starting to look like all of the big next gen games that got people excited to buy a new console early are flaking out to be much later releases. Im more and more glad that i didnt buy one yet and will be waiting until this fall / holiday season to buy one.

Hoping this isn't true.  IMO most "anonymous" sources are usually wrong.    Plus the year just started so I can't comprehend how they won't be able to release it. 

If they do hold it back, many people including me will be disappointed. 

If this is true and they haven't even really started proper develop for the game, well I say delay it until 2015. Battlefield 4 surely has to be the new poster child of what happens when you just rush your product. Take your time and give me a perfect game.

Damn! I really looking forward to this game. But I'm not totally surprised given the lack of new content since E3. Oh Ubisoft...what happened to you?

I think they just got cocky with good sales.

I"ve actually made a deadline for me to purchase my next-gen console when The Division is released. Now it's pushed much further, it's going to bbs a while till I get it. 

Well, I am getting this for PC, so the delay sucks but I've come to expect most games that were shown as 'next-gen' to promote the consoles were really just tech ideas. The state of gaming - particularly in the console arena - is going down a slippery slope and consumers need to put a stop to it. We keep gushing over these 'previews' and alpha state games when, in reality, its just another way for AAA companies to do a kickstarter. Maybe I'm cynical and a pessimist...I just am really worried where all this is heading (and yes, BF4 has left a nasty taste in my mouth).

I like that they are approaching this game like Rockstar and Naughty Dog. 

That is the 'It will be done when its done' motto. Id rather dev's spend quality time making the game as good as it can be before releasing it to the public.

Damn! I really looking forward to this game. But I'm not totally surprised given the lack of new content since E3. Oh Ubisoft...what happened to you?

The focused to much on making the next 8 assassins creed games and trying to figure out how to break them into as small of pieces as possible.

I personally don't see this as a good thing. When a game is delayed twice (if this rumor is true) within a few months you know things aren't going well for it. That's a shame too because I was planning on getting the pc version if/when it ever came out.

They also scrapped Rainbow Six and are redoing it, supposedly. Ubisoft went from a Tom Clancy power house, to releasing Assassin's Creed after Assassin's Creed. :no:

They also scrapped Rainbow Six and are redoing it, supposedly. Ubisoft went from a Tom Clancy power house, to releasing Assassin's Creed after Assassin's Creed. :no:

Considering I can hardly find anyone who likes the later Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon, and Splinter Cell just now underperformed...I'm not surprised.

Rainbow Six Patriots is still in development, it's not cancelled. They've probably rethought the vision of the game much in the way SC Conviction was. Which is fine with me because Conviction was a great game in the end. I agree about AC and the yearly releases though. That series got old 5 years ago. It desperately needs to go away, which of course it won't because it's their money maker. If Watch_Dogs and Division are big hits I can see them alternating both games ala CoD Treyarch and CoD IW.

Considering I can hardly find anyone who likes the later Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon, and Splinter Cell just now underperformed...I'm not surprised.

I liked RSV1 and 2. RSV2 less, but it was ok. The promises they made to fix the MP were a complete joke and the SP while boring, was at least solid in design. The ending was terrible though. Huge departures from the original games, which I think they might be revisiting with, with Patriots. There's nothing really like that around today. Anything but another BF/CoD clone!

As for SC...from what I've played SCBL is ok. The series doesn't really have anywhere to go which is it's biggest problem. I suppose that's one thing you can always say MGS's greatest strength is; even with the crazy plots, at least they've got ideas.

I'm not really familiar enough with Japanese games to say, but the ones I've played are all about the giant monsters and robots.

That's cool.  But amuses me.

I just got Metal Gear Rising on PC.  I like it but couldn't give you a proper review yet.

I'm not really familiar enough with Japanese games to say, but the ones I've played are all about the giant monsters and robots.

That's cool.  But amuses me.

I just got Metal Gear Rising on PC.  I like it but couldn't give you a proper review yet.

Yeah that's just the start of it lol.

When it comes to MGS, there is the small immediate plot which you care about, then the full picture which I don't think anyone can fully admit to understanding :laugh:

I don't play SC for the story though, it's always forgettable. It's all about the silent takedowns and assassinating :D

• 1 month later...

This has to be the best-looking game I've ever seen. :omg:

Wow, I mean that video....

I literally cannot wait for this!

The level of detail is really high. I forgot about the destruction system and the volumetric lighting looks amazing. Massive Entertainment is a Swedish developer that only made PC games so the PC version will be top notch.

The level of detail is really high. I forgot about the destruction system and the volumetric lighting looks amazing. Massive Entertainment is a Swedish developer that only made PC games so the PC version will be top notch.

Yep, the game looks very dynamic too. I think this is probably my most anticipated "next gen" game... nothing between now and then compares!

I hope they won't dumb it down, like it usually happens when some new engine is showcased and then when the actual game is released a few years/months later; the details are lowered so the consoles would manage a decent framerate.

I hope they won't dumb it down, like it usually happens when some new engine is showcased and then when the actual game is released a few years/months later; the details are lowered so the consoles would manage a decent framerate.

After the reveal of the graphical changes in Watch Dogs today, my expectations for the Division were lowered by A LOT.