle of a firefight, just tell it to go over that way and stop holding when I'm where I wanted to go.

Obviously different if you don't like cover games in the first place, but it's an improvement over the usual IMO.

I did feel the game had slightly better controls on the controller at some points, like the rappelling in the elevator shaft was single button rather than hook up and go down...but that's hardly even worth complaining about.

I'd like to see more of the enemy groups.  Not that the early ones being generic is any surprise, but it's hard to say how much variety they'll have.

2 hours ago, xendrome said:

Because not only are people that like the game allowed to comment on it, but people who dislike the game can comment on it also. That's how the internet works.

Got it, but you've mentioned your dislike for the game throughout the thread.

10 hours ago, Dinggus said:

because people who don't like RPG style games apparently need to bash in this thread about how boring these RPG games are and that they are boring shooters when they're not shooters...

11 hours ago, PGHammer said:

NVidia pretty much only bundles new expensive games with their top range cards. if they bundle games at all with lower end cards, it's games that don't sell to well or aren't expected to sell to well but but are still "made for nvidia"

So I played around in the Dark Zone for about an hour yesterday and still not 100% of the point.

I get that it's PvP and there's a better chance for getting rarer loot but is there an objective? You can wonder around and pick up credits and bits of loot from crates, there seemed to be an element of random encounters with enemies that seemed tougher than the PvE encounters outside of the Dark Zone. If you wondered into the subway by yourself, you were killed instantly :p You can loot other players and turn yourself rougue. 

Are there any missions? or specific targets? MP Modes? (death matches etc)

Also just had a read through some of the previous posts and anyone know if that drone/tablet/companion app is still happening?

I quite enjoyed the single player and think that could give some decent playtime, still not 100% sure about the Dark Zone stuff. May wait until I see some reviews but this one's on my radar. 

16 hours ago, randomevent said:

960 seemed like junk when I looked at the benches.  I guess if you feel the need to upgrade to NV from several gens back it might be worthwhile but I wasn't impressed.

As for the new cover system I love it.  I no longer need to be extremely precise if I want to get somewhere in the middle of a firefight, just tell it to go over that way and stop holding when I'm where I wanted to go.

Obviously different if you don't like cover games in the first place, but it's an improvement over the usual IMO.

I did feel the game had slightly better controls on the controller at some points, like the rappelling in the elevator shaft was single button rather than hook up and go down...but that's hardly even worth complaining about.

I'd like to see more of the enemy groups.  Not that the early ones being generic is any surprise, but it's hard to say how much variety they'll have.

The GTX960 is targeting those that passed on GT/GTX7xx - and priced accordingly.  (Some of us don't have that many dollars and/or have greater sense than to spend $250US or more on a GPU - a GTX960 in 2GB trim supports darn-near no-excuses 1080p in any game - provided the rest of your PC is up to spec - while staying sub-$200USD, even retail.)  Even the power requirements are still in Fermi/Kepler turf - typically a single 6-pin for reference designs such as MSI's single-blower version I have my own eye on. (Also, there IS the reality that I don't have to make any driver changes - as long as I'm running the current Game Ready Driver - and I typically am, as I'm curious as to whether nV will actually do what they said they would and bring DX12 to Fermi - at worst, DX12, and Vulkan, are a GPU swap away; Maxwell 2.0 supports both today in the same Game Ready Driver I'm running today - as does original Maxwell and Kepler.)

7 hours ago, HawkMan said:

NVidia pretty much only bundles new expensive games with their top range cards. if they bundle games at all with lower end cards, it's games that don't sell to well or aren't expected to sell to well but but are still "made for nvidia"

And have we seen SRP for The Division?  If it is priced similarly to AAA games from this publisher (such as WATCH_DOGS, which was also a packed-in title) then the pricing will be in that "normal" range ($60USD).  That The Division would be included with the GTX960 is icing; I have other games on my radar that are driving the GTX960 - two of them ship next month (NFS No Limits PC and Ashes of the Singularity).

5 hours ago, PGHammer said:

The GTX960 is targeting those that passed on GT/GTX7xx - and priced accordingly.

I had a 660 at some point, and seeing the 960 barely beat the 760 was like "what?"  I get that it has a significant amount of new functionality, but that still didn't seem like a proper upgrade otherwise.

Fortunately, I've already moved on to AMD...

Also Need for Speed is just called Need for Speed, No Limits is the tablet game :laugh:

On 2/21/2016 at 1:57 PM, xendrome said:

Yeah Fallout 4 anyone?.... most boring series of games on the planet.

Have to agree with you there! On topic: bottom line, is there more people liking the game vs not liking? I understand from the 10 pages here that the biggest gripe is the PC controls and overall game play? Does that about sum it up?

1 minute ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Have to agree with you there! On topic: bottom line, is there more people liking the game vs not liking? I understand from the 10 pages here that the biggest gripe is the PC controls and overall game play? Does that about sum it up?

Well there is reason to be concerned about what kind of cheat protection they are going to use in the game. I haven't heard anything about that.

Because apparently the last competitive multiplayer game Ubisoft released, Rainbow Six: Siege, hackers are running rampant in. And they aren't doing much, if anything, about it.

@trag3dy, is this game only MP? I have not played anything online since City of Heroes (~6 or 7 years ago?) Really not very interested in MP/online games.

8 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

@trag3dy, is this game only MP? I have not played anything online since City of Heroes (~6 or 7 years ago?) Really not very interested in MP/online games.

I think it's primarily a multiplayer game with some single player aspects in the story missions.

Most of the end game longevity of it though is likely intended to be pvp in darkzones as far as I can tell. Which is why what kind of cheat protection they are using is something to be concerned about.

1 minute ago, trag3dy said:

I think it's primarily a multiplayer game with some single player aspects in the story missions.

Most of the end game longevity of it though is likely intended to be pvp in darkzones as far as I can tell. Which is why what kind of cheat protection they are using is something to be concerned about.

Thanks for your info! I more then likely will not be considering this game.

A little update: 

For anyone who wants more free stuff for The Division.. Uplay has updated its rewards for the game. Just login and you will see the rewards for points, some are free and don't need points.  The rewards also include for those Closed and Open beta players.. the Shortbows hat and jacket. If you played on XB1 for the closed Alpha you should be able to get the Shortbows weapon skin. (I don't have it, but I believe it is there.) If you own Rainbow 6 Siege, you can unlock The R6S tactical suit.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/93493/ubisofts-the-division-is-ditching-microtransactions

Originally Ubisoft managing director David Polfeldt had commented that the game would "definitely" feature microtransactions, but since creative director Magnus Jansen struck that down in January, it appeard the lack of microtransactions would be official. There will be expansion packs in the future, but no microtransactions.

Right on.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 7:09 PM, randomevent said:

Instead of cash for in-game currency microtransaction it will let you buy items from a their own store, Steam, PSN, Xbox for the game. Could be better since it seems like if you pay for in-game currency it feels like you never use the whole amount. There is always a few game cash left that you cant spend unless you add more but at the same time I cant spend $1, $2 on my PSN or Steam store if I don't have enough in my wallet because the minimum amount to add to your wallet is $5 so I just have extra cash in my PSN/Steam wallet.

The difference here is semantics. Ubisoft seems to be defining “microtransactions” as anything sold in a game itself. Like how many games will allow you to purchase a new form of currency with cash and spend it on items (Destiny) or just straight-up let you buy things outright for a set price (Hearthstone).

But Ubisoft is pitching their cosmetic wares as “DLC.” Very, very small DLC, but DLC all the same, because it’s sold in the store itself alongside the game. So you’ll see The Division available for download, but also a stream of probable “skin packs” up for sale for a few bucks each listed alongside it. Buy those, and they will show up in your in-game inventory. This is the system they already have in place for Rainbow Six: Siege, for instance.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/02/28/the-division-is-still-dancing-around-the-definition-of-microtransactions/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix#7e75f6aa7b95

Destiny does both, you can spend $5, $10 or $20 for in-game currency to spend or pay $30 from PSN or Xbox for a instant level 25 character.

Edited by Doli