Is that confirmed? Would appreciate if peeps who do get in could let me know when they have theirs as I'm not 100% sure which email address the code will come to and one I don't ever check.

So how is this game actually going to be set up?  I mean, is it going to require co-op type play and lots of PvP or can you solo things and enjoy more PvE mission based gameplay?

14 hours ago, Skiver said:

Is that confirmed? Would appreciate if peeps who do get in could let me know when they have theirs as I'm not 100% sure which email address the code will come to and one I don't ever check.

Yup confirmed. A lot of people including me have preloaded the Beta. (I'm on PS4.) I didn't get a code since I pre-ordered the game via PSN. Others have said Ubisoft should have sent you an email if you purchased through Ubisoft.

3 hours ago, George P said:

So how is this game actually going to be set up?  I mean, is it going to require co-op type play and lots of PvP or can you solo things and enjoy more PvE mission based gameplay?

The game does not require co-op play. You can play through the story missions or PVE content alone. No one knows what the end game is yet though as Massive has not said anything about it. 

6 hours ago, Razorwing said:

Yup confirmed. A lot of people including me have preloaded the Beta. (I'm on PS4.) I didn't get a code since I pre-ordered the game via PSN. Others have said Ubisoft should have sent you an email if you purchased through Ubisoft.

The game does not require co-op play. You can play through the story missions or PVE content alone. No one knows what the end game is yet though as Massive has not said anything about it. 

I found my code through ubisofts portal in the end so that should be installing/installed by now if the instant on for Xbox is working.

I think everything I've heard so far says the game can be done solo without issues - you'll be online still and see other players as you go along but the mission itself is yours. 

On 1/26/2016 at 8:50 PM, Razorwing said:

If anyone has a beta code for either XB1/PS4/PC..it should be available to pre-load tomorrow.  Beta starts on Thursday for XB1, Friday for PS4/PC. It also ends on Sunday unless they extend it. 

I dont know if anyone else posted this yet. If you go into your xbox live account on the pc, and change your location to Singapore. Once you are have "moved" to Singapore click on this link Xbox Singapore Division Download   If it comes up with page not found that means you didnt "move" to Singapore.  Once you do get to the page and click the link for download to your X1, you can relocate yourself back to your home country.  Once you click the download check your x1 and it will be on your game list.  You dont need to make any changes to your settings on the X1.  I can confirm it works and downloads. 

17 hours ago, George P said:

I'm not 100% clear on this either but this is what they've said.

1) It's a seemless server hosted (always online) world.

2) You can complete all the story missions solo but it will be harder and you'll have to be a jack-of-all trades in your skill selection.  Playing co-op will allow each team member to specialize their skill set and in turn make missions easier to tackle.

3) PvP is only in the "Dark Zones" but again as referenced in 1) it's a seemless world so there isn't a load screen to transition between PvE regular areas and the PvP dark zones.  They Dark Zones are walled off but you can jump the walls or go through doors, etc. to go in so if you're running through doors and not paying attention it's possible to accidentally end up in the dark zone. (if you're paying attention though this should be avoidable)

Things I'm not certain about:

1) There is some sort of base building but if the world is seemless then you must be able to see other players everywhere and I'm not sure how you call all build the same base differently.  Maybe the base is instanced and you each have your own base instance but then that instance would require a load screen and thus not be seemless...

2) The best gear is to be found in the PvP Dark Zone area.  To get it out of the Dark Zone you can't just carry it out though you have to call in a helo to extract it.  Doing so draws a bullseye on you so is not necessarily trivial.  If you want to avoid PvP then it's not clear if some of this best gear will be completely unavailable to you or if you're just at the mercy of RNG to find it in PvE missions.  Even if you are at the mercy of RNG then is there an ok chance to find the good gear or is it darn near impossible?

1 hour ago, Asmodai said:

I'm not 100% clear on this either but this is what they've said.

1) It's a seemless server hosted (always online) world.

2) You can complete all the story missions solo but it will be harder and you'll have to be a jack-of-all trades in your skill selection.  Playing co-op will allow each team member to specialize their skill set and in turn make missions easier to tackle.

3) PvP is only in the "Dark Zones" but again as referenced in 1) it's a seemless world so there isn't a load screen to transition between PvE regular areas and the PvP dark zones.  They Dark Zones are walled off but you can jump the walls or go through doors, etc. to go in so if you're running through doors and not paying attention it's possible to accidentally end up in the dark zone. (if you're paying attention though this should be avoidable)

Things I'm not certain about:

1) There is some sort of base building but if the world is seemless then you must be able to see other players everywhere and I'm not sure how you call all build the same base differently.  Maybe the base is instanced and you each have your own base instance but then that instance would require a load screen and thus not be seemless...

2) The best gear is to be found in the PvP Dark Zone area.  To get it out of the Dark Zone you can't just carry it out though you have to call in a helo to extract it.  Doing so draws a bullseye on you so is not necessarily trivial.  If you want to avoid PvP then it's not clear if some of this best gear will be completely unavailable to you or if you're just at the mercy of RNG to find it in PvE missions.  Even if you are at the mercy of RNG then is there an ok chance to find the good gear or is it darn near impossible?

You are correct that there is no loading screens (the only time there is so far I've seen from videos is when you die and respawn is the only time you will see a loading screen). You also can't accidentally end up in the DZ. There's another area you enter from the PVE to DZ. It's an area where you can talk to a DZ Vendor and restock your supplies before you enter the DZ.

Your BoO (Base of Operations) is the only time you don't see other players. Say you are in your own group with 3 friends. You all enter into BoO. You will only be able to see only you. However, there are other social hubs around the city where you will be able to see other players grouped in one room or building.

DZ has a better chance of getting better loot. The same loot will still drop outside of DZ from what I've heard. It's just DZ is more likely to drop more, but as they say High Risk/Possible high reward. It's still RNG. 

21 minutes ago, Razorwing said:

You also can't accidentally end up in the DZ.

That's not what Community Developer Hamish Bode says:

“It is seamless. For example, the Dark Zone. You don’t load into it, you just jump the wall and you’re in. And sometimes [players] are going to do this accidentally. And it’s not always just walls – there are different types of entries and exits [to different zones]. And some only act as entries. So if [players] aren’t sure, maybe don’t jump.”

Source

26 minutes ago, Asmodai said:

“It is seamless. For example, the Dark Zone. You don’t load into it, you just jump the wall and you’re in. And sometimes [players] are going to do this accidentally. And it’s not always just walls – there are different types of entries and exits [to different zones]. And some only act as entries. So if [players] aren’t sure, maybe don’t jump.”

Source

I marked the point to where to start the video.. you can see where they go in. 

9 minutes ago, spacer said:

My PS4 download is done and ready to go for Friday. I'm hoping the servers hold up.

Wanna play? :D 

1 minute ago, Razorwing said:

I marked the point to where to start the video.. you can see where they go in. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but that video is from a BETA release and doesn't necessarily represent EXACTLY how the final game is going to work.

In any event the point of my reply was not to say you were wrong but to post where I got that information from, it's not something I just made up myself.

Personally I couldn't care less one way or the other because the game lost me with the always online but in trying to find out if it was indeed always online I read a bunch of articles and so I was trying to help answer George P's question based off the information I learned from them.

2 minutes ago, Asmodai said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but that video is from a BETA release and doesn't necessarily represent EXACTLY how the final game is going to work.

In any event the point of my reply was not to say you were wrong but to post where I got that information from, it's not something I just made up myself.

Personally I couldn't care less one way or the other because the game lost me with the always online but in trying to find out if it was indeed always online I read a bunch of articles and so I was trying to help answer George P's question based off the information I learned from them.

The person in the article most likely have played a earlier build of the game.. afterall, the game has gone through a lot of changes apparently.. so who knows? Maybe he's right? I'm just saying from what I've seen from the Beta. It would be awesome if we could just climb a fence and accidentally end up in the dark zone. 

On 27/01/2016 at 5:29 PM, Asmodai said:

Source

So it can be a bit weird - sometimes you have to load into things and sometimes you don't.

I was pretty disappointed with the beta ( I didn't play the Alpha) and I put that as past tense because I honestly feel like after a few hours in one night , there is little point in going back to playing it as it lacked a lot of content. The PVE area was pretty small with very little to do, alot of the missoins/base/perks etc were "not available in the beta".

If I had gotten into the beta without a pre-order then I certainly wouldn't be rushing out to get an order in which imo is not a good thing. As much as the beta's main function is to test the game and supporting infrastructure, it's also a selling tool and imo by cutting so much off they missed a good chance for some hype.

Don't get me wrong, the limited stuff that is there I enjoyed, I'm not going to go and cancel my Pre-order because I think there is a lot of potential there. 

Watching the PC version on Twitch..... man why do my friends want to play on PS4 that smooth PC framerate is just too good after watching the Xbox One and PS4 versions.

56 minutes ago, Doli said:

Watching the PC version on Twitch..... man why do my friends want to play on PS4 that smooth PC framerate is just too good after watching the Xbox One and PS4 versions.

I always planned to play this on the PC myself.

I know I missed posting this. Season Pass details. Been trying to save New York was taking my time :D

The first expansion, called “Underground”, lets a squad of four players explore new territory in a post-epidemic New York City underworld. In the second expansion, called “Survival”, players will have to try to survive in a hostile environment that will challenge even the most hardcore Division players. The third and final expansion is (perhaps fittingly) titled “Last Stand”.

If you hit the streets of The Division’s New York on launch day with the Season Pass, you’ll get some goodies too, including an exclusive sawed-off shotgun as well as new outfits and weapon skins. Season Pass owners also get monthly perks in the form of exclusive content drops and events.

In addition to the Season Pass content, The Division will receive free updates – available to all players – throughout the year. These updates will be built around new game modes, featuring cooperative challenges that reward your squad’s ability to successfully work together.

http://www.gamesradar.com/division-season-pass-details/

Edited by Razorwing
added source

Yeah, maybe I'm alone in this but after hearing about the dlc details I kind of lost interest. Two of the dlc sound like game modes they didn't have time to finish for launch and at some point decided they could finish them later and then attach a price tag to them.

Add to that the fact that they announce them before the game is even out.

Pass. For now. I might get it down the road when it's much cheaper.

I played a bit over the weekend, and I have to say I liked the game. The shooting felt fine to me; it was kind of like Mass Effect in that regard, and I loved Mass Effect. The loot was meaningful and there is tons of room for customization. The single story mission was good. It had cutscenes, good voice acting, and gave a clear direction to the games narrative. Something I couldn't (and still can't!) say for Destiny. I even kicked around in the Darkzone for longer that I anticipated, and mostly enjoyed my time with it.

The game ran smoothly on my PS4, and I didn't have any trouble connecting or staying connected to the servers. Overall, the game seems really polished. I have two gripes, and one is big enough that I don't think they'll change at this point, so close to release. They need to remove unlimited sprint in Darkzones and rework the rogue status mechanics.

More than once my brother or I was marked as a rogue for shooting another player rogue player, exactly once; which, inevitably, caused us to get gunned down by others. The way they handle the "oops, sorry I didn't meant to shoot you" threshold does not work in it's current incarnation. If a player has a red health bar, has a skull over their head, and if the reticle turns red when you aim at them then I should be able to shoot them with no consequence. It's stupid that this isn't the case for "rogue 0" people, because in the middle of a "large" firefight with actual rogues, it's near impossible to tell which people you can and cannot shoot. And in a multiplayer game such as this, hesitation usually means death. More then once, it caused an unintentional rogue status for me, which is unacceptable. I have no interest in ever going rogue on purpose, and I would much rather spend my time in the Darkzone hunting intentional rogue players. (read: ass hats) Which leads to my other gripe; unlimited sprinting.

You can, literally, sprint forever in this game. If not "forever", then an extremely long, long distance. So long in fact, that I don't ever recall running out of sprint at any point in my play time. Why would this be an issue? Unlimited sprint makes it almost impossible to catch-up to or effectively take part in manhunts if rogues continually sprint. You can't fire accurately while moving, especially while sprinting, and if rogue players are sprinting away from you, you have to sprint after them. Shooting them does nothing to slow them down, and if you don't start running immediately you'll lose them; because, stupidly, they disappear from your radar and hud if they get too far away. You're stuck in this infinite marathon that isn't fun or tense, just waiting/hoping they stop to hide or get engaged by another group. And since the Darkzone areas are huge, hoping for one of those eventualities is going to be continually disappointing. I literally chased a group for their entire 3 or 4 minute countdown, trying to catch up to them to engage them, and never did. They did nothing but sprint for their entire countdown.

A big draw of the Darkzone for me are the dynamics of a "self-policed" community, of which I want to take part. But if I can't do so effectively without the need for multiple team coordination, then that section of the game is basically worthless. I'm cancelling my preorder for now. I'll keep an eye out for dev notes related to the rogue formulas/thresholds and sprinting. Maybe I'll pick up the game if those things get fixed, but I won't hold my breath.

• 2 weeks later...

12654536_885715424877715_829708327232475

If anyone is interested, there's a free open beta coming on the 18th-21st of February. As usual, XB1 is on the 18th, PS4/PC on the 19th. Beta ends on the 21st.

I wonder if I'll be able to play it this time. It ran terrible for my hardware in the starting camp (high 20 to low 50 maxed) however that was not the problem. A minute or so after leaving the starting camp, the game would always crash with a memory error, although ram was never full (8GB). Tried again on the last day and the game would freeze for 1 second every other 2 or 3 and crash with a (same?) memory error once it had enough. Of course this happened only after leaving camp.

The only thing I've killed in the beta was one lousy rat (and my patience).

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 4:08 PM, Razorwing said:

If anyone is interested, there's a free open beta coming on the 18th-21st of February. As usual, XB1 is on the 18th, PS4/PC on the 19th. Beta ends on the 21st.

I'm definitely joining in, since I had already planned to get the game.

19 hours ago, randomevent said:

I'm definitely joining in, since I had already planned to get the game.

Nice! are you getting it on PC/PS4/XB1 ? 

39 minutes ago, Razorwing said:

Nice! are you getting it on PC/PS4/XB1 ? 

PC.  (Though I'll probably do the open beta on the X1 first, since it's starting earlier.)

I've spent a lot of money on this machine and plan on upgrading near the end of the year, it'd be silly to focus on the console now (especially with so many of the new big X1 games coming to win10.)

Just now, randomevent said:

PC.  (Though I'll probably do the open beta on the X1 first, since it's starting earlier.)

I've spent a lot of money on this machine and plan on upgrading near the end of the year, it'd be silly to focus on the console now (especially with all the new big X1 games coming to win10 from what I can tell.)

That's awesome. There's tons of configurations you can do on the PC. I've also heard it has up to 3 monitor support which is madness..and you can config your HUD to say if you want your radar on your left screen etc.