I'll probably get around to playing this by the time Division 2 hits, I'm not big on co-op and mp gaming so I'll just solo as much as I can and move on.   

Just now, George P said:

I'll probably get around to playing this by the time Division 2 hits, I'm not big on co-op and mp gaming so I'll just solo as much as I can and move on.   

You can solo pretty much all of the game, what you probably won't be able to do is solo the harder difficulties that give you the increased chance of better loot. If you just want to play it through and enjoy without the worry of grinding for the top tier stuff you'll be fine.

I've actually picked this up again recently and been enjoying it, I don't take it too seriously but like to matchmake with randoms and try the harder missions and hope for the better loot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, George P said:

Yeah I've pretty much  played through most of it by myself. The larger bosses (is that what they're called in this game) are good fun with match making, I've only ever had team members go off and do their own thing on a couple of occasions, but most of the time the people I'm matched with seem to be pretty good. 

1 hour ago, dipsylalapo said:

Yeah I've pretty much  played through most of it by myself. The larger bosses (is that what they're called in this game) are good fun with match making, I've only ever had team members go off and do their own thing on a couple of occasions, but most of the time the people I'm matched with seem to be pretty good. 

I know there's some sort of story you follow, do you miss out on anything if you don't manage to do the larger boss team fights?   If you can just randomly match make to do those I'll probably do them at some point though.

Just now, George P said:

I know there's some sort of story you follow, do you miss out on anything if you don't manage to do the larger boss team fights?   If you can just randomly match make to do those I'll probably do them at some point though.

Yeah you do need to beat those bosses to unlock the next level/area. The smaller missions lead to the face off with the enemy type leader (if I remember correctly)

Think they also drop some of the better loot. These missions aren't that long, probably between 10/15 mins each and I feel like the mission is better even with randoms. If you have the game, give it a go, it may encourage you to buy the second one ;)

15 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I only ever do random matchmaking, works for me because most of the time I'm carried through missions :D

Sounds smart to me. heh

19 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I only ever do random matchmaking, works for me because most of the time I'm carried through missions :D

You're one of those :p

I think I may crack out the game again tomorrow (day off FTW) and the weekend. 

4 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

You're one of those :p

I think I may crack out the game again tomorrow (day off FTW) and the weekend. 

I hadn't played the game in a long time! the type that are still playing this have all the top tier loot, understand the builds etc. I couldn't do anything but be carried at first!

I've started to feel like I'm making a contribution now, but every so often someone will come along and they play like they could solo the entire mission whilst I cower in a corner crying.

15 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I hadn't played the game in a long time! the type that are still playing this have all the top tier loot, understand the builds etc. I couldn't do anything but be carried at first!

I've started to feel like I'm making a contribution now, but every so often someone will come along and they play like they could solo the entire mission whilst I cower in a corner crying.

That's what I feel is the bigger downside to multiplayer type games, those with more free time who put more hours into it than you can are so many levels ahead that it's not even a joke.  In some games you stop playing for a few days and it's like you're a n00b all over.

2 minutes ago, George P said:

That's what I feel is the bigger downside to multiplayer type games, those with more free time who put more hours into it than you can are so many levels ahead that it's not even a joke.  In some games you stop playing for a few days and it's like you're a n00b all over.

I guess match making is supposed to fix that. I got into Titanfall 2 quite a while after it released, and after a few matches, where I was still learning the maps and getting back into the swing of things, I was back challenging players that had clearly put a lot of time into this game. 

It probably does vary per game though, which is a shame. 

I don't play a lot of games, but I'd say in recent years, Division feels like one of those that is very difficult to get back into or come into fresh. The harder difficulty missions I was just being downed every few minutes when I got back and had to do a bit of research into how to get better. It's not just a case of getting "lucky" with a single new gun or piece of armor. There are Armour sets where multiples of that set are required to actually make a difference.

There's an Incursion (endgame mission) that I've not been able to matchmake into, got into a conversation on Reddit about it and seems most players actively avoid it because you need not only 4 competent players but they all need to have specific loadouts and builds just to be able to complete it. 

I did all the missions solo twice heh (once on PC then on Xbox) so I don't feel like it was particularly hard to get back into.

As for Incursions I haven't even tried them.  Raids in other games are dumb enough.

15 hours ago, dwLostCat said:

I did all the missions solo twice heh (once on PC then on Xbox) so I don't feel like it was particularly hard to get back into.

As for Incursions I haven't even tried them.  Raids in other games are dumb enough.

There's a difference between doing the missions solo and doing the missions solo on Legendary.

12 hours ago, Skiver said:

There's a difference between doing the missions solo and doing the missions solo on Legendary.

Well sure, but I don't know why anyone would actually do that so there is that.